Photo

Weird bug: I get "item gained" message when I quicksave

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

It only happens sometimes, and I can't seem to track down what's being added to my character's inventory.

Anybody ever have this problem before?

This has only happened in my most recent game. I've never seen it happen before on this (or any) installation.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:09 AM

It only happens sometimes, and I can't seem to track down what's being added to my character's inventory.

Anybody ever have this problem before?

This has only happened in my most recent game. I've never seen it happen before on this (or any) installation.

I've seen it a lot in KotoR2, but only occasionally in K1. Have you tried the option to Show New Items in your inventory? That may help, since it would show you just the things that have been added since you last checked. It's probably when you get extra copies of something in your inventory, at least that's my experience.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#3 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:08 AM

WEird. Is there any way to fix it?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#4 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:44 AM

WEird. Is there any way to fix it?

I've only seen it occasionally in KotoR, so I'm not sure if this will work, but in KotoR 2 it often seems to go away without any help when you exit the area where you picked up the item causing the problem. The only other thing I can suggest, and it's really a lot of work, is to open your inventory and click on every item in it.

Actually, one possibility just occured to me. If you pick up an item and then equip it before checking it in the inventory screen it sometimes remains registered as a new item in your inventory, but doesn't show as a new item on the relevant tab. Could that be what you have? If so, it needs to be un-equipped and checked in the inventory to remove the effect.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.