Photo

Challenge #41: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 07:43 PM

Leila, that is SO TRUE.
*snif* my poor elven CHARNAME can't be a bard...b
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#22 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Backgrounds? We don't need no stinkin' backgrounds!

Attached Images

• The_Good.jpg
  • The_Bad.jpg
  • The_Ugly.jpg

Edited by JAMoczo, 16 September 2008 - 06:08 PM.

~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?
- Sand, Neverwinter Nights 2

?I would grieve for Eldoth, if it were not for the sense of joy I now feel.?
- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

I can does write fanfiction?

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#23 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

My computer hates life.

Those of you with power: feel free to delete all the stuff that doesn't have pictures. You can delete the pictures too, but that would make me cry.

Edited by JAMoczo, 16 September 2008 - 06:07 PM.

~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#24 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:21 PM

It's my point of view about Good, Bad and Ugly things in BG. Since I'm ill my brain may not work properly so it could make no sense...

skanuj0003.jpg
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#25 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:25 AM

Great entries! Jen and Lythari! Love it! :D

#26 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:40 AM

Those of you with power: feel free to delete all the stuff that doesn't have pictures. You can delete the pictures too, but that would make me cry.

*abuses power*

Also, lol. And I always thought Keldorn was a dick...

It's my point of view about Good, Bad and Ugly things in BG. Since I'm ill my brain may not work properly so it could make no sense...

Best entry so far.

#27 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:54 AM

@Lythari: Bwahahaha, beholders :D And SO true about clerics!

@Jen: Lmao, does Anomen really hate Viccy that much? I've never been able to put up with him long enough :P

Yeah, the lady in the character screen is doing jazzhands. I have no idea why :P

Attached Images

• GBUB.JPG
  • GBUU.JPG
  • GBUG.JPG

Edited by _Nix_, 17 September 2008 - 01:55 AM.

Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#28 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:48 AM

_Nix_ that's awesome, Love the last panel with Saemon.

#29 Bardess

Bardess

the Eternal Noob

• Modder
  • 483 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:53 AM

To comment the last 3 entries...
JAMoczo - that troll in the first pic is probably the cutest one I've seen! And yes, I had to say that, cause I sometimes find stuff incredibly cute. :lol:
Lythari - awesome drawing, and, agreed.
_Nix_ - I'm tall, taller than some (kinda short) guys that I know, and most of the time it just sucks. It's like every imperfection on your body is enlarged - and you have nowhere to hide. Not to mention that I can never see myself as an elf, or a pure thief (I always thought the really really best of thieves had to be shorter). :unsure: Maybe there exists a perfect middle we could both dream about, but let's not kill ourselves over that. :P OMG, I almost forgot! I can't wear high-heeled shoes (which, you have to admit make one look way cooler), as then I'd prolly be taller than any normal guy. Yes, I overdid this comment. *keeps on whining*

Edited by Bardess, 17 September 2008 - 03:56 AM.

"Farewell, Charname, and may Irenicus get you!"

Mazzy to Edwin:
"When science finally locates the center of the planes, I'm sure you'll be taken aback to find that you're not it."

- Author of lil one-day Moddie fox. -

#30 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:15 AM

@ Lythari: Totally seconded on the clerics using pointy objects thing! First of all, how does Anomen use a spear to slay that wyvern (juuuuust kidding!) But really, I think the
reason they do it so that you have someone to use the Flail of Ages and Crom Faeyr. Which I do not appreciate -_-

@ Nix: Don't worry, I totally just make characters for fun too :D

@Vilkacis: I personally adore Keldorn for managing to be a paladin who's not a huge jerk and exceedingly holier-than-thou and boring (and if I ever got stuck in the Forgotten Realms, I would either be a paladin or a mage... or, if this is NWN, a paladin-mage!), but yeah, his hatred of Viconia is a little sketchy. To be fair, she is evil. Very evil.

@ Nix again: Yep, if you keep Keldorn and Viconia long enough he kills her. Well, technically they fight each other, but in that fight Viconia forgets she can cast spells so he kind of butchers her. In a modded game, though, you can talk them out of it.

Edited by JAMoczo, 17 September 2008 - 07:12 AM.

~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

#31 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:50 AM

@ Lythari: yeah great entry!! and it's damn true about clerics and daggers!! In the R.A. Salvatore books drow priestess use daggers!! and in the 3rd book of the wars of the spider queen a wizard uses a battle axe o_O that's really odd. BTW the 'ano' joke works well in Italian ^_^

@ _Nix_: I hate the "you must gather..." sound too! I own BG1 in English, that sound was annoying but at least the the voice actor had got such a sexy voice! But I own BG2 in Italian and the awesome voice has been replaced by a girl who's not Italian and speaks Italian with a horrible accent! Even worse, the guys working on the Italian translation were drunk so they translated 'gather' with a word that in Italian means 'pick up', just like you had to pick up your party mates from the floor and put them inside your pocket v_v I hate that...

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#32 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 07:42 AM

@ Nix Spells! (in a weird conglamoration) Holy Smite, Hold Person, Fireball, Magic Missile, Improved Invisibility, Breach, Khelban's(sp?) Warding Whip, Wail of the Banshee, Emotion Hopelessness(a pain in the rear, in IWD, as I keep experiencing it), False Dawn, and Melf's Minute Meteors(or Meteor Swarm, can't be completely sure).
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#33 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:03 AM

That is Melfs, Meteor Storm goes the other way, I think ;)

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#34 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

@ Nix Spells! ...Emotion Hopelessness(a pain in the rear, in IWD, as I keep experiencing it)

That's just: Emotion, a 4th level mage spell from BGII. And indeed it's Melf's Minute Meteors, the meteor swarm would be more than four, five actually, and cluster differently.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 17 September 2008 - 08:12 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#35 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:21 AM

I'm so glad I'm not the only person geeky enough to do all those from memory :P Yeah, it's emotion and Melf's minute meteors (of doom) - two spells I never knew existed until I started playing sorceresses, and subsequently couldn't live without. Well done, Kellen ^_^

@ Bardess: I think it's just a girl thing to do the "grass is greener" thing. I will admit wearing heels is awesome, but my friends are all at least a foot taller than me (I'm 5ft2 and go to a 70% male college), so I end up living with neck strain the whole time, and having a lot of conversation go way over the literal top of my head. Plus, if it makes you feel any better, a quick poll of the 4 guys sitting in this room right now says tall women are awesome :P
Also, I don't know where I got this from, possibly Tolkien, but elves have always been *taller* in my head than other races. Despite the persitance of DnD in trying to convince me they were short.

@ Epantiras: I secretly take great pleasure in answering back to him when he gets cut off half way through -

"You must gather your-"
*load screen*
"I must gather my what? Sorry? What were you going to tell me?"

@ Aliya: I was going to give him a hat too, but then I realised he was turning into Jack Sparrow :P Don't you just want to kick him sometimes?!

@ JAMoczo: Maybe it's just something about being called Jen which makes us compelled to create imaginary friends :D
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#36 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:43 AM

@Nix - Yes, it was Tolkein, where elves were taller and more beautiful than humans and lived a hundred time as long. Bastards. See, this is why I despise them!

In D&D Land™, however, they are supposedly slightly smaller and slighter than humans. But they still live longer and I still hate them. Bah!

I am 5'7, incidentally, which I guess is a good height - not too tall, not too short - but I always wanted to be a hulking six foot behemoth and was disappointed to stop growing at age 14. I guess I was a little strange compared to most women... Heels, though, are instruments of torture. Yes they look good, yes they lift your bum and make your legs look more elegant, but wearing heels, for me, feels somewhat akin to being beaten across the balls of the feet with a baseball bat. I also have zero patience for any clothing or footwear that restricts movement. If I can't sprint for a bus in it, I don't wear it.

@Lythari - I never got the cleric thing either. Because, I mean, bashing someone's skull in until their brains leak out is so much more humane than a single sword-thrust through the heart or a quick decapitation. <_<

Edited by Cal Jones, 17 September 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#37 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 03:02 PM

I don't own a single piece of clothing or footwear I can't walk, run, sprint for the bus, sit or perch without revealing myself unflatteringly, or, in extreme cases, climb over a wall in. It's all a case of practise and choosing quality items :D Though I'll admit I mostly bum around in baseball boots and baggy jeans on a day-to-day basis. I buy stripper shoes for heels! They're gel padded, have subtly elasticated ankle straps, those which have platforms are hollow so they're light enough to walk in, and they're incredible quality, last ages. I can wear them for hours. Also about 30 quid a pair, which is cheap for reliable, comfortable heels ^_^ </fangirl>

Now, to learn how to walk down stairs in platforms ¬.¬ Darn London underground.

I knew it! Tolkien warped my mind from a young age. I always end up viewing elves as the fashionable, gorgeous drama, phys ed and english students who made my life hell in school :D

#38 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:20 PM

...and here I suddenly realized that I can actually sum up my thoughts on Keldorn... and remain on topic at the same time! :blink:

goodbadugly.gif

#39 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 05:57 PM

Leila: Hah, yes I also wanted an elf druid since it seemed to make sense what with how much they prattle on about nature, but nooo.

JAMoczo: Ahh Keldorn, I never really had him around in my party much so I don't think I ever had him kill Viconia (though I've read about it). However I did think it kinda odd that he would kill Viconia. I mean in BG1 you have Kivan and Viconia in your party, he at least has a drow-hating god. As far as I know Keldorn doesn't have any specific or personal grudge against drow so he must just be a bit intolerant I guess.

Lythari: Huh! I never thought of how clerics can't use sharp weapons in relation to sacrifices, but it does seem odd now that you mention it.

_Nix_: For me replaying the dreams isn't too annoying, however going through Irenicus' dungeon is. Thank gosh for dungeon-be-gone.

vilkasis: XD Awesome, especially Keldorn getting swarmed. It seems Keldorn has the magic ability to make the girls sortof get along with each other.

And now, because I'm lazy I just quickly scribbled this up rather than trying to do something more complicated:

136a.jpg

The text is:
Good: having a (mostly attractive) powerful party
Bad: Said powerful party falling victim to mind-affecting spells
(Berserk, Charmed, Dominated, Hopeless, Confused)
Ugly: When Bhaalspawn attack
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#40 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 06:15 PM

...and here I suddenly realized that I can actually sum up my thoughts on Keldorn... and remain on topic at the same time! :blink:

But but but but but!
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!

- Xan, Baldur?s Gate