• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:58 PM

Anyway, realised I hadn't posted anything up here in a little while, and thought it might be time for another preview - this time, a lovetalk.

Ninde Lovetalk 11

Ninde: Often I look around myself at the copious ills of human society, and wonder where it all went wrong for the fledgling race. Then I find myself wondering of everyone I meet? were they borne of love or of something else?

~

Ninde: It?s a marvelous thought, isn?t it? Each an every one of us is the result of a good old fashioned bedding. Marriage, rape, an accident, a whore, a hot summer, a drunken fling, a saucy wink, incest, an impassioned affair, a long dreamed of blessing or simply the God?s dipping their divine quills into the interminable ink of the realms. Isn?t it wonderful?

PC: No, Ninde, a great many of the things you just mentioned are not wonderful. Far from it, in fact!

Ninde: My dear, nature is a language all it?s own. The best way of dealing with things is simply to sit back and laugh. Laugh at the way none of us really care if the others live or die, most men are perfectly content to while their days away with a slim, pretty thing, and blissfully ignore the entropy at the core of all human endeavor.

PC: Hm? you seem like an avid student of human nature, and yet you so often fail to see the good inherent it. You talk all about the entropy, the vice and the fear, but ignore the virtue, nobility, passion and unconditional love we all carry within us.

Ninde: Nobility is self-preservation dressed up as something higher, and love likewise a crooked donkey made up like a white charger. I am many things, but not an idealist. This way, I am never disappointed by the world; simply bemused and delighted by it all!

PC: I?m still not convinced. I?ve seen far greater forces at work in the realms then instinct, self-preservation and lust. Would you have me believe that that is all illusory?

Ninde: <CHARNAME> believes in things. How sweet. It is nice that you believe in things, but it would be better if you did not. The more you believe in, the more things you will lose, the more things will be trampled out of you by the drudgery and the sorrow that follows on sorrow. But if you don?t appreciate my philosophy, how do you prefer me, honeybunch??

PC: ~I actually appreciate your cynicism. Whoever said sarcasm is the lowest form of wit clearly never met Lady Amblecrown.

Ninde: In that case, <CHARNAME>, we are stuck in a world in which a people with the same Gods, the same dirty secrets, the same bestial urges, would rather be brought together for battle than for love. And undergarments are uncomfortable and inhibiting.

Edited by Deva, 20 August 2008 - 03:07 PM.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#2 -Kal Karin-

-Kal Karin-

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:55 PM

Wow, I love her already! It's about time there was a genuinely intelligent female romance npc in the game. Well, I guess the others aren't necessarily stupid, but Ninde is truly impressive.

Love the metaphors, too. :D

#3 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:14 PM

Wow, I love her already! It's about time there was a genuinely intelligent female romance npc in the game. Well, I guess the others aren't necessarily stupid, but Ninde is truly impressive.

Love the metaphors, too. :D

Heh, thanks pet. I agree a lot of the Bioware's lovetalks are on the shallow side - so I was aiming for something a little meatier with Ninde.

I'm glad she already has an admirer, and hope I don't disappoint. :D

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#4 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 07:05 PM

Nice. You make the PC sound smarter than Bioware does, though. Will there be an INT minimum for those eloquent responses?

Also, suggested crossmod interjection:

Ninde: It’s a marvelous thought, isn’t it? Each an every one of us is the result of a good old fashioned bedding. Marriage, rape, an accident, a whore, a hot summer, a drunken fling, a saucy wink, incest, an impassioned affair, a long dreamed of blessing or simply the God’s dipping their divine quills into the interminable ink of the realms. Isn’t it wonderful?

Arkalian: "I can think of at least seven possibilities your list excludes, Ninde."

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#5 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 August 2008 - 12:45 AM

I'll join in the chorus of "Ninde!!!! I want your babiiiiiiiies!!!!!" an happily say that, "Ninde!!!! I want your babiiiiiiiies!!!!!" :D

She's wonderful. This is definitely the mod I am most looking forward to at the moment. From what I've seen, you've developed a wonderfully deep, lively character. I hope you near the finishing mark soon-ish. :)

EDIT - Typo ...

Edited by Crazee, 25 August 2008 - 12:46 AM.

#6 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:33 PM

She is truly wonderful, I wish you best luck with completing the mod! :wub:

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:35 PM

I just have to say--coding Ninde is a dream, because the dialogue is so witty and the quality so good. It is definitely one of the better mods on the market even as it is right now, and it can only get better from here! :D

#8 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:49 PM

This is very impressive! I like smart dialog but not so complicated that I have to read it several times before it makes sense. This is nice and witty and it flows beautifully.
I hope to see her soonish too!

#9 --Majes--

--Majes--

Posted 12 September 2008 - 09:29 AM

I'm way excited for her, too. Great character, great writing = love. :wub: