The Jan Jansen Quest

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 -Aslain Melemir-

-Aslain Melemir-

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:02 PM

Hello there. I've been trying to find a solution to a bug I found myself with during Jan Jansen's Quest. Once I finished helping the Hidden and he leaves, I go back to Jan and discover that Jaella is safe. Then, Lissa and Jaella go downstair, and that's it. The game stays waiting for Jan to speak but nothing happens. I kept playing without talking to Jan therefore not ending his quest, but now everytime I go back to Jan, Lissa and Jaella disappear and Jan says the "Thanks, Jaella is fine" over and over. If I delete the JAELLADEAD variable (with a rather large number) she and her mother return, but the same bug happens again. If a change the variable to 0, then Jaella is dead and I can finish the quest but I want to save her. Is there anyway to fix this quest? I discovered that the problem is the JANLISSAPLOT variable not increasing to 11 after Lissa and Jaella leave, but if I change it beforehand then they don't go downstair and the quest remains unfinishable but because there's no continuation on Vaelag's dialog. So I need the variable 10 to execute and then switch it to 11, but I can't because the console is not usable when the bug shows up then. Can anyone help me? It is already awful to have to delete the JAELLADEAD variable in order to finish this quest, but to not finish the quest actually saving her (which I legally did and deserve to finish that way) is even worse. Please, I need some help :crying:

I'm playing SoA+ToB+Fixpack+Hotfixes+Tweaks (only weapon animations and ToB style NPCs).

PS: Who would have thought that my first play through this game would be so chaotic by the end of Chapter 2? <_<

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 01:10 PM

PS: Who would have thought that my first play through this game would be so chaotic by the end of Chapter 2? <_<

Well, because you didn't patch the game to v26498, I would have. :devil:

Unless we are talking this to being the same problem as in here. Now, I really want to see your WeiDU.log's content, so open it with any text editor(Notepad...) and copy-paste everything it says to a post.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 19 September 2008 - 01:56 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 -Aslain Melemir-

-Aslain Melemir-

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:14 PM

Weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Core Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #1 // BG2 Fixpack - Game Text Update: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #100 // Party Gets XP for Sending Keldorn to Reconcile With Maria: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #101 // Improved Spell Animations: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #102 // Cromwell's Forging Actually Takes a Day: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #104 // Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #107 // Remove Dual-Classing Restriction from Archers and Stalkers: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #108 // Remove Second Attribute Bonus for Evil Path in Wrath Hell Trial: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #109 // Corrected Summoned Demon Behavior: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #110 // Additional Script Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #111 // Bard Song Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #113 // Additional Alignment Fixes: 6.1
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #0 #114 // Change Free Action to Protect Against Stun: 6.1
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #60 // Weapon Animation Tweaks
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #80 // Restore SoA Load Screen Logo (ToB Only)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1010 // More Interjections
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1220 // Allow Cromwell to Upgrade Watcher's Keep Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3125 // Neutral Characters Make Happy Comments at Mid-Range Reputation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #1 // The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #5 // The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #18 // Restored Minor Dialogs
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #20 // Extended ToB Item Descriptions
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #21 // Throne of Bhaal Minor Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #22 // Justifier Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #23 // Feralan Kit
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse

Now I see that I did install a couple more tweaks, like the "more interjections" one but I don't see how that can be responsible for this anyway. And I did patch ToB before the fixpack, hotfix, tweakpack and ub (in that order) :cheers: I didn't mention UB since it doesn't affect this quest or even Jan (right? :mellow: ).

Thanks for even replying, by the way.

#4 -EZSlaver-

-EZSlaver-

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:11 AM

Hi,

I've encountered the same problem, and thanks to your help, I think I solved it:

What I did, is before going upstairs where the scene gets stuck, I set the JANLISSAPLOT variable to 11. This results in me coming up, and Jan going down right away with Lissa and Jaella staying there. I than came down, and just before Vaelag showed up, I paused, and CreateCreature'd LISSA and JAELLA (although I think the latter is unnecessary), in order to have the complete cutscene. I don't know about "long term" effects (CTRL-Ying the copies upstairs might take care of those if any), but at the end of the talk, the JANLISSAPLOT variable is set to 14 (for me), so I guess it's ok. I had just done it, so I would post if anything doesn't go well.

I KNOW this post is 8 years old, but I just experienced the same glitch, so for future generations....