• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:19 PM

First of all, you guys did a great job! I mentioned it would be cool to play it on an Eee PC 1000 Series, using its native resolution, which is 1024x600.

Is it possible to patch the .exe to use the resolution of 1024x600, but have the art from the 1280x800 version? I mean if you upscale 1024x600, it gives 1280x750, which is close enough. Would the game work like this?

Worst case scenario is that I`ll see if I can do a 1024x600 version myself by studying the TP2 file. I doubt many people would really have use for it, but the furthest I got in the game was about 10% of it, and I`d really like to finish it once; now why am I playing it on an Eee PC, well, that`s not particularly relevant. :P

#2 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

First of all, you guys did a great job! I mentioned it would be cool to play it on an Eee PC 1000 Series, using its native resolution, which is 1024x600.

Is it possible to patch the .exe to use the resolution of 1024x600, but have the art from the 1280x800 version? I mean if you upscale 1024x600, it gives 1280x750, which is close enough. Would the game work like this?

Worst case scenario is that I`ll see if I can do a 1024x600 version myself by studying the TP2 file. I doubt many people would really have use for it, but the furthest I got in the game was about 10% of it, and I`d really like to finish it once; now why am I playing it on an Eee PC, well, that`s not particularly relevant. :P

i can generate you the necessary files, or give you the code that does that. But the graphics you'll have to edit yourself. Also it's in beta, so it's probably buggy here and there. (the code to make the chus/moses for any resolution)

Edited by taplonaplo, 08 October 2008 - 02:57 PM.

#3 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 03:33 PM

To make another complete version for the said resolution would be too much work for me now, as I have many other stuff to deal with, sorry khayman :)
Maybe in the future.
If you want to make these changes yourself , check the readme and the .tp2 file to learn more about what exactly this mod changes. You'll need to do a lot of .chu and .mos editing and also change the offsets in the .tp2 file. Taplonaplo's tool can do many of the changes on the fly , but you'll definitely need to some .mos editing for the UI and .bmp and .bam editing for some spell backgrounds and animations.

Anyway, playing this game in a 1024x600 rez in a 7 inch screen without a telescope will be very difficult, since I don't think you'll be able to easily read the vast amounts of text. Maybe you should try something closer to the original resolution of the game.

#4 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 05:26 AM

Thanks for the replies!

You might be right, I`ll have to try it in 800x600, as far as I know I can set it to have two black bars on either side so it won`t stretch (I hate stretching).