#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 10:18 PM

As reported by Leomar:
A gamer reports:

[i]In the new version of DSotSC (2.05) there is probably a new mistake on the map with the phantoms and the dark. This leads to the fact that the door of the hut of the dark is not enterable. If the dark was killed for the first time the phantom should ordinarily give from itself which must be procured the soul container around the dark really to be able to kill. This does not happen and the dark is also not revived.

Mistake cause seem the variable LichResurect to be in the Script DSC002.BCS. This is questioned on the value 2, but is apparently nowhere put. I have put this test-half by hand on 2, before I came to the nearness of the dark and then everything seems to have functioned to earlier.[/i]
I was able to duplicate this problem. Please download the attached script and drop it in your override directory to resolve the problem. There was a missing Continue() after the script block that de-activated the door. Updated locally for next release.

Attached Files

It takes a village...

#2 -Darth Shan-

-Darth Shan-

Posted 16 September 2008 - 07:22 AM

As reported by Leomar:

A gamer reports:

[i]In the new version of DSotSC (2.05) there is probably a new mistake on the map with the phantoms and the dark. This leads to the fact that the door of the hut of the dark is not enterable. If the dark was killed for the first time the phantom should ordinarily give from itself which must be procured the soul container around the dark really to be able to kill. This does not happen and the dark is also not revived.

Mistake cause seem the variable LichResurect to be in the Script DSC002.BCS. This is questioned on the value 2, but is apparently nowhere put. I have put this test-half by hand on 2, before I came to the nearness of the dark and then everything seems to have functioned to earlier.[/i]
I was able to duplicate this problem. Please download the attached script and drop it in your override directory to resolve the problem. There was a missing Continue() after the script block that de-activated the door. Updated locally for next release.

This hotfix does not resolve the problem. For five times the Dark One vanished just like the banshee (only cure: reload) Then, finally, I had to kill the Dark One for three times until the phantom would speak to me. The Dark One never reappeared but I was able to finish the quest anyway.

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

As reported by Leomar:

A gamer reports:

This hotfix does not resolve the problem. For five times the Dark One vanished just like the banshee (only cure: reload) Then, finally, I had to kill the Dark One for three times until the phantom would speak to me. The Dark One never reappeared but I was able to finish the quest anyway.

Did you enter the cabin after killing the Dark One after the 1st time? You should also go back to a save prior to returning to the DSC002 area after killing the Banshee.

It takes a village...

#4 -Darth Shan-

-Darth Shan-

Posted 22 September 2008 - 12:54 PM

Did you enter the cabin after killing the Dark One after the 1st time? You should also go back to a save prior to returning to the DSC002 area after killing the Banshee.
[/quote]

I could not enter the cabin at all. Five or six times the Dark One vanished - just like the Banshee, never to reappear. I went back to the phantom which tried to say something to me (stuttering animation), but there was no dialogue. Reloading time. Finally I killed the Dark One and again and again - all in front of the cabin and where the phantoms were fighting. I got XP for the Dark One. Then the phantom talked to me and I could enter the cabin. After I had looted the chests, a warrior skeleton appeared instead of the Dark One. I killed it and finished the quest by returning the phylactery. The Dark One was gone.
Note: I installed a BGT-Mega-Mod with 50+ mods, and I did not use the NTotSC-Hotfix (did not know about it). A forum member, Ascalon, said, the Hotfixes were working fine for him.

#5 markp

markp
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 03:43 AM

Ok, I feel like such a dumb a** right now but I can't download the file for the fix. It opens automatically and I can't seem to save it as a .bcs file. :crying:

It just opens the script in my browser and it only saves as a link in my override folder. Please help!

Mark

#6 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:32 AM

Right click the red underlined dsc002.bcs and "Save Link As..."

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 05 October 2008 - 04:36 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#7 Lord Psion

Lord Psion
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 03:04 PM

This is solved on 2.10? I am having problems with the Dark One too.

--- It's not only for me.............. It's for ALL ---