• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:58 PM

Offering: Voicing, Dialog Writing, Ideas
Not Offering: Coding help, my sexy body
Contact Me: Via Email On second thought, you are more likely to get a response by PMin' me.
Sample: Laugh and die :hug:
Irbis Asked: El Linkio Maximo

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 27 November 2008 - 03:50 AM.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 10:41 PM

Could you please edit the title of the topic to accurately reflect your intentions, thanks? Something like "Offering voicing, dialogue writing, ideas" would probably be more apt, and attract more attention. :)

#3 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

...also, it would be helpful if you told us what your voice sounds like. <_<

#4 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:31 AM

I do up a quick bunchosounds asap

EDIT: Done. In main post.

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 27 November 2008 - 01:19 AM.

#5 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:19 AM

Hmm... your voice DO have some potential. but i think i need to wait till your voice mutation will end (in 2 or 4 years.) to judge anything. few advices, when you lower your voice (like whispering) try to keep your lips closer to the microphone. you can always lower the volume by softwere but at the same time making it louder make the quality suffer. also - what recording program you are using? i would recommend Audacity, its very user-friendly and when you get along with the program you can do wonder as it has many intresting option to modify and change the recorded sound. also it can automaticly save your effords in mp3 format.

and can you record some more samples? to make your task easer, please record something like this:

"Hello stranger! i am looking for master Tolgias. do you know him?" rather easygoing, bard-like voice
"S-so you came here to k-ki-kiill me..??" scared voice, coward-type person
"You have come to met your doom, mortal" undead chara, grave-cold voice
"You seek knowledge, but it will cost you" aristocratic wizard, a bit full of himself
"YOU!!! i sweared i will take my revange on you one day. and THIS day is TODAY" this guy is kind a angry lol, revange fury and all that.

raw voice is just the base, what you can do with it is as importand. use requested sentences to fill your portfollio. the sample you have recorded is insufficient and it doesnt show much of your voicing abilities.

Edited by Irbis, 27 November 2008 - 02:25 AM.

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#6 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:27 AM

Thank you. Gotta hate puberty ^_^

I'm using Windows Vista Recorder, and my Mike is my Laptop :D

I'll have a crack at those, and upload them in a few minutes.

EDIT: Done. In the main post, under Irbis Asked.

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 27 November 2008 - 03:35 AM.

#7 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 29 November 2008 - 10:37 PM

Ithilian, I just sent you a PM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#8 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 07:32 PM

And I recieved. I have modified my (natural) voice slightly to fit the role. the quality will be crap, so its up to you to edit it to your liking.

#9 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:25 PM

Ithilian, if the quality is poor I won't use it. I hate to waste yours and my time. Can you record the first 2 sounds only and PM them to me? if the quality is too hard to work with it means I can know immediately without wasting too much of anyone's time. thank you. For Classic Adventures I really care about the quality, I really hate wasting anyone's time. If the quality is poor and you know it will be poor please tell me and I can look for help elsewhere. Thank you!.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#10 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:24 AM

Very well. I'm unable to do it, although you should know there are programs out there that will allow you to edit the quality (Audacity). That was what I was talking about when I said "Edit to your liking."

I don't have a clue how to use it, however ^_^

#11 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:53 AM

You can't actually change the quality of a clip--if the quality is bad, the quality is bad. You can try to reduce noise levels, but other than that...

#12 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

S%!&. Can I remove that annoying static buzz in the background?

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:58 AM

That's called "noise" -- there are ways, but you can't get rid of it completely without making your clip sound very tinny.

#14 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:16 AM

Poo. Looks like I'll have to buy that $2 mike after all...

#15 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 07:30 AM

Poo. Looks like I'll have to buy that $2 mike after all...

lol guys. idk what microphone you are using but if you put on microphone something sponge - like will reduce that noise effect. using higher freq. will help also. and try to record in more then 16-bit. i always try in 32. ofcourse with better quality the size grow.
this is "Cow in the meddow" Low Quality. only 8000 freq. , 16-bit, microphone without that spooge.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/hzgesy

same "Cow" but in High Quality. this time 98 000, 32bt float, with spooge.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/evy0fr

bear in mind that this is recorded on the most sucky microphone ever haha.
do you notice the diffrence?

fast btw: any sound used in any game is "played" by ingame device. this device makes the sound - sounds a bit diffrent. i belive much of the "noise" will disapear. but try listen inside game. i rememebr when modding Gothic 1 - any sounds would be twisted, so even the breathing was unhearble when added. dont know how this works in IE game

Edited by Irbis, 01 December 2008 - 07:35 AM.

#16 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Your awesome ^_^

#17 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

not really =) just voice acting from 3 years,. but i suck in english speaking lol. not my native. shame you dont live in Poland, you could use recording studio in which i am working. really - when you record stuff on professional recording equipment wourth 20k euros the diffrence in quality is like being hit by a truck. Also the staff working there really do wonders with your voice (you think HOW Maddona still sing like this for over 30 years lol)

Edited by Irbis, 01 December 2008 - 03:24 PM.

#18 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:17 PM

I lol'd. :ROFL:

#19 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:20 PM

no shit, this guys could make you sing like Pavarotti or Andrea Boccieli.....or Michael Jackson rotfl (.. you smoth criminal. Uh! )

Edited by Irbis, 01 December 2008 - 04:20 PM.

#20 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 04:50 PM

Too far :(