Storm of Zehir

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 09:21 AM

It's been out for a bit now, and I'm curious what you guys have thought about it. I've heard both good and bad things, so I was curious.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#2 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:09 AM

Well to start off I think the two new races look great, the classes are a nice addition though I probably won't use them :P. The story had a good start and it was alright going through it till the end, it doesn't match into detail as the oc and motb but you have the overland map to make up for it. The land and in caves are much more detailed compared to hollow oc caves but they are alot more smaller.

The overland map is a great idea with towns, patrolling guards, monsters and the chance to find hidden stuff using skills but it has it's downsides like you cant enter the town itself but just visit the temple, tavern and then later the trade post, at least the places you can enter in have alot of detail and possibly some lag. Kinda confused about neverwinter blacklake area where the academy got burnt down and now replaced with the other stuff and how crossroad keep is very different while the knight captain is missing.

I enjoy having the chance for my party to join in my conversations with other people and the options to use gender, race, class, deity(?), alignment and the skills like survival, they really make chats much more er interesting.

The Cohorts are good with unique dialogue when chatting to other people, having the chance to bring them with you is optional. Some have quests attached to them before they join you.

Storm of Zehir isn't for everyone as I make out that anyone who liked the oc and motb won't like soz as much but if you didn't like the oc and motb then you'll possibly like soz. I personally liked the oc and motb more than soz.

My party is: Half-elf_Ranger/Sorcerer/ArcaneArcher, Human_Wizard/ArcaneScholarofCandlekeep, Human_Paladin, Half-Dragon_Fighter/Sorcerer/EldritchKnight ;)

Posted Image
I got through the game easily enough with this team.

#3 Irbis

Irbis

Drone Locker

• 186 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:22 AM

wish i could be more tolerate toward Forgoten Realms in 3D and 3rd AD&D =\ this game sure looks fun but i really would like to see it on re-made buffed IE style with 2nd rules set rather then this T_T

ico_0000_FB_png.pngico_0005_TW_png.pngico_0006_YT_png.pngico_0002_IDB_png.png

#4 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 08:49 AM

I haven't played a lot SoZ but I agree with Darziak, my opinion about what I saw is the same. I think the best way to play SoZ is keeping in mind that it isn't as epic as BG or NWN2, one you know what to expect you won't be disappointed ;-P
Gamespot rated it 6/10, IGN rated it 8.3/10 instead. Make an average and you get 7/10 which is the same rating I'd give it.

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#5 princesspurpleblob

princesspurpleblob

Princess

• 329 posts

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:24 PM

GameSpy has reviewed NWN2: Storm of Zehir: 2.5/5. That sounds pretty fail. I don't think I will buy it.

#6 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 07:34 AM

And Gamespot reviewed it 6 on 10 lol XD it seems people love it or hate it

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#7 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:50 AM

I don't hate it - it's not flawed/ horrible enough to hate, there just ain't much to love either. Although if Obsidian decide to continue making games like SoZ, THEN I'd hate it.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage