Konalan's Tweaks

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 05:35 PM

I was wondering whether it would be possible to convert the unused chest and the table into containers (or mayhaps add more containers :cheers:)

Absolutely possible, but not easily done (well, not really easily anyway). It's something I thought about initially but was too lazy to implement. I figured two containers were sufficient seeing as they are bottomless themselves. I would have to draw new polygons for those locations and set them as containers. I could do it but I've been so busy lately and haven't modded in a while that it probably won't happen anytime soon. Frankly, aside from adding an Italian translation (soon to be provided by Ilot) I probably won't be updating this mod for some time. Sorry to disappoint you.

Edited by Konalan, 30 October 2009 - 05:37 PM.

A compilation of my BG2 mods:
Konalan's Tweaks

#42 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

I figured two containers were sufficient seeing as they are bottomless themselves.

There's no such thing as "bottomless" since the maximum value for the capacity field is 65535. Which is practically "bottomless" for all practical purposes, but if you set it to 0 things may disappear.

I would have to draw new polygons for those locations and set them as containers.

There is a macro to do this in Aurora's Shoes (originally from Ascension64 or Nythrun, I forget which) but if it's your own area, that's easy enough to do in DLTCEP.

As for removing the "1" from an item display, I thought that had to do with stacking, not charges - if so, just make it non-stackable (change the stack field to 1).

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#43 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 07:49 AM

Update v2.2
- Italian translation by Stoneangel (submitted by Ilot)
- *.rar format for higher compression (i.e. it's a smaller file)
Konalan's Tweaks

#44 Konalan

Konalan

Jamie wants big BOOM!

• 91 posts

Posted 07 November 2009 - 06:05 PM

I apologize for the technical difficulties. Internet decided to go down as I was uploading the file. It's uploaded now.
Konalan's Tweaks

#45 Pablo_01

Pablo_01
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:24 AM

Hi!

Norton 360 flagged the "Setup-kontwk.exe" as having a trojan horse. Here is what Norton told me:

c:\games\bioware\bgii - soa\setup-kontwk.exe
12/25/2010 at 12:11:48 PM
Last Used:
12/25/2010 at 12:11:48 PM
Startup Item: No
Launched: No
Threat Details
Programs that infect other programs, files, or areas of a computer by inserting themselves or attaching themselves to that medium.

Downloaded from Not Available

Source
setup-kontwk.exe

Edited by Pablo_01, 25 December 2010 - 10:30 AM.

#46 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Well, the setup-snakes.exe does interject to other mediums, like the setup-*modname*.exe's as they are the same programs(just different versions of the said program and thus need an update, which is the said interjection )... WeiDU.exe's to be exact, the flagging is off, so the program is secure and without viruses. So it's a false positive.

Two false positives, go figure... try the other 298 WeiDU.exe mods and then understand to turn off the Norton when you install the mods.

And just in case you haven't noticed:

1. The WeiDU.exe .
WeiDU.exe is the program you use to install almost any todays Infinity Engine game mod, BG2 mods included. The WeiDU.exe is actually the installation .exe just renamed as setup-*modname*.exe, so it can take orders from the file called setup-*modname*.tp2. Now there are few bugs this knowledge can sort out, as the WeiDU.exe is still in revision, as new mods need new functions, the versions are updated every now-and-then. This leads to a problem, which has been tried to solve by the auto-update feature that is build in the .exe, but as it is not the most perfect system of them all, so it can cause problems if the proper steps are not taken.

They can almost all be solved by updating all the WeiDU.exe's to the most current version of the WeiDU.exe, which can always be found in here(the Windows Binary archive), you first do the auto update by running one of the setup-*modname*.exe's, and after it has succeeded to update most, you need do the manual update to know what files you need to update manually, and you do that by searching the folder by size, all the up to date setup-*modname*.exe's are about 655Kb's in size(that version is/was v22600), the outdated are smaller, so you delete the old setup-*modname*.exe, and then you copy the new WeiDU.exe from the archive to the game folder and then you re-copy it to the same folder so you have many of them, and then you rename one of the copies as the deleted one so you can run it.

The WeiDU.exe is also moding tool that has it's interface if it's named as WeiDU.exe, and for Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, remember that you have to disable the UAC, read the answer #2, or use it as Administrator, whenever you try to use it cause it won't work without the proper user permissions and file allocations. :wacko:

Additionally, the WeiDU.exe renamed as setup-*modname*.exe has many times falsely detected as a virus by many anti-virus software programs. It's a false alarm and if you get that, you have to turn off the anti-virus program so you can install the mod. And usually it's recommended that you turn off the anti-virus program even before you start moding the game at all, as you can then turn it on again after you have finished the mod installations and scan your entire hard drive.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 25 December 2010 - 10:53 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.