Photo

Your 5 favourite games.

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

This is going by unmodded gameplay (besides patches, fixes, etc).
1. Fallout 1
2. Baldur's Gate
3. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. Diablo I
5. Mask of the Betrayer

Honourable mentions for Baldur's Gate II, Diablo II, Tales of Destiny, Dawn of War, Planescape: Torment, and Starcraft

#82 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 02:01 AM

Ohmanohmanohman. Where to begin?

1: Planescape: Torment.
2: Morrowind.
3: Baldur's Gate (the entire series - I can't pick!)
4: Oblivion.
5: Ohmanohmanohman... huh. Knights Of The Old Republic II, maybe? Or Dreamfall. Or Arcanum. Or Bloodlines. Or... or... or... man. Too many good games out there.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#83 Vonburen

Vonburen
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 04:35 AM

1 Planescape Torment
2 Baldur's gate (whole serie) Ultima (7)
3 Fallout 2
4 Vampire: Bloodlines
5 Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer/ Morrowind

Edited by Vonburen, 05 May 2009 - 04:39 AM.

#84 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:50 PM

To be honest, I can't believe so many of you have finished MoTB. I haven't finished it so I don't know how good the game is. But NWN2 camera system was enough to drive me insane, I gave up midway. Such a shame. There are so many NWN2 mods out there I want to play (Planescape, Bishop and Casavir romance!)

#85 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:42 PM

This weeks top 5:
1. Icewind Dale in Baldur's Gate 2.
2. Baldur's Gate 2 with all kinds of mods. :D
3. Drakensang: The Dark Eye.
4. Fallout
5. LBA2(Little Big Adventure 2)

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#86 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

Mixin' RPGs with shooters ;)
1. Fallout
2. Baldur's Gate 2
3. Kane & Lynch
4. Painkiller
5. Bioshock.

#87 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:29 AM

To be honest, I can't believe so many of you have finished MoTB. I haven't finished it so I don't know how good the game is. But NWN2 camera system was enough to drive me insane, I gave up midway. Such a shame. There are so many NWN2 mods out there I want to play (Planescape, Bishop and Casavir romance!)

Mask of the Betrayer is definitely worth -everything- wrong with the engine. I agree, the camera system drove me up the wall. Also, the graphics are shoddy, it's one of the more unstable engines around, and it lags me even at lower settings. The OC's story isn't enough for me to get through that more than once, but MotB has such a good storyline, and the npcs are 5x better than the OC's.

[/rant]

#88 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 08:27 AM

I've only played the demo for BioShock, but I loved it. :)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#89 HighTimeRodeo

HighTimeRodeo

It's high time the rodeo came to town!

• 160 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:32 AM

1. Throne of Bhaal (Can't imagine why... :whistling: )
2. Halo (MC Rules!)
3. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. Mario Kart 64
5. Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Can you tell I like Nintendo?
That gave Jarlaxle pause. "Because I love you as a brother, I pray that you will one day fathom the truth of it all, my friend."

"They're dragons," Entreri muttered. "And I know how Drow love their brothers."

-Road of the Patriarch

#90 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:52 AM

eheheh well i can't immagine why HIGHTIMERODEO like throne of bhal....

1) Final Fantasy VII (oh my god sephirot....)
2)Baldur's Gate (I II)
3)Shin Megami Tensei Persona 3 FES
4)The Sims II (I know is a silly game.... but i like silly thinks!!)
5)Final Fantasy Tactics (standing ovation for Ramza)

And i'm a FF fans (except for FFX and FFX-2 are just orribles and too easy)

#91 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:13 PM

I must admit Mass Effect is nudging its way up there. I'm currently on my 5th consecutive playthrough. I just can't seem to get enough of it.

#92 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

It varies over time, depending on what I've bought lately or things I've run across in my collection and suddenly though how much fun it would be to play again. But the current list in no particular order is:

Baldur's Gate (1 with Tutu and NPC Project, 2: SoA otherwise). Still a great game ten years later. I prefer 1 because of the wider range of exploration provided in the game, and 2 for the NPC interaction. With Tutu/NPC Project I get both, hurrah.
Medieval II Total War. I bought Empire Total War, I've played it, I'm not that fond of Steam but don't object, but... E: TW is too easy. My very first play through I conquered the world. M2TW is harder and, therefore, better, for me.
Alpha Centauri. I like strategy games a lot, and something Civ related needs to be here. This is my favourite, so it gets the spot.
NeverWinter Nights 1. It's just ahead of 2 because of the range of Mods available, which exceeds that for the second game. I prefer the OC from 2 by a large margin, and I think Mask of the Betrayer is on a par with Hordes of theUnderdark, but I prefer Shadows of Undrentide to Storm of Zehir which I think ends up as a bit of a failed experiment.
Hearts of Iron 2. Conquer the world between 1936-1953 as, well, anyone. You won't win outright with the Guangzi Clique/Bolivia/Tibet/Luxembourg, but survival feels like a triumph anyway. Part of a really nice series of historical strategy games from Paradox Interactive.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.

#93 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:30 AM

It changes constantly for me. As of right now:
1. Baldur's Gate Saga
2. Icewind Dale (in BG2)
3. Nexuiz (an FPS in Linux)
4. Myst 4
5. Tron 2.0
A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#94 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 08:39 PM

1. Tactics Ogre -Very good old school strategy game
2. Resident Evil 2
3. FF6 (3 on super snes)
4. FF7
5. Baldurs Gate Saga

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#95 Manveru

Manveru
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

Difficult to say, as it changes in time, but my list would resemble to:

1 Planescape: Torment
2 Fallout 1 & 2
3 Baldur's Gate 2
4 Final Fantasy VII
5 Master of Orion 2

There might be more in in the same level, like Sim City 4, Final Fantasy X, Civilisation 2, Deus Ex, SW:KOTOR, Silent Hill 2, ... and many more in the first 10 games. In total I like less than 100 games. What is beyond that is simple: in more than 20000 different titles that were published up to now since mid-70s, there may be around 1000, max 2000 games that are really worth playing. The rest is badly done, copies good titles without innovating, completely obsolete or simply boring.
Elen Sila Lumenn' Omentielvo

#96 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:57 AM

Difficult to say, as it changes in time, but my list would resemble to:

1 Planescape: Torment
2 Fallout 1 & 2
3 Baldur's Gate 2
4 Final Fantasy VII
5 Master of Orion 2

There might be more in in the same level, like Sim City 4, Final Fantasy X, Civilisation 2, Deus Ex, SW:KOTOR, Silent Hill 2, ... and many more in the first 10 games. In total I like less than 100 games. What is beyond that is simple: in more than 20000 different titles that were published up to now since mid-70s, there may be around 1000, max 2000 games that are really worth playing. The rest is badly done, copies good titles without innovating, completely obsolete or simply boring.

Oh my.... tell me it is a joke... FFX is just horrible! all the game wiht a map always showing u where to go... the ultimete moster that almost suicide himsel (all the batlle u just have to put your group on 'guard') i'm gona tale some water wiht sugar now i'm not feeling very well... :wacko:

Edited by xdeathplanetx, 05 July 2009 - 11:59 AM.

#97 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:30 PM

Some people just have different tastes. :) I adore Oblivion, but I have a couple of friends who hate its virtual guts.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#98 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 12:32 PM

i know i was just giving my opinion i have also gived him compliment for his pic in his page

#99 Aeryn

Aeryn

Peacekeeper

• Modder
  • 764 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 06:14 PM

I don't think I can really rank my favorites, so in no particular order...

Fallout 3 - blowing stuff up...'nuff said...plus, I like the story, and I like Daddy, and Dogmeat! except when I shoot him on accident...
Mass Effect - beautiful, beautiful game and very engaging story, plus shotguns are awesome
Baldur's Gate Saga - incredible story and mods mods mods!
Morrowind - the first time I played the game, I was sucked into the world for two months straight...I barely ate or slept ^_^
Fable/Fable 2 - can't pick between them, I just love the humor and the tattoos/hairstyles and the plots...and kicking chickens :D

That was a really hard list to make. I like so many games (Lost Odyssey, Jade Empire, The Force Unleashed, The Witcher, KotOR...), but as far as the ones I gained the most enjoyment from, those five would have to be it. :)

Visit My Etsy Shop!

Completed Works:

Sarevok Romance

Haer'Dalis Romance

Sarevok Friendship

Contributions:

Romantic Encounters

Works in Progress:

Haer'Dalis Friendship

#100 yarpen

yarpen

Drunken Superhero

• 257 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:04 PM

Huh, things have changed and after many nights spent on PSP with Final Fantasy VII onboard I have to say ROAR, I love FF7. Currently I'm obtaining last Grand Materia from Junon and story of Cloud... damn, that was awesome! But I also adore FF8 and this could be for me personally even better (I hate FF7 simplified character's graphics) but on PSP it has some crashes when fighting bosses. :/

Now I'm playing mainly things for PSP and PS1 (on unlocked PSP you can play them too!) so current list looks like that:
- Infinity games (BG Saga, IWD Saga and PS: T)
- Braid (just a genius, I love logic puzzles, I love platform games... so that's my Holy Land)
- Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection (because when you have King with 400 matches and get beaten 3 times - you're really proud of it and you cannot stop playing!)
- Final Fantasy 7/8 (it's impossible to decide which is better. And yup, comparing these to american/european RPGs is just impossible.)
- Dissidia: Final Fantasy (I know that's not-in-english, I don't understand anything in japanese but after reading english manual it's playable. And that's epic fights generator! If you didn't saw clash between Sephiroth and Cloud in this, you've seen nuttin')
-