Photo

Two Weapon Fighting vs. Dueling

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:36 PM

Is there any time that Dueling is actually the more powerful choice for a Guardian? Or is using Two Weapons always a more powerful choice?

Edited by Klorox, 15 July 2008 - 03:36 PM.

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:33 PM

Is there any time that Dueling is actually the more powerful choice for a Guardian? Or is using Two Weapons always a more powerful choice?

Well, you might not have noticed then edits I made to the last post, but they would seem to suggest that, Dueling is the most powerful choice with Single weapon style and Power Strike, in fact the most powerful of them all...

But then again I might have made more than few mistakes. :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:08 AM

It's superior defensively. I wouldn't take it for that, but two-weapon fighting also includes penalties on your to-hit rolls even at level 3. If you're going to be using Flurry or Power Attack a lot then you probably don't want things that increase your chance to miss - there's a reason two-weapon fighting and Flurry is called a flurry of misses :rolleyes:

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#4 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 04:25 AM

Very true Blue, but I would think that if I were planning a character who would use Flurry a lot, I wouldn't choose Dueling because I can get the same number of attacks with just Two Weapon Fighting. It makes sense in # of feats to just go with 1 feat chain rather than 2.

I guess I just think of (most of) the Jedi in the movies using only 1 lightsaber, and want to see that sometimes. But by the numbers, I find it hard not to go for two weapons (or a double weapon, but that's another discussion).
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin