Modding

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Akatosh

Akatosh
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

Hello All.

I have been playing Oblivion for the past year-or-so and I am looking into getting Morrowind, but from some of the things that I have been reading have made me wonder if there are mods to make it a bit more like Oblivion.

First of all I was wondering if there is a more convenient (Oblivion style) fast travel system other than the silt striders, also if there is a mod to remove the idea of the "hit dice" so that I'm not standing around "hitting" my enemy with nothing happening (or so I hear happens)

Thanks

#2 --Ibis--

--Ibis--

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

For teleportation systems if you join the Mages Guild you teleport between all the different guildhalls in different cities besides be entitled to a bed and a workbench for alchemy, whatever. There is also a teleporting system using Index devices that is more ancient than Mage Guild or Siltstriders. And there are many teleport ring and other teleportal system mods to download and use. If you learn to use the construction set you can make your own teleport system go just where you want.

In most Morrowind fans' opinions the 'fast travel' of Oblivion led to the repetition and blankness of the wildernesses of Oblivion outside of towns. Whereas Morrowind is rich with uniqueness and surprise around every corner.

There are many many mods available to improve/change the Morrowind fighting system. There are mods to inject "Oblivion Fighting Style" into Morrowind. And there are Oblivion armor and weapon mods for Morrowind. I am wearing Oblivion Mithril Chainmail Armor on my Morrowind character as we speak.