• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 trufa

trufa
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

Greetings!

I need some maybe specific help.

My BG isn't on an internet computer. It is possible, to download the soundsets, to an internet computer, and than transver the soundsets on the game computer via USB drive?

If yes, how must I download the soundsets?
Because i tried a few times, and I found (after the installation) only the install/uninstall file, and the readme.

Thx for the answers

#2 Michael

Michael

NullCascade

• 116 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

Attached File  oggToBG.zip   148.87K   605 downloads
  • Download the "OSX/Linux" version, which doesn't use the installer.
  • Open the shs_soundsets_osx.zip file with your favorite archive manager and go through shs#soundsets\soundsets\.
  • Open each folder you want the sound files for, and extract them to your BG2 - SoA\sounds folder.
  • Download the attached file, and extract it to your sounds folder as well.
  • Run oggtobg.bat from inside your sounds folder (it will convert all your ogg files into the right format, then delete the old ogg file).
That should be all you need. I tested it briefly with the first sound set on a clean BG2 backup I have. First sound played, and that was the extent of my testing.

If it works, awesome. If not... well, I'm sure someone else can help you better than I. :P
This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

What is IEMI?

Please provide feedback on IEMI.

#3 trufa

trufa
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 02:10 AM

Attached File  oggToBG.zip   148.87K   605 downloads  

•   Download the "OSX/Linux" version, which doesn't use the installer.
  • Open the shs_soundsets_osx.zip file with your favorite archive manager and go through shs#soundsets\soundsets\.
  • Open each folder you want the sound files for, and extract them to your BG2 - SoA\sounds folder.
  • Download the attached file, and extract it to your sounds folder as well.
  • Run oggtobg.bat from inside your sounds folder (it will convert all your ogg files into the right format, then delete the old ogg file).
That should be all you need. I tested it briefly with the first sound set on a clean BG2 backup I have. First sound played, and that was the extent of my testing.

If it works, awesome. If not... well, I'm sure someone else can help you better than I. :P

thxx a lot, it should probably work, because I managed to make the files ready to BG, and the test without BG (playing with a mediaplayer) was a complete success. The final result (work with BGII/tutu or not) will come tomorrow

#4 trufa

trufa
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for the help, it works, even with Tutu!

#5 Michael

Michael

NullCascade

• 116 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:28 AM

Glad to help. :)
This is the Internet, where men are men, women are men, and children are the FBI.

What is IEMI?

Please provide feedback on IEMI.