Photo

Remove single class item limitations

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Drew

Drew
  • 51 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 03:58 PM

A simple request. I find it hard to believe that TNO forgets how to use a hammer when he becomes a thief or forgets how to use a club when becoming a mage and would like to see a Weidu mod tweak it. Since all the NPC's use a table other than fighter, thief, or mage (Vhailor has his own table and Nordom can only use his crossbows, anyway), the easy way to do this is to simply edit all the weapons TNO can use to be useable by fighters, thieves, and mages. Thanks.

Edited by Drew, 20 August 2008 - 04:01 PM.

People who use, have once used, or ever intend to use the word "ginormous" in the future should be shot. They needn't be killed, though. Just shot.

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

...eh.

By the same token, isn't it just as hard to believe that TNO forgets how to cast Magic Missile when he's a thief? Shouldn't he at least retain 1st level spells, if he's a 20th level mage when in mage mode? This logic can be extended all the way to basically making TNO a fighter/mage/thief multiclass that levels as a single class, which IMO would remove something from the game (and be pretty munchkin, to boot).

While I appreciate all suggestions, I'm going to pass on doing this one. My goal is generally to bring more balance to the classes, not less. The 3 classes are supposed to provide different experiences going through the game, and there's few enough reasons already to play a fighter or thief (in fact, one of my tweaks aims at making them more useful, not less useful).

Those cases where I've added "cheats" such as Rest Anywhere and the Tome of Cheats are mainly because non-WeiDU versions were already available for them, and I felt providing a WeiDU version was better than forcing folks to mix WeiDU with non-WeiDU mods. But in principle, I'm not really fond of game cheats and don't really plan on adding any more than are already out there.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 21 August 2008 - 04:51 AM.