Photo

Cinematics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Katylar

Katylar
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Well, as my Topic Description suggests, my cinematics, including the Black Isle intro play at the upper right hand corner of a black screen.

It's a shame, really, since everything else about this mod is excellent- the added graphics are superb and are placed beautifully within the game. In fact, I would say that PS:T with the Widescreen mod and the 1280x800 UI mod is probably how PS:T should be played. The breathtaking beauty of the maps in a higher resolution only reinforce the conclusion that the original designers meant to make a game with this res from the start.

I have a 2CD PS:T with a copied cd2 directory and a noCD crack, since my laptop doesn't have an optic drive. At first, I installed the entire game first, including the noCD patch, then your mod. It made my game a lot better, but the movies always ended up in the upper right corner... everything else is centered. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled everything, making sure to apply the mods first before applying the noCD crack. Now, the result is that of my movies playing in the center-left side of my black screen.

I haven't found cinematics as one of the features of this mod, so I'm guessing that this is still a problem to be solved by the next release, but I posted just to make sure.

By the way, when I install the Widescreen mod, there are no problems, but when i install the 1280x800 UI mod, the app says that there are warnings during the installation of the core files.

Any comments?

Thanks.

#2 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 01:42 AM

Well, mine is wierder, the only issue I have had with WSM is that they play left-centre.

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#3 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:51 AM

WRITE_SHORT "0x003f1c0"
icen how does this line look like in your setup tp2?The right value should be 960, my setup might not be the most up to date but 1280 should align it to right not left so it's probably unrelated.

Edited by taplonaplo, 29 October 2008 - 07:00 AM.

#4 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:58 AM

I've spotted the problem with the cinematics, it was a wrong offset. I'll upload a new version of the mod shortly.

If you want you can change the offset yourselves:
-Uninstall the mod and then open the Setup-PST-1280x768-UI.tp2 with a text editor.
-Search for WRITE_SHORT "0x003f1c0" and change "1280" to "960"
-Install again and it should be fine.

edit: tap was faster :)

Edited by ghostdog, 31 October 2008 - 08:48 AM.

#5 Icendoan

Icendoan

"An Infinite Deal of Nothing"

• 1723 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

I would tell you, if I had my TP2 with me, because I am away from my PC, which means no GW, PS:T or BG. :(

Icen
Proud member of the 'I HATE Elminster!' Club!

Mods in development: Keeping Yoshimo

#6 taplonaplo

taplonaplo
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 09:50 AM

I would tell you, if I had my TP2 with me, because I am away from my PC, which means no GW, PS:T or BG. :(

Icen

no need to anymore, as it was faulty in the new version indeed, so just follow ghosts instructon and see if it works.

Edited by taplonaplo, 29 October 2008 - 09:51 AM.