Questions Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melkor

Melkor

He Who Lurks

• 105 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:14 AM

I need to have something set up where if the right dialog is taken (good deed) it will change an NPCs alignment from NE to TN. From what I;ve seen it could be done with a ReallyForcedSpell? I looked at some examples and one I found in the Hell trials of where you get a Strength increase.

ReallyForceSpell(Player1,HELL_GAIN_STR)
Sure something like this could be done with an alignment. I also looked through the spells and found nothing for the above code so I could see how it worked. ;)

Also something along the same lines as the above is there a way to have a check in the dialog to see what alignment this NPC is? It would not make any sense if she chose the good path thus changing her alignment, and have her banter her evil dialogs. I plan on making dialogs for evil conversations and born again convos.
Chosen of Mystra Mod Forums Home to great BG and IWD mods
The Frozen North Forums IWD, NWN, KotOR discussion

#2 Caswallon

Caswallon

Telvanni Archmagister

• 284 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:28 AM

Changing alignment:
Create a custom spell with effect 57 (39h): Change Alignment, and then apply it to your NPC by ReallyForceSpellRES("MySpell",Target).

#3 -Sim-

-Sim-

Posted 23 July 2003 - 04:40 AM

Or just use the ChangeAlignment(O:Object*,I:Value*Align) action.

There's also an Alignment(O:Object*,I:Alignment*Align) trigger, which can be used in dialog.

#4 Avenger_teambg

Avenger_teambg
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:03 AM

I would use applyspellres + custom spell.
If you use the changealignment action, it will change the base unmodified alignment.
If there are forced alignment changes in the game done by an effect those will override your change.
Avenger