Latest news on the mod

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#101 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:47 PM

I am glad things have gone very well for this mod. :)

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#102 -Andrew-

-Andrew-

Posted 14 August 2004 - 03:08 PM

All I want to say is congratulations on all of the hard work you have done and everyone else who was involved with making this mod. I cant wait to play it!

#103 icelandismine

icelandismine

Support your 2nd Amendment rights!

• 280 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 05:50 PM

If we have the original Redemption installed, can we just install this over it?
"What's wrong with being a trigger-happy, nationalistic, meat-eatin' neo-con who likes to shoot things, shoot 'em dead?"
-Me

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton

#104 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

Nope -- which reminds me -- I need to put a 'ForbidComponent' check...

Folks -- the waiting period for public beta should be minimal now... but there are still bugs... and more will be reported yet by the beta testers. What is most important however -- the mod is now a complete product in the final stage of refining.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#105 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

I posted the Full Beta 1.0 Download in the Workroom today -- after 2 days of vigorous testing and fixing. With luck and beta testers help the mod will be released by September 1 st.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#106 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 20 August 2004 - 09:18 AM

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can barely wait.

#107 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

More fixes -- it looks like I can always find just one more thing to fix... Hmm, one day I should stop. Well, it is not going to be that long now, honest. One major issue has to be resolved yet... but thats about it.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#108 Aion

Aion

Soul Of Magma

• 505 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:43 AM

Very interesting.
I shall look forward to this Mod.
Keep up the good work, eh? ^_^

#109 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:03 AM

(waiting patiently) I can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!! Is it done yet? Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

Edited by dragonlord, 23 August 2004 - 06:04 AM.

#110 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:26 AM

Well, to be absolutely honest all that is holding the release right now is our (me and Neb's ) tinkering with a particular fight in the Deva quest... Maybe changing my nick to Xyx, Weimer or aVENGER will help... although I doubt it

I guess the sooner we realise we are no military and strategic geniuses the better it will be for the mod... It can happen any hour now so please keep checking this forum...

D.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#111 -dragonlord-

-dragonlord-

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

i was wondering, is there a mod that lets you become a harper B) :ph34r:

#112 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:35 PM

I think it would be wise to arrange all the screenshots available to one thread, currently they cannot be tracked easily.

PS.: sorry if such thread already exists, I haven't find it. -_-
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#113 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 12:49 PM

Also, it would be appreciated from you to add a thread where all of his special items can be seen - I wasn't able to find any reference that would lead to such a topic... :(
Posted Image

#114 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:36 PM

Inside Workroom - but you have seen it already.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#115 -That one guy that nobody knows-

-That one guy that nobody knows-

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:29 PM

Inside Workroom - but you have seen it already.

View Post

This is actually a really great mod. I've played for awhile now, and i'm surprised at the number of banters and intejections Irenicus has thrown in. Very impressive.

#116 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 15 December 2004 - 03:57 AM

A question dorotea: when do you plan to release the next build of LR, the one that includes the new/modified items and spells, just as the corrected command dialogue lines?
Posted Image

#117 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:02 AM

I try to avoid to look impatient, I haven't pushed this too much lately - but since you haven't replied to my last 2-4 posts about the extra additions (new spells, abilities, items, etc), I ask again:

Will you include these into the mod, or are they dropped for some reason?
Posted Image

#118 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:04 AM

TGM,

Questions with this tone are best reserved for the workroom rather then being aired here. I've spoken to Dorotea recently, as with you and I, she's tied up in real life.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#119 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:41 AM

Seif, as you can see, I've asked this question multiple times in the workroom already (since December or so) - without any sign of attention or response.
Back then I noticed the Dorotea was away, so I haven't pushed it too much, but lately I saw numerous appearances of her in this forum.
Posted Image

#120 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:07 PM

Guys, I alopogise... I am sorry that I cannot work on the technical aspects of the mod right now. It is not that I lost interest -- but I discovered that serious writing and serious coding cannot be sustained by the same person for a long time... Lets just say I burned out. I will be willing to give the initiative into the hands of another coder -- if there will be a person who is interested enough to work on the reshaping of the mod with my minimal intervention. I suppose I can do occasional writing of more dialogs -- but adding -- testing of new spells, items and bug fixing is at present time above my abilities. I might return to active coding in Spring.

TGM -- I am sorry and I love you and I apologize -- but BGA takes all my time and more!

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes