Photo

Revan (Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 05:52 AM

Hm.. that's the thing, though, with what we know of Revan. Revan's a Jedi.. and since we don't know anything about his/her past before the Jedi Order, it's safest to assume he/she was taken in by the Order as a child. But of course, that's just speculations.

I'd say Scout/Sentinel, yes. And then, if we throw in KotOR II's prestige classes, to Jedi Master/Sith Lord.

I know we're looking at a maxed out Persuasion, Computer Use, and Repair also. My only snag here is that Sentinels don't get Computer Use or Repair, but I think that Consulars do (can anybody confirm this?).

I guess I'm still having a hard time understanding why Sentinel makes more sense than Consular.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 06:16 AM

What's the best way to imitate the Sentinel/Jedi Master in KotORI? Would it be a low level non-Jedi with 15+ Sentinel levels?

No, in gaming terms, it would be to take 15 Sentinel levels and then add a few Consular levels. As Jedi Master is the Consular class plus more force points(+2 per level) + few extra abilities.

But I would make Revan pure Jedi Guardian-> Sith Master; which is the same thing as a Jedi Master, but with the dark side corruption.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 31 July 2008 - 06:18 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:51 AM

Damn my work firewalls not letting me onto GameBanshee! ;)

Edited by Klorox, 31 July 2008 - 07:52 AM.

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#24 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:27 PM

Well, playing a Sentinel in KotOR2 I have at least computer use and persuade as class skills. Not repair, however, but there's a feat to rectify that.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#25 --Darth Prefect--

--Darth Prefect--

Posted 05 September 2008 - 06:44 AM

In the latest edition of the Star Wars RPG by Wizards of the Coast, Revan has been given stats in the KotOR Campaign Guide, and they look like this:

Darth Revan (Jedi Civil War)
Human Jedi 7/Jedi Knight 5/Sith Apprentice 3/Sith Lord 5 CL 20
Abilities: STR 17, DEX 17, CON 14, INT 15, WIS 18, CHA 19
Trained skills: Acrobatics, Deception, Initiative, Knowledge (Tactics), Perception, Use the Force
Force Powers: Battle Strike, Dark Rage, Farseeing, Force Grip, Force Lightning, Force Whirlwind, Mind Trick, Move Object, Slow, Wound

Looking at these, his talents and feats (too much to type up here :P), Revan's main abilities lay in social skills and Force use, so in KotOR terms, Jedi Consular might not be a bad fit - but he's also pretty strong with a lightsaber.

Hope someone out there found this interesting. :)

#26 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 08:22 AM

I'm gonna pop in here for a bit.
Stats:
Str: ?
Dex: ?
Con: ?
Int: Med-High: A tactical genius, a fast learner, and quite the linguist
Wis: Med-High: Revan learned of the (true) Sith and was wise enough to know how to deal with it(failing in a wise course of action does not make it unwise). He was powerful in the force(which wisdom affects).
Cha: Med-High: As mentioned, an inspiring leader, very persuasive. (Cha also has some effect on force use)

Jedi class(es): I can quite imagine Jedi Sentinal/Consular > Sith Lord (don't forget that there are several force boosts that would have made him more powerful than most warriors.)

Some thoughts to chew on.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#27 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 09:36 AM

In the latest edition of the Star Wars RPG by Wizards of the Coast, Revan has been given stats in the KotOR Campaign Guide, and they look like this:

Trained skills: Acrobatics, Deception, Initiative, Knowledge (Tactics), Perception, Use the Force
Force Powers: Battle Strike, Dark Rage, Farseeing, Force Grip, Force Lightning, Force Whirlwind, Mind Trick, Move Object, Slow, Wound

Looking at these, his talents and feats (too much to type up here :P), Revan's main abilities lay in social skills and Force use, so in KotOR terms, Jedi Consular might not be a bad fit - but he's also pretty strong with a lightsaber.

He has two talents from the Jedi Consular list, Adept Negotiator and Force Persuasion. That's out of twelve in total. On the other hand, he hasn't got any talents from the Sentinel or Guardian lists.

He is very solid in both lightsaber combat and force powers, one of the toughest characters in the book. I personally would have given him a lower Wisdom and higher Intelligence and chosen a few different abilities, but Darth Revan could be made up a lot of ways and been reasonable.

I was amused myself by what they did with the Jedi Exile from Kotor 2. If I'm right she has to have taken 1st level as a Soldier before she became a Jedi, or she ends up with four feats too many. Though that could be an error in the stat block, which aren't unknown.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#28 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

Awesome, thanks for posting this! By any chance, do they delve into what Revan is after the brainwipe?

BTW, I think that's a very funny username, if it's on purpose. :)

? Stewie Griffin