• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

Just wondering. What are you guys using for rubies? There aren't any in the unmodded game. There are "Ruby Stones" but they don't really look like rubies.

We introduce some for Aurora for one of the quests, so this might cause a conflict. If someone installs both mods, they might try to use rubies from one mod for the other, unsuccessfully most likely.

I'd be willing to change ours, but it's pretty specific to the creature, his god, PnP resources, etc., and it's already done, BAM, description and all. Can I possibly persuade you to use some other type of stone? :D I'd even be willing to do a custom BAM for it if needed.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#2 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

I might replace colour some of the light gems on photoshop.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

That's basically what I did for our ruby. So if it's a similar BAM and the same name, you see where the conflict or confusion might arise...

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

I will morph a different gem then. :)

Post what you are coming up with and I will post my awful hackery.

Icen

#5 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:17 PM

Or, I could google 'Ruby' and nick a decent result. (With copy citation and all the legal nonsense)

Argh! DLTCEP is refusing to save my selected BAM for editing as a bitmap!

Icen

Edited by Icendoan, 18 July 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#6 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:48 PM

Do yourself a favour and get BAM Workshop I from teambg.eu. DLTCEP can be kind of quirky with BAMs. BAM Workshop can be too, but there's a pretty straightforward tutorial on making item BAMs with it (here on SHS I think).

Here is our star ruby, basically a recoloured star sapphire. We also have a normal ruby, which is a recoloured diamond or something.
Posted Image

My point though, was even if the names are the same, and the quest mob asks you to bring rubies, well you could bring Aurora's rubies to Curumo and get screwed cause he won't accept them and vice versa. Or worse, maybe he would accept them and you'd get shorted for the other quest (and vice versa again).

Maybe you could use jacinth or something, which was the fire gem in BG:DA2. Here's the full list. Some of those might make ok BAMs if they were baldurised a bit.

#7 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:02 PM

Ah, most of this won't be seen in Silm, but for the minimod I will add something like these have a definite magical sheen and Curumo would be interested.

Icen

#8 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:15 PM

I don't mean to edit in DLTCEP, I mean to edit in Photoshop, but I haven't yet found a successful way of getting it to a .bmp format.

Icen

#9 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:21 PM

Export the BAM from DLTCEP or NI, open it in BAM Workshop and then export the individual frames to BMPs. Then edit the frames and reassemble with BAM Workshop. Royal pain in the arse, but it's pretty much the only way until someone invents a better tool. Teambg.eu has a Photoshop plug-in but it doesn't work on BAMs.

#10 Icendoan

Icendoan

• 1723 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 02:30 PM

Well, I have decided I am definitely not using any BAM I make for this, at least until I get somewhere where I can do something constructive lol.

Icen