Photo

Assuming TNO is a Mage, what physical stats should be bumped?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

I have my CHA at 19, WIS at about 22, and my INT at 19 (with a tattoo).

That's about as high as I think I'll need my mental stats to ever go. What physical stats should be raised now?

Bumping STR might allow me to skip from STR 18 to 19 later without going through those annoying exceptional STR fractions.

Bumping DEX will help with AC, but TNO is rarely in combat (and when he is, it's after the real Fighters are already targeted). I don't use the Thief class at all anymore.

Bumping CON will help with regeneration, but I've got a long way to go before it will help with more HP. Besides, TNO is immortal!

What stat is best to bump for me now? Do I need anymore in my mental stats?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#2 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:39 PM

I'd suggest going straight for a 25 in Cha, Int and Wis. First take Int to 22, then your choice of Wis or Cha to 22, then the last one to 22, and then try making all of them 25. Strength adds damage, THAC0 and carrying capacity; none of which you really need as a mage. Higher AC is nice, but you should be able to protect yourself via spells. Same goes for constitution some of the way.

I'd max out the mental stats, and when that's done, I'd go for your own choice of Dex or Con. I personally like Con in PS:T. Strength is more or less futile, unless there's a weapon you'd really like to wield that demands a certain strength-score.

Edited by Grunker, 11 November 2008 - 02:41 PM.

"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee

#3 the bigg

the bigg

2083 is a prime number.

• Modder
  • 3331 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 02:47 PM

First, start with !* WIS, get the +3 WIS tattoo and use the first 4 skill points to get 22 WIS (25 with tattoo) for maximum Exp gain as soon as possible (Once you get the WIS bonuses later in the game you can free your arm for another tattoo). After that, 22 INT&CHA sound fine (more than that is good but you don't lose mechanical bonuses IIRC). After that, I'd go with CON (regeneration helps a mage more than AC or strength IMHO).

Italian users: help test the Stivan NPC!

Author or Co-Author: WeiDU - Widescreen - Generalized Biffing - Refinements - TB#Tweaks - IWD2Tweaks - TB#Characters - Traify Tool - Some mods that I won't mention in public
Maintainer: Semi-Multi Clerics - Nalia Mod - Nvidia Fix
Code dumps: Detect custom secondary types - Stutter Investigator

If possible, send diffs, translations and other contributions using Git.

#4 Grunker

Grunker

Prince Charming

• 1240 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 04:34 PM

First, start with !* WIS, get the +3 WIS tattoo and use the first 4 skill points to get 22 WIS (25 with tattoo) for maximum Exp gain as soon as possible (Once you get the WIS bonuses later in the game you can free your arm for another tattoo). After that, 22 INT&CHA sound fine (more than that is good but you don't lose mechanical bonuses IIRC). After that, I'd go with CON (regeneration helps a mage more than AC or strength IMHO).

You do lose some mechanical bonuses (spell immunity i think, maybe only in BG?). But the important thing with maxing WIS, INT and CHA isn't the mechanical part ;)
"I've heard people complain that the game [the new Prince of Persia] is too easy, which seems odd to me, since I died more times than The Nameless One in a smoothie-maker."

- Yahtzee