Your 5 favourite games.

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 11:57 AM

Maybe some shooters? But, please, not too much blood! I'm after all a girl. :ph34r:

One of my all time favorite games was Outlaws which is a western shooter. Bad graphics by today's standards, but the game play is hilarious. You can turn off blood, too.

No One Lives Forever (I strongly recommend this), SW- Republic Commando, Portal, Oni, Half-life, DeusEx, Lost Planet.

I never played NOLF, but I did see some of it and it looked very humorous.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#22 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

I know I can turn off the blood, but without the game is... incomplete.

#23 Jarley

Jarley
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:01 PM

Another game I really enjoyed playing through was Divine Divinity. The title's a bit boring though. Fable is quite nice as well, even though it's really short.

Best game? I'd say that's pretty much a tie between Planescape: Torment, Gabriel Knight 3 and Soul Reaver 2.
Dreams are like vertebrae - a broken one can cause paralysis

#24 DeusEx

DeusEx

Disappearing Member

• 757 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

What do you think is a best game of all times?

DeusEx :D.

#25 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 12:03 PM

Another game I really enjoyed playing through was Divine Divinity. The title's a bit boring though. Fable is quite nice as well, even though it's really short.

Fable TLC? I enjoyed playing it, maybe 2 months ago. Minus: Char is male, by default. * Smirk *

#26 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

I like games, some sort of Mafia. You can post your game interest, too, If you like it, of course. :devil:

#27 Sir_Carnifex

Sir_Carnifex

Scourge of Kobolds

• 290 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:58 PM

Minus: Char is male, by default. * Smirk *

They do that because male characters don't talk so much. That means less work for the writers. :tease:
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort." - Herm Albright

#28 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 08:14 AM

Minus: Char is male, by default. * Smirk *

They do that because male characters don't talk so much. That means less work for the writers. :tease:

They are? PC hasn't got a name, you know.

#29 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

Let's see...

Ultima VII - I just loved this, and ended up hooked on UO for seven years because of it. But the original U7 was a fantastic RPG, if a tad buggy (I also enjoyed part 2, Serpent Isle, but it was rather depressing in places...)

BG series - I'd despaired of ever finding an RPG as good as U7, as after that, no one wanted to make anything other than Doom clones (and then Quake clones) for several years. But then BG arrived and it was everything I was hoping it would be. I liked SoA even more, and ToB, though flawed, does at least round off the series.

Planescape: Torment - not much needs to be said, really.

Civilization - this game, in its various incarnations, has cost me much sleep and kept me very amused for a long time.

Rollercoaster Tycoon - riding rollercoasters is my other fun interest, so I couldn't resist this (and RCT3 is even nicer). Designer/creator Chris Sawyer is a big coaster fan himself so the rides you get in the game are actual rides, not made-up fantasy rides as in the Theme Park games. I must admit I love building parks and coasters.

Honourable mentions: Fallout 2, Doom, Quake, Wolfenstein 3D (the first one), Ultima Savage Empire, Ultima Underworld, Morrowind, Syndicate, Midwinter, Elite and Eye of the Beholder have all cost me many hours. Being an ex-games journo, I've played a lot of games over the years, some good, some awesome, some terrible, and most rather banal, but these are the ones that stood out. I'm sure I forgot some, somewhere...

#30 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 03:49 PM

Sorry, but i find myself unable to choose just five titles...

Diablo series
Jagged Alliance 2
Rings of Power ("-")
Fallout series
Shining Force (Megadrive- Sega)
UFO: Terror from the Deep

BG series
KOTOR 2
Vampire the masquerade: Redemption
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#31 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:24 AM

Man, I've played Quake 4, not a long time ago. My poor lunch in stomach. (Very scary) The same about Doom.

#32 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:58 AM

I find most shooters and RTS appealing at the first glance but boring afterwards. I'm not quickly enough with the mouse and the keyboard, i guess.

#33 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:10 AM

...Jagged Alliance 2
Fallout series
UFO: Terror from the Deep...

Have you tried UFO:After -math, -shock, -light 's? Link. They are nice.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#34 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 07:54 AM

Mm bugger I knew I'd forgotten a few - some of my old fave point and click adventures. Secret of Monkey Island (the first one) and Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers would be my top two there.
I miss 2D. <_<

#35 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:32 AM

What about space, people? Good-old X-Tension :D

Edited by Aliya, 10 August 2008 - 08:32 AM.

#36 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

What about space, people? Good-old X-Tension

Oh yes. I loved Starflight, Buck Rogers and Master of Orion series. (and Master of Magic too, BTW)

Have you tried UFO:After -math, -shock, -light 's? Link. They are nice

I bought an Aftermath special edition some time ago, but didn't find the time to play it yet.

#37 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:20 AM

My brother loves Max Payne. But I myself like more CRPGs.

#38 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hm.

I'd say...

Baldur's Gate
Golden Sun
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
Final Fantasy X
Secret of Mana
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#39 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:50 PM

Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate II
Wizardry VII
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#40 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:54 AM

Let's see.

Unmodded

Baldur's Gate II
Planescape Torment
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (The longest Journey is awesome too)
Mask of the Betrayer
Knights of the Old Republic II

However Modded
BG1 with EasyTutu and BG1 NPC tops the list, for the sheer amount of interaction, depth and exploration available.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage