Photo

Srilorin NPC for BG2

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 04:41 PM

Okay I have a question. Is it possible in BG to make stat checks in flirts and dialogs and such? For example, <CHARNAME> falls if he or she fails a DEXTERITY check or is that only posssible to script things like that in NWN? Based on my understanding of the tutorials I have read would it go something like this. :D

+ ~CheckStatLT(insert Dexterity value?) RandomNum(5,5)~ + ~Write response or whatever here.~

I have written certain flirts based on stats (Strength, Dexterity etc.) and on classes.

Also, as far as having a class specific lovetalk or PID, can you script a check for individual classes (like Invoker or Fighter Mage) or only the base class?

Edited by Yuwakusha, 27 January 2009 - 04:42 PM.

#82 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 05:33 PM

Very easily. I've got stuff like that all over the place in Gavin. The syntax you have isn't quite right, but it's close. IIRC, it's ~CheckStatLT(Player1,##,DEX)~ or ~Class(Player1,FIGHTER_ALL)~. I have to say "if I remember correctly," since I've been out of BG2 modding for a while, and have to look up the syntax on things.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#83 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks a bunch Berelinde, that helps tons!

:hug:

#84 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:39 PM

The IEDP has everything you need to know about triggers, and other things.

Triggers are the same as conditions. That's what you want when you want to tailor something to a particlar condition. You'll use them a lot, so you might as well get comfortable with them. I would recommend copying and pasting the whole thing to a searchable text file so you will have the information always on hand, even when the internet is down.

Actions are just what they bill themselves to be. That's stuff you can do in a state. Advance time, cast a spell, advance a global variable, make a character do something, like die, etc. You'll use them a lot, too, so the same advice applies.

Identifiers is something you're just going to have to play with a bit. Basically, it contains all the syntax that makes it all work. It contains the things like class codes (FIGHTER_ALL) and time of day checks, and all that happy horse-doodoo that makes the world go round. You'll use it all the time, but there's no way you'll ever get around looking it up every time, so don't bother. Consign yourself to bookmarking the IESDP and get it over with.

CLUA console stuff is always useful for playtesting, but a lot of the CLUA console commands are also valid actions, so you might want to get familiar with them.

You will use Areas literally all the time, so I recommend you copy and paste that one too, so you can reference it offline.

Color gradients, or Colour Gradients, as the rest of the world calls them, is something you'll only need once in a while, but it's still nice to know it's there when you need it.

Thus ends the sales-pitch for the IESDP.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum