Pendant of Yemeth Quest (SPOILERS)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 -MarcusB-

-MarcusB-

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:15 PM

Hey,
I've recently been playing Torment for the first time in years with all the fancy patches and such, including UB. I'm having a problem with this quest. I talked to Ratbone and got his request for 5 rat tails. However, I already had 5 tails (the rat tail charms that provide thiefy bonuses, right?) in my inventory, and when I talked to him again, he had no option to take them. He says "Do you have the tails" and my only option is to say "No I don't." Dropping and picking up the tails doesn't seem to do anything. Is there anything I can do to progress the quest? I haven't significantly interacted with anyone in the quest yet, I spoke to Rake-Chaser earlier but just asked him my questions about Pharod/journal/etc. Thanks.

Might be a tad late to reply, but still, you need cranium rat tails, not the rat tail charms.

#42 -Dalis918-

-Dalis918-

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:58 PM

heya. Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I've installed the mod today, along with tweaks and the other one that was recommended, but trying to find Rat-bone in Ragpicker's square, I'm just seeing a few collectors, Carver (old ratbone) is renamed properly, Marrow-friend is there, so is Nodd and Yellow-finger. but no Ratbone. T_T help? D:

#43 -BiggusGeekus-

-BiggusGeekus-

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:41 AM

heya. Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I've installed the mod today, along with tweaks and the other one that was recommended, but trying to find Rat-bone in Ragpicker's square, I'm just seeing a few collectors, Carver (old ratbone) is renamed properly, Marrow-friend is there, so is Nodd and Yellow-finger. but no Ratbone. T_T help? D:

He's tucked away up northwest of the mage tutor's hut (I forget her name).

#44 -Gryphon-

-Gryphon-

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Uh. I just did the Kill-Everyone version of the quest, and it strikes me as a little odd that the Mercykillers don't react at all to the massive multi-monster brawl that breaks out a couple of tables over. I mean, that's got to be noteworthy even by Hive standards, right?

They are, after all, already keyed-up and waiting around for a fight. I can't imagine that young one with the case of nerves just sitting by on his hands when there's an altercation going on nearby he could be hesitantly attempting to put a stop to. Even just some floating text between him and his babysitters would be cool, since it seems plausible enough that his first reflex might be along the lines of double-checking that INDEED nobody expects him to try and get between an idiot and a pair of angry fiends.

It just seemed so odd to me that the Blood War basically broke out in miniature on top of the Sigil Police, and they didn't even bat an eyelash. I get that they're slumming it and here for some other guy, but still! It would be nice if the Refurbished Version or whatever could add a bit of flavor text to address their inaction. And maybe some kind of reference from the barkeep after the dust settles about previous times and lives in which you have made a mess of his establishment (he has a canon reference to your past escapades, right? I didn't come across it myself though).

Just my two cents! Actually that was my first cent, my second cent is me also casting my vote for there being some way for that poor fop--well, Rake--to make it out alive. I felt super sorry for him when his eyes crossed when I suggested a wager, I knew something was up and it frustrated me that I couldn't try to fix it.

#45 -MagusRogue-

-MagusRogue-

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Its been a few years since this thread came up but I do have to wonder, Qwinn, any chance yet of that Expanded Pendant of Yemeth quest?

#46 -Pariah-

-Pariah-

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Sorry for the resurrection, but I having an issue:

Markus:

Ratbone in Ragpickers points you to the two devils in the Smoldering Corpse Bar, who have a -lot- to say about it all. If you skipped that part of it, I can see why you feel the way you do.

I didn't add journal or quest entries because the dialogue file didn't have any for me to restore, and I figured people would rather be assured that the writing and dialogue in the restored quest really is 100% Black Isle content rather than having me adding stuff of that nature and wondering if what they're seeing was original or by me.

Qwinn

Incidentally, I spoke to the fiends before I spoke to Ratbone. I'm not sure if there's a relation, but no matter what I say to Ratbone, I can't get him to assign me his rat tail quest. Was there something else I was missing?

#47 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

can someone tell me how am I supposed to begin this quest?

[SPOILER]

Edit 20 november 2014: if I remember well you have to talk with the guy near the portal that takes you to Pharod. He wishes that you get for him 5 rat tails. Get them from the building in the same map, then talk with him and let him explain you the story of yemeth

Edited by Sergio, 20 November 2014 - 01:29 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#48 -Jimbo-

-Jimbo-

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:02 AM

Forgive my ignorance, as it is 3 AM and my google-fu has failed me: How do I even start the quest? I read songthing about a Ratbone guy, but he was renamed Carver, nobody named Ratbone in Ragpickers square. Found that Adyzoel guy, and walked off after he threw a tantrum, and Rake Chaser didn't seem to be of much help...

#49 -Jimbo-

-Jimbo-

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:10 AM

Nevermind, Ratbone was just in a hard to see spot...

#50 Markus Ramikin

Markus Ramikin

Grey Knight Librarian

• 105 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

Bug: if I kill Rake-chaser without starting the quest, then talk to the fiends, the quest continues as if I had made an agreement with the fiends.

I killed Adyzoel in a duel without my character knowing anything about the quest, then I talked to Rake-chaser, he tried to flee, I killed him. I looted the pendant. When I talk to the fiends in the bar, the option to give them the pendant exists the same way as if my TNO knew about the quest and had agreed to this. I am guessing the dialogue line never checks the state of the quest, just for whether you have the pendant or not?

Perhaps this wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't been able to kill Rake chaser. But in my game characters attempting to flee the area never actually succeed at doing so, including Rake-chaser. They reach the edge of the map or some door and yet never disappear. (Another interesting thing, just now, the "drunk" pickpocket near the bar, whom I caught and I told to get lost, actually made attacking animations at me, and only started running once I removed my party from reach). I don't remember if this problem existed in vanilla. (I'm playing gog classic version + mods).

EDIT: Nope. I just approached Rake-chaser at night (again, without starting the quest) and for some reason the only subject matter I could broach with him was "your death", which makes little sense. This time he didn't try to run, he just fought, and again after looting his pendant the quest continued from half-way in a nonsensical way.

IMO the simplest way to fix this is the dialogue should check for both the pendent AND the quest state, so that if you do things out of order, the game will simply ignore that and still let you start the quest normally, get the information, and then you'll have to talk to the fiends a second time to hand in the pendant.

Compare Rauk: you can have all 3 rings for him the first time you talk to him, but you'll still go through the first dialogue before you can offer them. Same thing.

Edited by Markus Ramikin, 04 May 2017 - 12:19 AM.

*coughQwinncoughLotharcoughskullscough*