Photo

Can anyone get me in touch with Clan Dlan?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:56 PM

As anyone following this forum knows, the next release is imminent, and it will include Spanish, Italian and German translations.

There is an issue with the spanish translation, however. Clan Dlan, which created the spanish translation, packages it with an executable installer that also installs Platter's Fixpack. This is -not- good if it's going to be installed before or after my mods. I will need to warn Spanish users not to install that version, that all they should do is copy the translated dialog.tlk file. It will also be difficult to warn them since I do not have translations for any of the readmes.

Why this post? Because although I have tried to register at the Clan Dlan site and post or PM various members there, I have -no- permissions for -anything-. I can't do anything but read at that site. It's quite frustrating, I have no idea how anyone ever posts there. And I even know spanish (though my writing is lousy), and I can't figure it out! So if someone could please get me in touch with anyone who has posting priviledges there, so at the least I can get a warning about this posted over on their site, and possibly permission to just create a link to my own forum with their translated dialog.tlk file without all the other frills that come with their executable (or maybe even get them to remove that component from their executable, if they'd agree to that), I'd really appreciate it.

Qwinn

#2 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:11 PM

Immortality is from ClanDlan and I believe she's responsible for most of the spanish translations around. Perhaps you could try to contact her via PM/email here or in the other IE sites.

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#3 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

Thank you kindly, I will do so.

Qwinn

#4 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:28 PM

I talk to Immortality on a regular basis and I just linked her to this topic. I'm sure she'll check it out when she has time. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#5 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 08:41 PM

Thanks SConrad! I sent her a PM as well, so good to know she'll hear about it soon, as the next release is -really- imminent, heh.

Qwinn

#6 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 11:48 PM

/me raises hand :)
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D

#7 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:48 AM

Qwinn, I, who I am the spanish translator of your mods if you have forgotten, had already said that I am a member of ClanDLAN. And I know that issue with the spanish translation, and I have PMed (do this verb really exist?) with one of the authors about releasing a spanish translation of the Torment without the PlatterFixPack, but he said me that only if its really worth it, maybe we could release a translation without the platter.

I was expecting you release the news versions to check any incompatibility to confirm this.

#8 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 04:11 AM

Ghildrean,

No man, of course I didn't forget, I'm not sure why now but I thought you weren't around anymore, I seem to remember asking a question along these lines a while back and never getting a response from you (not saying for sure that's what happened, just what my impression was when I made this post). Please don't be offended - believe me, your work with the spanish translation of my mods was much appreciated.

Anyways, I have discussed things with Immortality in PM's a bit, and I -think- I have posting priviledges over there (although for everyone's sanity it's probably better for me to just continue communicating here) and noted this thread over at Clan Dlan now:

http://www.clandlan....showtopic=42733

I already sent a PM to Immortality correcting the misconception that Platter's Fixpack came with dialogue fixes - in fact, it did not make any changes to dialogue whatsoever, so there is no technical need for them to be packaged together.

So anyways, Ghildrean, please feel free to hop in on the conversation at that link! My spanish is decent enough that I can read it without problems, and I can speak fluently enough, but if I tried to write it your eyes would bleed (haven't had occasion to write in spanish since I was 7, heh).

Qwinn

#9 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:09 AM

Well, I wasn't disappointed. And yes, I visit this forum only a few times to see the new things. My apologises for not to be here when you asked me.

#10 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 06:37 AM

It's okay, no worries.

Question for you. I'm looking to create a much shorter version of my readmes for the mods, to offer up to translators, that can include simple installation instructions and - maybe - the buglist/description sections, but skipping most of the really really long FAQ of the readme.

Do you want first crack at translating those for spanish, so you can have sole control and credit for all translations regarding my mods? Considering all the work you've done already, you're certainly entitled to that if you want it. If not, don't worry, I am sure I can find someone else :)

Qwinn

#11 Ghildrean

Ghildrean
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:36 AM

Well, send me the readme and I will see what can I do with it.

#12 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 01:40 PM

Okay, will let you know when I have the pared down version :)

Qwinn