Hisyune [Deceased]

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#1 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

Let's try this again... I'll be going for something a little more neutral, and a little less ambitious. :)

Hisyune looks just like any other human girl, though an ordinary human girl she is not. Actually, she is a construct, a humanoid machine assembled by a brilliant inventor and wizard from Waterdeep. He developed her to be the perfect combat machine, and might be willing to part with her in exchange for the right price (to support his future inventions).

Are machines truly better than flesh? Yes, they can perform feats that ordinary mortals cannot, however they are far from being flawless, having been created by human hands in the first place. This particular model is the third in its series and is quite effective in battle.

It comes with a social handicap, however... in its current state, it is unable to display a wide variety of emotion (usually limited to being puzzled and slightly confused), and may very well lack empathy or tact required in certain situations. There is good news, however. This number three construct is the first self-updating model, meaning it can learn from its experiences and develop new skills and abilities in general.

Hisyune is extremely loyal to her owner, and will do whatever is required of her. At times she may indicate not understanding the purpose or the meaning of something. The owner may decide what to say or do at such a time. She is very naive and will likely accept anything her owner tells her as the truth, though further explanation may be required.

Technical details

Posted Image

Female
Human
Construct (Fighter kit)
True Neutral

Stats

Strength - 17
Dexterity - 13
Constitution - 16
Intelligence - 12
Wisdom - 8
Charisma - 10

Can be tweaked if necessary.

Interaction

Hisyune speaks to all Bioware NPC's at least twice (in SoA at least), and has extensive interaction with <CHARNAME>, where he/she may educate Hisyune as he/she wishes, which may lead to slightly different dialogue branches where needed. Should the player's interaction with Hisyune be done in a certain way, there will be sort of a romance in ToB (regardless of the player's race, gender, etc). Multi-romancing isn't recommended. Though the player can convince Hisyune it is normal to have multiple partners, the other NPC's may very well disagree. It's also possible to use her solely as a (silent) fighting machine.

I apologize if this post appears odd in any way. I haven't been sleeping well lately. :)
I'm sure I have missed something vital to make this idea work, so go on ahead and hit me with your Hammers of Criticism +3 and let me know. :P

Edited by Death Folder, 31 December 2008 - 05:00 AM.

#2 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:21 AM

Actually, this is a very, very good idea, and it is original and new. Again, however, it might be a lot of work for you, if she can be developed in so many different ways. She is bound to become more human as she progresses, yes? Will she be able to develop feelings? It raises a lot of questions, but it certainly seems interesting.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#3 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:23 AM

... Although the romance scares me. I mean, sex with a machine? I choose life.

Edited by Ithilian Delorio, 27 November 2008 - 01:23 AM.

#4 Lykainon

Lykainon

Extraordinary in a way your puny mortal brain cannot grasp.

• 198 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:40 AM

While I can see where you're coming from, it wouldn't exactly be like having sex with a toaster (unless it's a Battlestar Galactica toaster, in which case it's exactly like that but their "toasters" are really hot...). While it hasn't happened in real life (yet) there are plenty of human/machine romances in fiction and with a few exceptions, they aren't that creepy so it can be done without scaring the players :D . Although now that I think about it, focusing on the "alien" aspects of the relationship would be kinda cool.

As for the idea in general, I think it got some pretty awesome potential and I'd probably play it.
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

- Death, Hogfather (Terry Pratchett)

Arr! There be a pirate in the making!

#5 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:53 AM

I agree, but... still.

As for how Hisyune was created, how exactly does that work? I mean, take Clay Golems, for example. They only do and say what their creator programs them with, so how is Hisyune any different? How did she get her personality?

BOOM, idea. Perhaps this ultra powerful wizard of waterdeep tried to make a clone of his dead wife, such as Irenicus did with Milady Elf Queen? And, just like Irenicus' clone, it just took one look at this sadistic perve and said "Screw you, I'm outta here."

And yeah, quest potential is here to (Such as the wizard coming to get Hisyune back, etc)

Hear me roar. :ph34r:

#6 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 27 November 2008 - 01:54 AM

Actually, this is a very, very good idea, and it is original and new. Again, however, it might be a lot of work for you, if she can be developed in so many different ways.

Not as much as you would think, but I am aware modding is a lot of work in general. :)

She is bound to become more human as she progresses, yes? Will she be able to develop feelings? It raises a lot of questions, but it certainly seems interesting.

Yes and yes. :) It can all be learned, though different things at different paces, and understanding what it all means will always take time.

Heheheh. :) I actually have a Cernd banter planned about that very topic...

While I can see where you're coming from, it wouldn't exactly be like having sex with a toaster (unless it's a Battlestar Galactica toaster, in which case it's exactly like that but their "toasters" are really hot...). While it hasn't happened in real life (yet) there are plenty of human/machine romances in fiction and with a few exceptions, they aren't that creepy so it can be done without scaring the players :D . Although now that I think about it, focusing on the "alien" aspects of the relationship would be kinda cool.

Toaster. :D Brilliant.

No, I doubt it would be that creepy, though you are correct. Those are definitely things for them to discuss. :)

Oh, posted while I was posting. Curse these slow connections. :)

BOOM, idea. Perhaps this ultra powerful wizard of waterdeep tried to make a clone of his dead wife, such as Irenicus did with Milady Elf Queen? And, just like Irenicus' clone, it just took one look at this sadistic perve and said "Screw you, I'm outta here."

I had thought of Hisyune being created in the image of his deceased wife or daughter, but I decided against it.

I mean, take Clay Golems, for example. They only do and say what their creator programs them with, so how is Hisyune any different?

Can clay golems learn from their experiences and such? I do not recall...

Edited by Death Folder, 27 November 2008 - 02:08 AM.

#7 Lykainon

Lykainon

• 198 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:32 AM

Toaster. :D Brilliant.

I wouldn't dream of posting anything less then brilliant. :D (And yes, I actually am almost that cocky.)

Can clay golems learn from their experiences and such? I do not recall...

I'm not entirely sure but I think golems (the standard variant at least) are a lot like computers in this aspect. They can learn new things but only if they're programmed, not through experience.
"Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meet the rising ape."

#8 Jenne

Jenne

Assault of The Mighty Feet is coming, beware!

• 85 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 02:58 AM

Let's try this again... I'll be going for something a little more neutral, and a little less ambitious. :)

Actually, I think this is a really ambitious idea, since she can develop in so many ways. But you've got me captured and I would love to play with her. Apart from the romance track, of course. I'm not that into robots and women in general :)

Elminster this, Elminster that. Give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I will kick his arse.

My personal blog - in Czech. You've been warned.
My DA account, although it isn't tended too much.

Posted Image

#9 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:03 AM

There is good news, however. This number three construct is the first self-updating model, meaning it can learn from its experiences and develop new skills and abilities in general.

Human - Golem (can be either, as there is no race for construct...right?)
Fighter

Well, if you want to make her a unique NPC, well why not make her class a Construct(Flesh Golem). Meaning that it might be better to make her upgradeable with a speech options and money, items etc. as your good news is a bad thing, as far as the realm lore goes, as learning is not possible to golems.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 27 November 2008 - 03:06 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#10 Thanatos.

Thanatos.
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 03:39 AM

Magic works in mysterious ways. Perhaps the mage in qustion who created Hisyune was a Wild Mage? Side effects are not uncommon in magic. Take the Asylum for example.

#11 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:19 AM

I'm not entirely sure but I think golems (the standard variant at least) are a lot like computers in this aspect. They can learn new things but only if they're programmed, not through experience.

Magic works in mysterious ways. Perhaps the mage in qustion who created Hisyune was a Wild Mage? Side effects are not uncommon in magic. Take the Asylum for example.

I like that idea. :)

Actually, I think this is a really ambitious idea, since she can develop in so many ways. But you've got me captured and I would love to play with her. Apart from the romance track, of course. I'm not that into robots and women in general :)

I'm happy you still like the sound of her, regardless. Fortunately for you the romance is completely optional. ;)

Well, if you want to make her a unique NPC, well why not make her class a Construct(Flesh Golem). Meaning that it might be better to make her upgradeable with a speech options and money, items etc. as your good news is a bad thing, as far as the realm lore goes, as learning is not possible to golems.

Construct class? It would work better, I think, since she is technically not really a golem...at least none of the standard variety the available golem race belongs to.

#12 witya

witya
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:31 AM

Have you played with NWN HotU? Remember the Maker from Chapter 2? He created golems and called them their children and after their creator abandoned them, they developed some kind of a free will and a desire for freedom, as I remember. They were much more than "computers", though their will were not that developed. But there was a possibility, definitely. ^^ It doesn't even have to be a wild magic thing... wizards are known to experiment a lot.
"I love myself and I have no reason to doubt my feelings..."

#13 -Death Folder-

-Death Folder-

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:55 AM

My head is not quite clear yet, but I have tried to write down some things. Be aware that this is my first try at writing material for this character, as well as the Biowares, so this is by no means the final version. Please don't hit a newbie too hard. :)

Hisyune & Edwin

Edwin - (Hmm. Very peculiar, this clockwork harlot.) Enlighten me, my metallic monkey. What keeps you walking all this while. Does your source of energy never expire?
Hisyune - My energy core requires a full eight hours of rest to fully recharge. It takes about forty-eight hours without any form of inactivity to expire completely.
Edwin - I see. I would be very interested to give your core a more... thorough examination.
Hisyune - ...If that is what my owner wishes, it shall be as <PRO_HESHE> says.
Edwin - At that simian's will, hm? (As if my challenges could get any simpler...)
Edwin - <CHARNAME>? <CHARNAME>, we truly need to discuss a matter of great importance...

Hisyune & Minsc

Minsc - (squeak) Boo says he is truly impressed with your swordsmanship, friend Hisyune. When at the battlefront alongside Minsc and Boo of Rasheman, evil is certain to wet its filthy evil little pantaloon!
Hisyune - My...skills in combat are sufficient?
Hisyune - Confirmed. There is an eighty-five percent chance of party destruction during combat, should my skills somehow fail.
Minsc - Ehh...Minsc does not understand Hisyune's strange words. Those were things Minsc's witch Dynaheir used to handle... I speak the language of swords instead! Less talk, more fight!
Hisyune - Swords? They have their own language? I...do not comprehend.

Hisyune & Aerie

Hisyune - Subject: Aerie. Identified as elf, avariel subspecies. Lack of wings detected... why are they absent?
Aerie - Oh, Hisyune... I-I really don't wish to speak of it right now. The memories are just...too painful.
Hisyune - Memories...painful? They inflict pain upon Aerie?
Aerie - Yes...yes, they do. Have you never felt pain?
Hisyune - Negative. I do not understand what "pain" is.
Aerie - But... all those wounds from battle.... do they not hurt?
Hisyune - I...do not know. They damage my skin, and are repaired within several hours.
Aerie - Consider yourself lucky, Hisyune. I would do anything to stop feeling all this pain...

#14 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:51 AM

Niiiice. Reminds me a bit of Nordom from PS:T.

#15 witya

witya
  • 106 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 07:56 AM

"(Hmm. Very peculiar, this clockwork harlot.)" Omg, I loled. xD These conversations are awesome. ^^
"I love myself and I have no reason to doubt my feelings..."

#16 Lykainon

Lykainon

• 198 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:14 AM

I totally agree with witya, they look great and Edwin's harlot-line is pure gold. Very Edwin.

One (very) minor thing though, do they use percentage in Faerūn? It's quite possible that they do and even if they don't it's not that big of a deal.

#17 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:22 AM

Nordom uses percentage, IIRC. Not Faerūn per se, but..

#18 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

Hmm. I can see the appeal, but I don't like the idea of having a robot thingy in a medieval setting, no matter how canon, or how much wild magic is involved. It just doesn't do it for me.

Good luck with the project, though. As far as the stats go, I'd consider lowering both CHA and WIS - a robot can't be charming and persuasive, no matter how well trained, and I don't think wisdom can be possessed by a machine either. Maybe you could raise DEX a little?

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#19 Lykainon

Lykainon

• 198 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 11:59 AM

Good luck with the project, though. As far as the stats go, I'd consider lowering both CHA and WIS - a robot can't be charming and persuasive, no matter how well trained, and I don't think wisdom can be possessed by a machine either.

I can't see why not. A machine that mimics human (well, humanoid) behavior in almost every way should be just as capable of charm and persuation as anyone else. The same goes for wisdom. While that's a very abstract concept any being with similar thought patterns as a human should be able to possess it.

Now, going by the dialogue posted so far this particular machine might not have much of either (at least at the stage where these conversations are held) which is reflected in the stats but I don't see any issues with machines in general, especially machines as advanced and magical as this one, having equal or greater charisma and wisdom to a living creature.

Edited by Lykainon, 27 November 2008 - 12:00 PM.

#20 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:20 PM

Good luck with the project, though. As far as the stats go, I'd consider lowering both CHA and WIS - a robot can't be charming and persuasive, no matter how well trained, and I don't think wisdom can be possessed by a machine either.

I can't see why not. A machine that mimics human (well, humanoid) behavior in almost every way should be just as capable of charm and persuation as anyone else. The same goes for wisdom. While that's a very abstract concept any being with similar thought patterns as a human should be able to possess it.

Now, going by the dialogue posted so far this particular machine might not have much of either (at least at the stage where these conversations are held) which is reflected in the stats but I don't see any issues with machines in general, especially machines as advanced and magical as this one, having equal or greater charisma and wisdom to a living creature.

I think it depends how you view wisdom. IMO, it's more about intuition and instinct than thought patterns - and intuition and instinct are two things that a machine could never have. I guess you could sidestep that with the whole 'but she's part HUMAN! :o' thing, but that's been done before, I think.

I guess I'm kinda meh about this project because the whole 'cute female robot who is very advanced and has human characteristics' thing has been done to death. Chobits. The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.