Challenge #41: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:11 PM

At least with BG2 Xan you can make him a sorcerer (which is what I did, heh). Sorcerers are full of win!

#62 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:33 PM

Awesome entry, Sammi ^_^
And you're right, slimes are EVIL (mustard jellys, too).
Though Magic Missile is really useful spell (hec, one of the few that can easily affect the dragon(!))and enchanters lacking of it are rather crappy, I don't see this as a very serious disadvantage. They had other nice spells, like Sleep and Charm Person, and I like use Colour Spray just for fun.^^ So I don't see any need to convert Xan, he is adorable as he is.
Anyway, in battle I prefer to slash the enemies with mah sword. ;P

Edited by Lythari, 18 September 2008 - 11:58 PM.

I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#63 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:57 PM

I'm not around for a few days and then get surprised with so many good drawings. I'm glad others can narrow down their likes and dislikes in this game :D
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#64 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

Very cute, Sammi! I just love your ...slime...

Awesome! :D

#65 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 06:43 AM

^_^ I finally finished mine!

:ROFL:

(Also, I think I now know what a critical failure on a "modern languages: Common" skill check looks like.)

#66 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 11:22 AM

Magic missiles! As I said before, that's why I left Xan at the gnoll stronghold and welcomed Dynaheir ;-)
I confess I cannot play without magic missile and death related spells. For some odd reasons, some spells involving death are not listed as necromancy, probably because of balance issues... nevermind

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#67 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 09:56 PM

Awesome entry, Sammi ^_^
And you're right, slimes are EVIL (mustard jellys, too).
Though Magic Missile is really useful spell (hec, one of the few that can easily affect the dragon(!))and enchanters lacking of it are rather crappy, I don't see this as a very serious disadvantage. They had other nice spells, like Sleep and Charm Person, and I like use Colour Spray just for fun.^^ So I don't see any need to convert Xan, he is adorable as he is.
Anyway, in battle I prefer to slash the enemies with mah sword. ;P

Yeah, I know. The whole color spray thing is mostly a big inside joke with me and my friends, I dont convert Xan either. ...Well, he was a sorcerer on my first BGII playthrough with the mod, but after that...eh. Enchantment spells are pretty awesome once you get the hang of em.

(Also, I think I now know what a critical failure on a "modern languages: Common" skill check looks like.)

Yeah, that was on purpose. I wanted to use the worst grammar possible. Just to make it more cute and stupid.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#68 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:00 AM

SOOO cute! *asplode*

Yeah, I don't have anything more constructive to add to the conversation. The cuteness just had to be praised :P
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#69 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:21 AM

Seeing how this thread more or less died down we move on to the next challenge.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image