• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

1. Is this mod released, or is it still in beta?
Released.

2. If this mod is still in beta, are dialogue additions likely?
Nope.

3. Is this mod already traified?
Yup.

4. If traified, are you willing to supply the accompanying code, should the translator wish to view the lines in context?
Sure thing.

5. Approximately how many lines need translation?
690 spread out over 2 files.

6. Describe the particulars of the mod (type of mod, brief summary of any NPCs involved)!
An NPC expansion mod which adds a romance to everyone's favourite mage, Edwin.

7. Preferred languages?
Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish. :)

8. Please list other mods by the same author, if any, for comparison of writing style.
n/a

9. Any deadlines?
As soon as possible, but definitely before the end of the year.

10. What game and what mod is this for?
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, the Edwin Romance mod.

11. Anything else you'd like to mention?
For the upcoming v2 of Edwin, the flirts need to be translated into the languages indicated above--that is, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish :) The release is a few months off yet, but the sooner I can integrate any more translations, the better. If a file isn't translated by the time of release it'll just default to english, so it'd be great if the flirts could be translated!

There are two files; flirts.tra is 74kb and the tflirts.tra 62kb. Some of the lines are duplicated, which makes it a little easier. I've attached them for simplicity; if you would like the accompanying dialogue files just post or send me a message and I'll send them over ASAP.

Thanks! :D

Update: Russian, Spanish and Polish translations are in, and Kurokarasu is working on the French translation, but I believe we are still in need of a Chinese translation.

#2 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hello K'aeloree,

Did you try to contact Erszebeth for the french translation? I guess she's the best translator since she did Edwin Romance SoA & ToB.

#3 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

I've sent her an email, but her account hasn't been active since October 2007, so I'm not sure what the likelihood of catching her is. Hopefully she'll send a response soon, but if she doesn't send one within a few weeks, it'd be great if someone else could take a look at it. I'll post if/when she responds. :)

#4 Kurokarasu

Kurokarasu
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

I know I'm new here, but if Erszebeth doesn't answer, I could do the translation in French (my mother tongue). I have a good level at translating, but I have to warn you, K'aeloree : I am a full-time student, so it could take me a bit more time to translate than some others (even if I'll do my very best to deliver it in time for the release).

Edited by Kurokarasu, 15 October 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#5 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:33 PM

If your interested and still need it, I'd be pleased to do a Spanish translation.

:D

#6 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 01:38 PM

That would be fantastic, Yuwakusha! And Kurokarasu, I'd be honoured if you'd do a Chinese translation. My apologies for not replying sooner, I've been flat out!

#7 Kurokarasu

Kurokarasu
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:00 AM

Kurokarasu, I'd be honoured if you'd do a Chinese translation. My apologies for not replying sooner, I've been flat out!

Sorry for not replying sooner too, I've been really busy these past weeks... But, I'm sorry for another thing : I don't speak Chinese at all. I'm only talking French and English...

#8 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:39 PM

I'm sorry, I confused you with someone else :D I'd love if you could do a French translation; sorry for the mixup!

#9 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 01:55 PM

Hi, K'! I'm interested in translation from English to Russian. You need a Russian translation, right? But, since, I don't where to start, perhaps, you can navigate me? :D

#10 Kurokarasu

Kurokarasu
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

I'm glad to say yes to your offer, K'aeloree and you are totally forgiven for the mixup, as you say :P... I'll finish my first school semester very soon, so I'll be able to work a lot on it. Just tell me what you want me to do (because I don't know exactly how to proceed, just like Aliya said), the deadline and I'll proudly translate everybody's favorite Red Wizard.

My next question could be a bit off-topic, but I'll ask anyway since I may forget it later : I am member of another community, in French; am I allowed to ask somebody to proof-read my French translation or do you prefer to keep it "secret" until the release?

(don't worry, my French is WAAYYY much better than my English)

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 03:26 AM

TRA files attached. I'm no expert on translating, but I know there are some guides and suggestions around. Sorry I can't be of more help! Perhaps if a seasoned translator is lurking they could give some hints or tips?

As for proofreading, please feel free to get it checked out, that's no problem at all! Just let me know who checked it out so I can give them some credit.

Deadline would probably be late december--if it's not done by then, it's no problem; the next version will be released with or without translations, and we'll just update the package as they get finished! I don't want to put any pressure on anybody--of course, if we could have the translations by then it would be fantastic, but... :)

Attached Files

#12 Kurokarasu

Kurokarasu
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

Thanks! I'll begin right now, since my homeworks are almost done for the weekend. I searched for a translation tips, and found some (in French) at this place : The Copper Coronet.

Just another small question... How do we give you the work, when it will be done?

#13 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

It is a big file, to translate... But, I'll try... :D

Oh, and how should I know, where flirts begin, and where do they end?

Edited by Aliya, 30 November 2008 - 07:24 AM.

#14 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:13 PM

That's a difficult one; usually you would check the accompanying .d file, but with Edwin's flirts they .TRA is a bit out of order. If you're particularly confused you can do a search through the .d files for the appropriate @xx entry, so. :) I've attached the .d files.

As I was saying to Cykuta (who's actually the person doing the Chinese translation), there are duplicate entries in the files--but don't copy+paste the lot of them. Feel free to copy+paste text between tildes (~~), but make sure that the @xx references are intact, otherwise it will screw up the dialogue. It should save you some time to copy+paste, though, since there are quite a few duplicate entries!

Attached Files

#15 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:46 PM

So, we need to translate, and insert the text, like in .d file?

#16 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

Ah, okay--what you're doing is translating it as-is. So you don't change the code or anything, you're just translating the text in between the tildes (~~) in the .TRA files. Does that make more sense? :)

#17 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 01:16 PM

Riiight! I get it... :D

#18 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Here is one of the Edwin Spanish Files:

The other file shall be forthcoming very soon!
My sincerest apologies for taking so long with this, life has been a bitch. :D

Attached Files

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

No problem--thank you! I await the next one eagerly. :cheers:

#20 Yuwakusha

Yuwakusha
  • 84 posts