Entire installation instructions for the Baldur?s Gate Mega-Mod
The BiG World Project aims to merge all games of the Baldur's Gate series and the additional contents created by its community in one massive adventure, including a modification of BG1 to run BG1 with the more modern engine of BG2, plus the added functionality of ToB expansion. Now all new functions which are introduced only with BG2 are also available for BG1. This signifies, BG1 uses just like BG2 the same graphic arts, the same character kits, the same magic and the same rules. Now even for those which know BG1 by heart this is a new play experience. Besides, it also includes an additional transition from BG1 to BG2.
BiG World Project is constantly going through changes to acquire a more stable and bug free version with every new update.
The current instructions are divided into two versions:
1. BiG World version:
Herewith are mods installed recommended by the majority of the testers. The installation is aimed to the greatest possible play pleasure. Mods with few contents, with absurd degree of difficulty or bugged mods are not installed. The used mods are supported furthermore by the authors. The BWP team concentrates upon the farther improvement of this installation.
2. Expert version:
This installation tries to fathom the feasible. You have a 100% chance of running into bugs and/or CTDs (crash to desktop) and it has quietly a long way to go before reaching perfection (if it ever wants). The relevant mods are greyed out in the instructions and are only installed if you remove the detent before.
This project is in development. Beginners should keep absolutely to the instructions, while experienced players with some efforts, tests and bugfixing can also create their own version of the BiG World.
We are glad about every suggestion and every criticism which serves to improve the BiG World Project. The BiG World Project Team is available for you at any time in the forums.
For German gamers you can visit our German forum.
Here you get all what you need for a megamod installation (click me).
- BiG World PDF-Manual (in Englisch and German)
- BiG World Installpack (for an easy installation)
- BiG World Fixpack (fixes bugs in mods)
- BiG World Textpack (for foreign languages (currently German only))
For news please look here at post #153: http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=427032
Step by Step Instructions
- Make a full installation of BG1 and Tales of the Sword Coast
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToSC patch v5512
- Start BG1, make your settings, create a character and make a quicksave with Q in Candlekeep
- Make a full installation of BG2 and Throne of Bhaal
- Patch it with BioWare?s official ToB patch v26498
- Start BG2 and ToB, make your settings, create a character and after the autosave quit the game
For English users: Download and extract the BW Installpack and the BW Fixpack into your BG2 main directory
For German users: Download and extract the BW Installpack, BW Fixpack and BW Textpack into your BG2 main directory
- Create a separate folder and name it like ?BW Downloads?
- Download the mods you want to use into the separate folder (you can use the BiG World Linklist for that)
- Extract all mods into the BG2 main directory (we recommend 7-Zip for extracting the mods)
- Some mods are packed differently, so see the additional informations in our BiG World Linklist
- Disconnect the internet and disable all antivir software/firewalls
- Start the ?BiG World Install v5.5.2.bat? and follow the on-screen instructions
- Play your megamod.
Note: Always make a Backup of your BG2 game files and a clean install for every new installation. More information about that you can get here.
New in v5.5.2:
The English and the German guide were updated:
- The older unbalanced Spell-50 mod moved to the Expert-Version, because of the newer balanced Spell Revisions
- SCS component [Allow player to choose NPC proficiencies and skills] moved to the Expert-Version,
because of gamer decisions
- SCS components [Smarter Mages] and [Smarter Priests] are not installed anymore, because of bugs
- SCS component [Potions for NPCs] is not installed anymore, because of bugs
The "BiG World Installpack" were updated:
- "BiG World Install.bat" were corrected and improved (last updated 20th November)
- The "TP1-Check" is skipped by an English installation
- No more interruptions during the installation by "Stuff of the Magi", "BG2 Tweak Pack" and "BP-BGT Worldmap"
- "BiG World Installpack read me" has new improved informations
- "BiG World Post-Install.bat" were improved
The "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.5" were updated:
- White Agnus extended Halfenfix for BG1UB
- White Agnus corrected diary quest entry for BG1UB
- White Agnus Coran's Quest Fix for BGT
- Steves BP Fixes
- Steves combined BP Fixes
- Leonardos corrected NEJ Fixes
- Taimons Hofixes for SCSI
- Taimons Quickfix of the tdr8b for SCSII
The "BiG World Fixpack v6.0.4" were updated:
- Included patches were corrected and improved
- Now, the Install.bat installs Hoppys Yeti/Drider fix
- Breagar und die Schlangen Abbathors v3.3
New in v5.5.1:
Corrections and updates:
- updated manual
- improved BW Install.bat
- corrected BW Fixpack
- Breagar und die Schlangen Abbathors v3.2
- BGT NSC Portraits v1.3
New in v5.5:
Corrections and updates:
- updated manual
- completely revised BW Install.bat
- new fixes added in the BW Fixpack
- re-arranged BW Textpack
- new Smoothpack
- includes the Post-Install.bat again
- One Pixel Productions v2.61
- BGT v1.07 WIP-08-09-28
- BG1 Mini Quests and Encounters v4.1
- Lure of the Sirine's Call v8
- Thalantyr Item Upgrade v3.3
- Xan's friendship path for BG1 v5
- Ajantis BG1 Expansion v2.1
- Breagar und die Schlangen Abbathors v3.01
- Sword Coast Stratagems v9
- Assassinations v3
- Rolles v3
- Xan for BG2 v8
- Thael v2.3
- Kim v1.57
- The Slithering Menace (Snakes) v3.3
- Quallo v1.1
- Shards of Ice v4
- Rogue ReBalancing by aVENGER v4
Added new mods:
- Stone of Askavar v1.3
- PnP Free Action (Beta 1)
- Experience Corrections v1
- Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures v2
Greetings Leonardo Watson and Leomar
Edited by Leomar, 26 December 2008 - 11:31 AM.