• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#41 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 05:11 AM

I don't think Moira's ever been a party member in any BG tales before, either. :) The chapter didn't go remotely like I had intended, but the flow of conversation between Alexandria and Moira went a different route, and I followed.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#42 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:59 PM

My apologies for missing a week, but you can blame another writing project of mine, currently classified, that's off to an excellent start. Chapter 13 should hopefully get done this weekend.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#43 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

If anyone sees my muse, I want its hide nailed on my wall. :( Written four different chapters, doing four very different things, and haven't regarded any of them as good enough to post (though they did serve to develop a phobia for Alexandria with much potential for getting the entire party laughing at her...). Maybe I should just cut to the chase and start with the Keep. >_>

Fair warnings as well: certain third-string villains from canon are due to display intelligence scores above the single digits in this story. I do rather hate being cruel to my characters, but examining how things will go when the bad guys behave intelligently and cannily does have its interest...

#44 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:27 AM

Sorry it's been a while since my last comment. At University, and I couldn't remember myt password for the forums *blush*, but I have been following Malleus Animorum intently. Liking the way your story is shaping up as well and can't wait to see what you do with the keep.

#45 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 07:48 AM

Progress is still stalled, unfortunately-exams seem to exact a hefty price on my writing muse, and I've been preoccupied by another fanfic project. Hopefully, the end of exams will get the creative juices flowing again. At present, one of the main issues is deciding whether to get in another peaceful chapter, or cut to the chase and open up with the assault on the keep.

#46 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:15 AM

Hey Tempest! Great to hear this is still coming along. :) Good luck for your exams, and when you do get back to writing, whatever you decide I'm sure will be best. :D

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#47 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

But either way...

*Cue Ominous Music*
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#48 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:47 AM

Oh, believe me-I haven't abandoned this at all. I've actually written up what promise to be the cores of a couple of chapters, but this immediate chapter is giving me fits. Character development, or cut to the action? Focus on Nalia, Yoshimo, Jaheira, or some combination thereof? Humorous or serious? Interpersonal or big picture?

Does not help that Nalia kills me to write. With her original reason for being in the plot tossed out the window, I'm less inclined to take liberties with her personality, and I can't seem to get a handle on the way she thinks, acts, and speaks. I don't want to push her off to the sidelines, but quite honestly, I hate being challenged as a writer. :)

And re: Dark Mage, I do have plans for the keep, oh yes indeed. I just hope my creations will forgive me for what I have in mind. :devil:

#49 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:28 PM

Interpersonal or big picture?

Interpersonal! Interpersonal!

(Still hoping for Ajantis... :P He seems to get the bad hands these days, having lost two relationships in two different stories at least already. Poor sod. :lol: )

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#50 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 03:22 PM

If it'll salve your curiosity...
Spoiler

#51 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:45 AM

Spoiler

Awww. But it's alright, I am faithful you know what's best for your story. Poor Ajantis, though. :P

Still, the "Interpersonal! Interpersonal" shout still stands. Even if it doesn't involve one Ajantis. :lol:

- ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#52 Dark-Mage

Dark-Mage

Because killing is an art, and I am a master.

• 344 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:02 AM

Spoiler

Am I right in thinking this is not common knowledge to the party yet? Do not think I have seen it discussed, however, there is every chance I simply missed it somehow :unsure:

#53 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 06:17 AM

Shoo! *Heads back to drawing board/MS Word...*

#54 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:05 AM

Nice to see another chapter, Tempest. :) Enjoyable read, as always.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#55 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 11:23 AM

Peanut gallery said interpersonal, so I ran with it. :) Originally intended the whole thing to be just between Alexandria and Yoshimo, but I felt it was a good time to establish some of the interpersonal dynamics that don't involve Alexandria as well.

#56 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:59 PM

Peanut Gallery?  :blink:

Do you mean me?

Because my seat is worth its weight in silver, at least. Like totally.

If anything this is the Pistachio Gallery. They're much better than Peanuts anyway (unless the Peanuts have Wasabi. ^_^ ).

- :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#57 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:40 PM

*Shrug* It worked.

#58 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 03:14 PM

*Shrug* It worked.

Want a Wasabi Peanut? Or do you prefer Pistachio too?

I also have some Wasabi and Mayonaise Cheetos lying around, though I'm careful with those, as it's not sure when or if I'll be able to get more.

(I'll be quiet now... :( )

- :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!

#59 Shadowhawke

Shadowhawke

Starlight Seeker

• Modder
  • 1568 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 02:37 AM

Hey Tempest! Very good work with the interpersonal there - I liked the way you've extended Yoshimo (although a note - despite Western perceptions, Japanese 'geishas' are actually highly trained artisans, not courtesans) and the banter between the three of them was quite fun. I also liked the hint that you'll be expanding the Keep, which I can't wait to see. And I think the only thing I have to offer in terms of constructive criticism was that I felt this chapter was a little dialogue-heavy, but overall it definitely achieved its interpersonal aim. :D

So yes. Basically, a good job once again, and I can't wait to read more!

Through lightning, travel shadow,
Through hell and all above,
Surviving sword and arrow,
Bound stronger by the love

And in the end a witness,
To where the death has lain,
Silent through the sorrow,
Where innocents lie slain

#60 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 05:20 AM

Well, if you're lucky, Chapter 54: The Anvil's Kiss, may be done in time for a Christmas special. :) Once again, things are going a fairly non-canonical route with the aid of a few low-level DnD spells not present in the game.

Expect things to slow down for a while once the Keep is retaken, though, in terms of overall pacing-I have some definite plans for more character development afterwards, and the Keep itself will go a non-canonical route, too, mainly due to upgrading the intelligence of certain characters.

Edited by Tempest, 21 December 2008 - 05:38 AM.