• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:01 AM

The 1.0 version is released!

The mod has been renamed from "Widescreen UI mod" to "GhosDog's PST UI mod" since now it also supports the 1280x1024 resolution. The renaming madness ends here :)
Apart from the new resolution. the other important addition is that now you have the option of using 2 new bigger fonts if your monitor is not big enough for the in-game text to show clearly. Check the pinned threads and the readme for more details.

Any feedback and bug reports should be posted here.

:cheers:

Edited by ghostdog, 24 May 2009 - 06:52 AM.

#2 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:55 AM

The initial version had a typo that produced an error in the x768 installation, the fixed archive has been uploaded.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:37 AM

The initial version had a typo that produced an error in the x768 installation, the fixed archive has been uploaded.

Hurrah! Bravisimo! Superbement!
Now we are waiting for 4:3 version :))

#4 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 05:17 AM

Now we are waiting for 4:3 version :)

I don't think I'll make an actual 4:3 version, 1280x1024 is the closest you'll get to 4:3 ;)

#5 bushmills

bushmills
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:36 AM

Big Thx Ghostdog,

i installed it on my computer and really it runs at 1280x1024... wow that is so great... i wish today were friday evening.. for long time playing... GREAT THX.

#6 rtr86

rtr86
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:31 AM

Well done Ghostdog, been waiting for your 1280x1024res for awhile, looks great. I'm going to hold off playing for a bit longer though (which is really hard) and wait for the new fixpack etc. and have a big planescape session.

#7 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:25 AM

Ok *finally* after much grief I managed to upload the corrected version. The initial upload had a typo that produced a bug with the 1280x768 installation. The corrected version has also a more streamlined bigger font.

Those that have the initial version and don't want to download again the mod can simply do this:

GO to : "GhostDog's-PST-UI\TPH\" and open the "UI_files_x768.tph" file with a text editor
if you have this:
// .MOS Files (UI Backgrounds) (21 files)
COPY ~GhostDog's-PST-UI.tp2/UI_files/MOS_(UI_Backgrounds)~ ~override~
change it to be this:
// .MOS Files (UI Backgrounds) (21 files)
COPY ~GhostDog's-PST-UI/UI_files/MOS_(UI_Backgrounds)~ ~override~

Edited by ghostdog, 30 November 2008 - 07:26 AM.

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 December 2008 - 03:47 PM

It doesn`t support Russian language though...if u try to enable bigger fonts, it just shows some rubbish(only in dialogs), which looks like brocken cyrilic encoding...;( sad....You said all languages support.

#9 -ctever-

-ctever-

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:11 PM

It doesn`t support Russian language though...if u try to enable bigger fonts, it just shows some rubbish(only in dialogs), which looks like brocken cyrilic encoding...;( sad....You said all languages support.

There are no cyrilic letters at all in original fonts, 'cause all cyrilic fonts were made by Fargus & etc...
Friendly advice - use english version instead, all russian translations of Torment are crap!

#10 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:43 AM

Yes unfortunately the bigger fonts are only for the English version, I should have said that in the readme. You should choose the first option and not change the fonts if you have a non-English language version.

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:46 AM

I`ve figured it out in 4 attempts)) Just wonder if there is an easy and fast way to change font size in that bam file?

#12 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 11:54 AM

Just wonder if there is an easy and fast way to change font size in that bam file?

Unfortunately no (as far as I know at least), you'll have to use BAMWorkshopII and edit each symbol one by one. check here for more details : http://www.shsforums...pic=37750&st=20

#13 -Tyr Vedra-

-Tyr Vedra-

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:16 AM

Hey there Ghostdog - I'm LOVING your UI pack! Fantastic work!

Just thought I'd attempt a few suggestions to the "wishlist" for whenever you release the next version. This is concerning the dialog UI, seeing dialog is king in PST - as we well know. ;)

1) I'm finding the darker/more-colorful background quite distracting for reading the huge streams of text, and much prefer the slightly-blurred/colorless look of the original background - I wonder if you could make this an *option*? Looking at it this way: Most everything else you have done adds NEW art to fill the gaps in the widescreen mod, but the dialog background is REPLACING art that, for my mind, looked better before. In my research I noticed there are optional "rusty UI bars" for The Vanished Ones 1024x768 UI mod, which is a perfect example, except I prefer your 1280x800 UI. If not bundling it with the mod, I wonder if you could likewise provide the relevant file with the *original* background color as an alternate download? (WMMOSDP.MOS - I believe is the file in question)

2) Similar again to 1024x768 UI mod, I wonder if you could have an option to make the text box window itself (not necessarily the background) more narrow, say like the original 640 pixels wide? The problem again being in reading the lengthy streams of text, where my eyes have to wrap around to the next line (1280 pixels in the opposite direction) without losing my place in the sentence. In short, smaller blocks of text are much easier to read. Hard to describe but I hope you know what I mean, just try maximizing your browser window and reading these paragraphs. ;)

... 3) Merely as a result of #2, ideally if the text window is somewhere around 640-800 wide, I wonder if it can perhaps be centered (more or less) in the middle of the background? No need to make the background itself match the text position, but just for aesthetic purposes if the text might look better centered, rather than to one half. Either way I think it would *read* better if narrow.

That about covers it. I tend to think providing such things as an option to the player (either during install or as alternate small download) would help so that each person can have their own preferences. These tweaks would make your mod PERFECT in my opinion - though it is already a fantastic piece of work. Many thanks to you and the other mod'rs!

:cheers:

Cheers,
TV

#14 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the feedback Tyr :)

1&2 : I don't think I'll make this an installation option, but I will include in my next UI the dialog box files with the original background and text length for anyone who wants to use them.
3. Actually this is a good idea. It is possible to center the dialog and I think I'll make this a feature in the next version.

Anyway, I've uploaded here the files with the original backround and 640 pixels text length (centered), for you and anyone else that would want to use them right now. Extract the WMMOSDP.mos and the guiworld.chu that corresponds to your installed resolution, into the override folder. The WMMOSDP.mos is the background image with the original color and the guiworld.chu is the file that controls the text placement/width.

Attached Files

Edited by ghostdog, 11 January 2009 - 08:19 AM.

#15 -Tyr Vedra-

-Tyr Vedra-

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

That is AWESOME ghostdog - many thanks! I played with it a bit and I much prefer it like this with the text narrow and centered - besides the world view centers on the talking character, so should the text.

Just one tiny bit of fine-tuning needed - the text overlaps the scrollbar by about one letter, making the scrollbar flicker and even disappear, though can still click the buttons and it reappears. Probably just need to modify a number.

Speaking of the scrollbar while I'm suggesting stuff :) - I wonder if you could make better buttons? The original ones have a black edge around them that sticks out from the background.

Anyways, great work and thanks for the response!

#16 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

I believe I've fixed the scrollbar overlapping. I've re-uploaded the updated archive in the previous post.
I'll make some more tweaks to the dialog box in the new version.

#17 -Tyr Vedra-

-Tyr Vedra-

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:56 PM

Cheers, that did the trick! I'm enjoying this game all over again! :)

#18 Lord of Al

Lord of Al
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:52 AM

One of the best mods I've ever had the pleasure of using, and not simply because it was sorely needed, also because its expertly done, a lot of creativity and work has gone into it, so that its unobtrusive and very casual looking, extremely professional, a masterpiece if i could so label it, and i will.
My! What an interesting turn of phrase.

#19 -Das-

-Das-

Posted 12 February 2009 - 08:01 AM

I'm very interested in trying your mod.

However, Avira is telling me that there is the TR/Agent.blgg Trojan in the exe. Anyone else getting this?

~ Das

#20 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:09 AM

This is the first time I heared about something like this, the uploaded archive is definitely clean and no one has reported any king of virus problems.

After some search it seems that there have been some similar reports about certain antivirus giving warnings with weidu mods. This is happening with the latest weidu version that seems to have some code that certain antiviruses mistake for being malicious. I found a report about avira reporting the same trojan in another weidu mod in this thread: http://www.shsforums...mp;#entry436612

If you downloaded the mod from this site, I think you can safely ignore the warning and install it.

Edited by ghostdog, 12 February 2009 - 11:09 AM.