Photo

Revan (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 03:19 PM

Judging from cutscene movies and other official pictures and stuff, what should Revan have in stats, feats, skills, powers, ect.?

I've read the according to Lucas, Revan is canonically a male. He also ends up being a good guy (Light-Side).

I've only seen stuff with 1 lightsaber.

I've also read that his clothes in pictures are always the clothes of a Scout (but I can not remember actually ever seeing this).

Canderous says Revan was a master tactitian, which leads you to believe he's probably got a high INT.

Any other stuff y'all can think of?

Anything else?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

It was said, by Kreia(sp) I believe, that Revan was strong in the force. Suggesting a consular perhaps?

#3 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:02 AM

It was said, by Kreia(sp) I believe, that Revan was strong in the force. Suggesting a consular perhaps?

I always understood the 'strong in the force' comment as a way of saying that X was powerful, not regarding to a jedi class in particular.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#4 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

I'd figure Revan to be a Sentinel - well-balanced between weapon and Force prowess and with a good amount of guile and skills to boot.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#5 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

• 344 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

I always understood the 'strong in the force' comment as a way of saying that X was powerful, not regarding to a jedi class in particular.

Probably right, but seeing as Klorox is trying to gather Revan's stats I figured every piece of conjecture would help. Choo Choo might be onto something though, Sentinel does seem like a better fit, perhaps.

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 04:06 AM

Considering you are Revan, the skills, feats and class can be what ever in the anti-heaven you wish. -_-

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 05:49 AM

There's a place in KotoR 2 when the Exile encounters a vision of Revan in Darth Revan mode, and that version wields two lightsabers. I can't remember any force powers being used, possibly some of the "buffs". There's also a Darth Revan mini in one of the sets Wizards make - Force Unleashed, I think. That version has a single lightsaber. By canon, he is male and ultimately LS, and able to defeat Mandalore in hand to hand combat.

I personally think a pre-Mandalorian War Revan would be a consular, really good at diplomacy with a high charisma and intelligence but possibly not so high Wisdom. I'd reckon on both INT and CHA being high in all versions, WIS being more variable. How you'd balance the physical stats is another matter, but I'd reckon on high CON given the things he survives. Perhaps DEX over STR, simply for the contrast with Malak.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#8 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

• 344 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:23 AM

Considering you are Revan, the skills, feats and class can be what ever in the anti-heaven you wish. -_-

I'll bite. Pretty sure Klorox was refering to the canon/Mandalore War/pre-game version of Revan... Not the amnesic, Endar Spire dwelling, <CHARNAME> version of Revan.

#9 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

I still insist on a Sentinel. I agree with Bluenose about the high INT and CHA, but a high INT says more about Revan being a Sentinel than a Consular, as does the average/low WIS I picture, as well.

I know, I know, I'm dead set on a Sentinel. But it just makes so much sense!

I'd say something like..

STR: 13/14
DEX: 16/17
CON: 15
INT: 16
WIS: 12
CHA: 18

Then again, I was never good with these things.

#10 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 12:55 AM

I still insist on a Sentinel. I agree with Bluenose about the high INT and CHA, but a high INT says more about Revan being a Sentinel than a Consular, as does the average/low WIS I picture, as well.

I know, I know, I'm dead set on a Sentinel. But it just makes so much sense!

I'd say something like..

STR: 13/14
DEX: 16/17
CON: 15
INT: 16
WIS: 12
CHA: 18

Then again, I was never good with these things.

The main reason I'm against a Sentinel is because of the basic function of the class, what they're described as doing. I can't remember the exact quote but when you're talking (to Master Dorak?) in the Dantooine Academy he describes what the different classes do, and the Sentinel is the one who goes around "ferreting out injustice," among other things. I suppose I can see Revan as being like that, with his insatiable curiosity ("Master Zhar, I was never insatiable, just a little greedy"), but it does seem more like a Consular to me, always wanting to learn more about things. I think Sentinel works for Revan in terms of his abilities, skilled both with the force and in combat, but not quite in terms of the associated characteristics.

As for the stats, they're a little higher than you'd get in KotoR but the general concept is one I agree with entirely. Revan should be impressive physically and mentally.

Edited by Bluenose, 28 July 2008 - 12:57 AM.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#11 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

• 344 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

Where is that quote from Bluenose? ("Master Zhar, I was never insatiable, just a little greedy")
Is it actually from the games, as I don't recall it? Sounds like Revan though.

#12 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 04:51 AM

I'll bite. Pretty sure Klorox was refering to the canon/Mandalore War/pre-game version of Revan... Not the amnesic, Endar Spire dwelling, <CHARNAME> version of Revan.

Of course I was. Jarno's being a wise guy. ;)

Again, I'm interested in finding out what class, skills, and feats the canonical Revan probably posessed. I think it's an interesting debate. :)

I don't think stats define what class Revan was.

Since I've read that Malak lost his jaw in a lightsaber duel with Revan, you could assume Revan is a superior warrior. Since Malak is a Guardian (at least I think he is), Revan would have to be as well, wouldn't he?

Choo Choo, what makes you think Revan has a lot of skills?

There's a place in KotoR 2 when the Exile encounters a vision of Revan in Darth Revan mode, and that version wields two lightsabers. I can't remember any force powers being used, possibly some of the "buffs". There's also a Darth Revan mini in one of the sets Wizards make - Force Unleashed, I think. That version has a single lightsaber. By canon, he is male and ultimately LS, and able to defeat Mandalore in hand to hand combat.

I never knew about the dual lightsabers. Neat!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#13 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

• 344 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:24 AM

Since I've read that Malak lost his jaw in a lightsaber duel with Revan, you could assume Revan is a superior warrior. Since Malak is a Guardian (at least I think he is), Revan would have to be as well, wouldn't he?

Maybe he just got a sneak attack in? :whistling:

In all seriousness, that could have just been a lucky shot, doesn't really mean he is also a guardian.

#14 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 03:45 AM

Maybe he just got a sneak attack in? :whistling:

In all seriousness, that could have just been a lucky shot, doesn't really mean he is also a guardian.

Oh, you're absolutely correct. This is all speculative. :)

? Stewie Griffin

#15 Anaximander

Anaximander
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:10 PM

In every cutscene I remember seeing Revan in, he appeared to be rather slender. From that, I think we can infer that his strength was average at best. In the opening cutscene of KOTOR 1, Bastila manages to hold her own against him in a lightsaber duel up until the point when Malak's ship fires upon them. I see 3 possibilities:

Revan was toying with her
Revan was not an exceptionally skilled warrior (Bastila was only a Padawan at the time)
Basitla was exceptionally skilled with a lightsaber

From various conversations with Kreia, we know that Revan studied under many Jedi Masters and he most likely learned a great deal from the writings of the Sith. I could see how he might be proficient with multiple lightsabers styles. Perhaps he could wield two as easily as one.

There is another conversation with Kreia that I think is rather significant. It's when she's comparing you to Revan. She says that "To look upon Revan was like looking into Heart of the Force." I think she's saying that Revan wasn't just strong with the Force, but that he was incredibly strong with the Force. A Consular?

I also agree that both his intelligence and charisma would have to be high. The tide of the Mandalorian War didn't turn until Revan took the field. Canderous describes Revan as a tactical genius. "He fought us to a standstill. Then, he started pushing back." Revan also managed to convince many other Jedi, who were presumably all fairly intelligent and charismatic people in their own right, to join his cause. Many of them even followed him into the Dark Side. It would take a very powerful personality to influence to many strong willed idividuals.

Revan built and programmed HK-47, including the Assassination Protocol. This implies considerable skill in both Repair and Computers (to use game terms). Could he have been a Sentinel with exceptional power in the Force?

Maybe we should start looking at the prestige classes from KOTOR 2 to help define him. I think a Sentinel -> Jedi Master combination might fit him nicely.
You have defeated The Purpose!!!
Experience gained: 50000
Gold gained: 1000
You gain a level!!!

#16 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 03:46 AM

I agree with Anaximander.

Klorox: Revan built HK-47, Kreia speaks about his/her "devotion to things dead to the force", technology which is probably both repair and computer and possibly even demolition, and Revan's persuade skill must've been out of bounds.

And yeah, Malak's a Guardian. He's Force Jumping.

Edited by Choo Choo, 30 July 2008 - 03:47 AM.

#17 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:04 AM

I agree with Anaximander.

Klorox: Revan built HK-47, Kreia speaks about his/her "devotion to things dead to the force", technology which is probably both repair and computer and possibly even demolition, and Revan's persuade skill must've been out of bounds.

And yeah, Malak's a Guardian. He's Force Jumping.

I agree with Anaximander as well. Great post.

And I don't know how, but I forgot about him building HK-47. LOL!

I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of him in Scout clothing. This fits for the Computer Use and Repair skills. OTOH, I'm pretty sure Consulars get those skills too.

Consular probably fits him best. In game terms, I think a Scout/Consular might be the closest to what he's intended to be then.

Maybe stats like this: 10/14/12/14/14/14

? Stewie Griffin

#18 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:20 AM

Mmm.. I still think Anaximander's Sentinel->Jedi Master would fit Revan best, at least pre-KotOR1. In KotOR1.. well, that's up to the player.

#19 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:26 AM

Mmm.. I still think Anaximander's Sentinel->Jedi Master would fit Revan best, at least pre-KotOR1. In KotOR1.. well, that's up to the player.

I am unfamiliar with KotOR II.

I know in KotOR I it's up to the player. My intention in this discussion is to determine how to best replicate what Revan was with what we know about him/her, with a whole lot of speculation thrown in.

What's the best way to imitate the Sentinel/Jedi Master in KotORI? Would it be a low level non-Jedi with 15+ Sentinel levels?

I could definitely see a Scout 4/Sentinel being a cool character and a fairly loyal representation of Revan.

? Stewie Griffin

#20 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 05:37 AM

Hm.. that's the thing, though, with what we know of Revan. Revan's a Jedi.. and since we don't know anything about his/her past before the Jedi Order, it's safest to assume he/she was taken in by the Order as a child. But of course, that's just speculations.

I'd say Scout/Sentinel, yes. And then, if we throw in KotOR II's prestige classes, to Jedi Master/Sith Lord.