Photo

Who's your favourite drow?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Who's your favourite drow? And why? (60 member(s) have cast votes)

Listed. Roll down

1. Solaufein? (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

2. Phaere? (5 votes [8.20%])

Percentage of vote: 8.20%

3. Drizzt? (10 votes [16.39%])

Percentage of vote: 16.39%

4. Viconia? (27 votes [44.26%])

Percentage of vote: 44.26%

5. I don't like drow at all. (9 votes [14.75%])

Percentage of vote: 14.75%

6. The drow? (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 07:45 PM

I voted for Drizzt (but the avatar should have told you that :)) . I guess it's in my nature to go for the good guys, plus Salvatore is an awesomely talented author.

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#22 GeN1e

GeN1e

A very GAR character

• Modder
  • 1604 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 09:38 PM

2 Scipio
Seeing "no romance" when the readme states (at least suggests) otherwise and there is you-know-what in the mod is what makes me angry. And reviewers are bad too.
Sorry if I've offended you personally, I didn't mean it :(

Retired from modding.

#23 Scipio

Scipio

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

• 1790 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

2 Scipio
Seeing "no romance" when the readme states (at least suggests) otherwise and there is you-know-what in the mod is what makes me angry. And reviewers are bad too.
Sorry if I've offended you personally, I didn't mean it :(

Please, you didn't offend me! I was merely mystified. It is I who should apologise to you and everyone else who was hoping for surprises which I may have spoilt. I will try not to do it again. I usually read whatever I can about any mod before I run it.

You may all give me a digital slap on the earhole. The echoing noise from the cavity where my brain used to be may amuse you. As for you, GeN1e, buy Diablo III as soon as it comes out and PM me any spoilers you like. Now I feel as guilty as those people who tell you how a movie ends before you've seen it. Aargh.
I did battle with monsters, and they became me, and when I gazed into the abyss, the abyss looked away shyly.
See, it helps not to believe all the stuff that philosophers spout.

#24 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:02 PM

Solaufein. I really liked the guy in original game, and mod was interesting (if only that quest-battles weren't that massacring).
Close second place belongs to Viconia. I've always concerned har as a brave and loyal companion, though she didn't wanted to admit this. Besides imho her romance is the most interesting of all romances for male protagonists.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#25 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

Solaufein, because when I first played the game it was nice to see a, sort of, friendly face in a city where everyone want to kill you. Viconia is right behind him because of her interesting character. Her friendship mod is a must on my computer.

And then there's that drow with a funny hat but we'll not go there.
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#26 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:07 AM

Hehe. It seems, what girls vote for Solaufein, and men vote for Viconia. :P

#27 Jenne

Jenne

Assault of The Mighty Feet is coming, beware!

• 85 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 05:46 AM

Well, I'm an exception :) Viccy is a must for every runthrough. And with the Viconia friendship mod, she's a dearie :wub:

And I'm a girl, yes :)

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

My personal blog - in Czech. You've been warned.
My DA account, although it isn't tended too much.

Posted Image

#28 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 06:23 AM

I'm a girl, and out of those options I voted Phaere.

(although really, it's Jarlaxle.)

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#29 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 07:47 AM

Well, I voted for Viccy over Solaufein and I'm gay. Personality first, yes? :P

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#30 MrToughGuy

MrToughGuy
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 09:13 AM

There is a semi-romance in the Yasraena mod. Spoilers ahoy!
You can take an interest in her, ogle her a few times, make a few suggestive comments. She leads you on in it (or is just oblivious to your intentions), but then you have to back down, or she shoots you down, once you both realize that she's head-over-heels for Divalir. Another piss-off about that mod is if you're simultaneously romancing Viccy, she'll tell you to bugger off as well, as she won't play second-banana to Yasraena. :angry:

Edited by MrToughGuy, 17 October 2008 - 09:18 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Vicen

Vicen

Swooping...is bad....

• 477 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

Hmmm I guess Phaere...Who else can you boogy with then choose the correct words later and have no recourse with your true love?

Check out my gaming oriented Youtube channel >>> https://www.youtube....er/viceiceman85

#32 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:28 AM

Depends mostly on whether or not you're playing with Romantic Encounters installed or not. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#33 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:53 PM

Not really.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#34 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:17 PM

Well, not really... I'm a girl, and I voted for Drizzt. Not a big fan of neither Viccy nor Solaufein.
I voted for Drizzt, but I guess my favorite drow really are Jarlaxle, as well as Pharaun Mizzrym and Ryld Argith from the War of the Spider Queen.

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#35 Mike1072

Mike1072
  • Modder
  • 539 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 10:47 PM

Well, not really... I'm a girl, and I voted for Drizzt. Not a big fan of neither Viccy nor Solaufein.
I voted for Drizzt, but I guess my favorite drow really are Jarlaxle, as well as Pharaun Mizzrym and Ryld Argith from the War of the Spider Queen.

Yes, an 'other' option would have been great.

I can't actually decide at the moment, but Jarlaxle is up there. Pharaun(?) was pretty cool... Liriel's sort of interesting... I'd like to read more about them, anyway. Some of evil(er) ones are interesting as well, but I'm not too fond of the crazies.

#36 Undead_Phoenix

Undead_Phoenix
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 04:31 AM

The only good drow, is a dead drow.

Spoiler
:rolleyes:

But from the game, my favourite would have to be Jarlaxe: how many others could play you for a fool and still manage to get away with it.

No rest for the wicked.

#37 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 06:00 AM

Well, my actual favourite drow is Faeryl Zauvirr from War of the Spider Queen. At least in the first book,. The author of the second really didn't seem to like her at all - one of the most blatant examples of character assassination I've ever seen (honestly, every mention of her may as well have been replaced with "Fat, ugly, stupid b**ch whined again). And then gave her a really undeserved and unpleasant end. I have many, many issues with that series. Pity, as is stared so well.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#38 Neferit

Neferit

In the name of Gaider, we fight!

• 414 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 10:27 AM

Solaufein. Liked him in the original game, liked him in the mod. I have seen the sunset...
Heck no, b - I used the word the way I use things like "twitter", and "iPod" - my first inclination is to ask "what birdcall are you studying?" and I think of "I pod, You (singular) pod, He pods, She pods, They pod, You (plural) pod, We pod..."

Writings ►☼◄ Visual Shiny Pretties ►☼◄ Another Writings

►☼◄

You think you still have some brain in your head?

►☼◄►☼◄

#39 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 12:06 PM

Drizzit and Yasraena

#40 Anaximander

Anaximander
  • 55 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:51 AM

Viconia, of course. My Bhaalspawn likes to say that he's won more scars in her bedchamber than he has on the battle field. :whistling:
You have defeated The Purpose!!!
Experience gained: 50000
Gold gained: 1000
You gain a level!!!