Sword Coast Stratagems 1+2 Compatibility

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 -Dirty Uncle Bertie-

-Dirty Uncle Bertie-

Posted 02 November 2008 - 08:30 AM

Firstly, congrats on v4 of the mod! This is my first time trying any version of the mod, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

I am very confused about your comments regarding compatibility with Sword Coast Stratagems and Sword Coast Stratagems II. I was under the impression that the two are very similar, except that one's for BG1 and the other's for BG2. If that is the case, why does one go before RR and the other after?

I should point out that I'll be using EasyTutu to play BG1 + TotSC, not BGT. Like I said, according to your compatability guide, I should have the following installation order:

BG1 + TotSC (EasyTutu)
Sword Coast Stratagems
Rogue Rebalancing

BG2 + ToB
Rogue Rebalancing
Sword Coast Stratagems II

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

The comment is for BGT, not Tutu, dah.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 02 November 2008 - 09:55 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:47 PM

Firstly, congrats on v4 of the mod! This is my first time trying any version of the mod, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

Thanks! :) Since this is your first time using Rogue Rebalancing, it might be a good idea to familiarize yourself with RR's documentation.

I am very confused about your comments regarding compatibility with Sword Coast Stratagems and Sword Coast Stratagems II. I was under the impression that the two are very similar, except that one's for BG1 and the other's for BG2. If that is the case, why does one go before RR and the other after?

See here.

In short, it's safe to install SCS v9 after Rogue Rebalancing when using EasyTutu.

#4 -D. U. Bertie-

-D. U. Bertie-

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:07 PM

Thanks, aVENGER. I've just finished reading through the complete documentation.

I've been trying to do too many things at once and missed that thread, otherwise I wouldn't have started this topic. I appreciate your help and your patience.

#5 -Dirty Uncle Bertie-

-Dirty Uncle Bertie-

Posted 06 November 2008 - 03:00 PM

Hi. I have one query regarding the Thief kit revisions - Swashbuckler part, to do with this line:

"...nor benefit from items which increase the backstab multiplier"

That says to me that the revised Short Sword of Backstabbing will give no benefit to the Swashbuckler, because it is an item that increases the backstab multiplier. Is this true? Will they get neither the +2 THAC0 bonus granted to thieves or the +3 THAC0 bonus i.e. the benefits provided by the sword? Or do you actually mean:

"...nor benefit from an increase to the backstab multiplier provided by an item"

I'm hoping it's the latter. If so, maybe the readme could be updated so it's clear.

Thanks again.

#6 aVENGER

aVENGER
  • Modder
  • 1680 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:08 PM

It's the latter.

In RR, Swashbucklers don't benefit from the increase to the backstab multiplier provided by items (or by any other source) but they will properly receive all the other bonuses that such items may confer. I'll update the readme to clarify this when I get the chance.

Edited by aVENGER, 06 November 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#7 -Dirty Uncle Bertie-

-Dirty Uncle Bertie-

Posted 10 November 2008 - 08:34 AM

Okay, thanks.