Bug Report for 0.48

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#21 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 07:05 AM

Okay, the search map is fixed for that box and also the coffins in the room. Everything seems to have been 2 positions off from what they needed to be.

I'll get to the book merchant next. If I recall, you also can't give him the dwarven scroll if you sell him the Silver Princess stuff first.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#22 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

I'll get to the book merchant next. If I recall, you also can't give him the dwarven scroll if you sell him the Silver Princess stuff first.

Yeah, you remember right.

Terra doesn't have much for dialogs just yet. She is the latest addition to the family of NPCs. Still waiting for her soundset also. Don't expect much from her in this version.

:rolleyes: Terras special ability spells can't be casted even though they show up on her as cast-able spells as the normal once and the override script she has been assigned to doesn't even exist in the game, meaning that the first talk has no consequences except the possible joining. :( And it was such a nice element... that I just had to do this: Install this before you meet Terra.

PS, this addition should be harmless; well, it's if the Terra's dialog file and script files are overwritten in the next patch/update. And I used the original CA 0.48's dialog file, even though I think it's the exact same as the CA0.47, so what's up with that? ^_^
Edit: Addition removed, as it was updated. :wub:

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 22 January 2009 - 03:10 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#23 Easthaven

Easthaven
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:59 AM

There seems to be a broken script when entering the barracks in the slaver base. The captain has a short dialogue with Rivian but never goes hostile to the party, even though the wording in the dialogue clearly suggests that they attack. And I can force-attack the monsters in the room one by one without the rest of them going hostile.

Also, Chaarna didn't spawn in Slaver Fortress. She's supposed to be in a cell in the same place as Buranta, right?

Another issue:

Markessa doesn't join me after I revive her with the priestess, just goes to "has nothing to say to you". And if I speak to the priestess again the only option is "NO VALID RESPONSES", which ends the dialogue. I have Althon in the party, and I've tried with both open party slots and full party.

She joined now after reloaded, went and rested at the inn, and then revived her...

Edited by Easthaven, 08 January 2009 - 11:28 AM.

#24 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 04:26 PM

1. I think this is already known: The nephelitum is dropped when you make the armor, so you can forge another (and...).

2. Could catharandamus and aglaia be made immune to damage after you end the combat and let them join?
Ok, it's just some reloading, nothing too bad, but for the first several times, my crew slaughtered them nonetheless right after their dialogue :devil:

3. I could not get the silver knight to spawn a second time.

4. The dagger +1 doesn't give the +1 to thac0 and the dagger +2, longtootg gives actually only +1 thac0 (but i think i had this issue in bg2, too).

5. The trapped "switch" to open coprith's secret door does not open the door for me.

6. I had a crash as i chose the noble option (yes, we are classy) to sleep in saltmarsh.
Edit: Did not reappear...

7. Rurik: When i dismiss him while in his forge, there were actually two Ruriks showing up, though i remember doing this at the same spot, without him appearing a second time. Also, every time you talk to him after being dismissed, you get the oakhurst dialogue as if you had not joined with him there.

Edited by Alioth, 08 January 2009 - 05:01 AM.

"Supprimez les flics et et y'en a dix millions qui se croirent permis de le remplacer."

-->Jean-Bernard Pouy: À sec! (Spinoza encule Hegel. Le retour)

#25 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:39 AM

4. The dagger +1 doesn't give the +1 to thac0 and the dagger +2, longtootg gives actually only +1 thac0 (but i think i had this issue in bg2, too).

If that is a BG2 bug and BG2 Fixpack fixes this, then are here the reasons, why BG2 Fixpack could be a good idea to install it before CA, so CA has nothing to do with these problems. The same is valid for problems/discrepancies with the BG2 kits, spells, etc. which CA uses. :)

BG2 Fixpack with CA is not tested completely, but I'm on it, now.

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 09 January 2009 - 09:41 AM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#26 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 07:20 PM

1 - Rurik doesn't drop the ore that I have ever seen. In fact, his script is to destroy it. However, his script does allow some other items to stay in his inventory, so it is possible that other stuff will get dropped and you can reuse them.

2 - Cath and Aleigha are immune to damage when you first attack them. I have to drop the immunity during the dialog if you plan to kill them. If you have them join however, you have to keep your party from hacking them. Remember that at low XP levels, we all have low hit points. It doesn't take much for Dirbert to kill somebody with one hit, so be careful. The white dragon in the Sunless Citadel has the same issue.

3 - Umm, why? The Silver Knight only needs to appear once. After you collect the gem, he has no reason to reappear. In the original story, he will continue to reappear once a day as long as the gem stayed in it's container.

5 - the door opens just fine if you have his key.

6 - this could have actually been a banter or other dialog that caused the crash. Since they won't always replicate, you may not experience it again.

7 - Rurik's constantly buggy dialogs in the store are just that, buggy. I have fixed, fixed, and fixed them again. There are so many options with him that I haven't been able to track them all down and fix them. I think I have your issue resolved in 0.48, or at least I thought so...

Classic Adventures

#27 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:20 AM

Umm, why? The Silver Knight only needs to appear once. After you collect the gem, he has no reason to reappear. In the original story, he will continue to reappear once a day as long as the gem stayed in it's container.

I think that this quest could do with some closure, though. Once you leave the Palace, it's never mentioned gain - the Jewel never reappears, and I don't think it ever got to the safe place the Princess wanted it to. Maybe we could turn it into a side quest after A4? recover the jewel and take it to the dwarves, with the occasional reappearance to the Silver Knight to reclaim it himself?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#28 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:54 AM

Chaarna has the jewel when you find her. It is her necklace. A future quest is in the works. It probably will tie in with Rurik's quest somehow.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#29 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

If that is a BG2 bug and BG2 Fixpack fixes this, then are here the reasons, why BG2 Fixpack could be a good idea to install it before CA, so CA has nothing to do with these problems. The same is valid for problems/discrepancies with the BG2 kits, spells, etc. which CA uses. :)

Its kinda weird cause i tested this spontaneously and it seems to only happen with the PC.
If Aleigha and PC have two ** in dagger proficiency and longsword:
Aleigha gets +2 thac0 from longsword+2 and dagger+2 (she has the same thac0 with both)
Pc gets +2 thac0 from longsword+2 but only +1 from the dagger+2 (one point difference in thac0)

With one * in dagger and shortsword and katana PC gets 13 thac0 with a shordword+2 and katana+2 but thac0 14 with the dagger+2. I tested with few other npcs and it works fine, only the PC has reduced thac0 bonus with the dagger

Sorry, for this longwinded case filling, but i'm really puzzled...
"Supprimez les flics et et y'en a dix millions qui se croirent permis de le remplacer."

#30 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 10 January 2009 - 04:24 PM

Aleigha is a ranger with a PNP kit. Her base class gives her the benefits.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#31 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:10 PM

Aleigha is a ranger with a PNP kit. Her base class gives her the benefits.

Sorry, what benefits?

1 - Rurik doesn't drop the ore that I have ever seen. In fact, his script is to destroy it. However, his script does allow some other items to stay in his inventory, so it is possible that other stuff will get dropped and you can reuse them.

Are you sure? I had two blue plates and could have picked up the neptelitim once again, before i loaded. But never mind :P

3 - Umm, why? The Silver Knight only needs to appear once. After you collect the gem, he has no reason to reappear. In the original story, he will continue to reappear once a day as long as the gem stayed in it's container.

Then its a little bit inconsistent as the princess tells you that chaarna who is the frailest shall take the gem to oakhurst, while you are giving them "a headstart" by killing the knight when he appears again. In the other case, why shouldn't you go with chaarna and the gem in your group to oakhurst anyway?

5 - the door opens just fine if you have his key.

But i have the key and open the first door from the entry hall with it. Then i'm in a little room with nothing in it except, after some time, a warded hidden door and a trap. A message says that the lever to open the hidden door is trapped.
When disarming the trap no lever is there to pull and the hidden door is still locked.

6 - this could have actually been a banter or other dialog that caused the crash. Since they won't always replicate, you may not experience it again.

You're right. It happened some other time e.g. the lizard-cave transit. But never reappeared in the same spot.

7 - Rurik's constantly buggy dialogs in the store are just that, buggy. I have fixed, fixed, and fixed them again. There are so many options with him that I haven't been able to track them all down and fix them. I think I have your issue resolved in 0.48, or at least I thought so...

Beware! It's cursed! Same as blush the ghost who has enough of aesdale before it all starts... :rolleyes:

Edited by Alioth, 10 January 2009 - 07:12 PM.

#32 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 07:23 PM

-Aleigha's sword: If you drop her from your group. Her sword is given to the PC. So he cannot not have the sword if she's not in your group. If you ever accept her once in your group your auto-cursed? (Except you let her die on some way and don't pick it up). Is there actually any repercussion for carrying the sword? (I don't suppose, but it would be cool)

-Is there a reason why cats grace does 1d4 bonus (per description) while eagles splendor and bulls strenght are doing 1d4+1? (not firm in 2nd Ed.)

-Dialogue consistency: you can ask lamonsten about the netheril empire but he never mentions it actually. (Or i had a bug in the many dialogue pop-ups in this moment)

-no bug, but... please put a gem bag early on somewhere!!! (Or have i missed any?) (-->Bergon)

#33 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

If you kill Illwethawriwyn you're STUCK!!!

Sorry haha just a jest :ph34r: Here's the real stuff:

-Icars upgrades: I had to drop Icar before going to selgaunt. Sadly i missed the trigger? Are they in this version?

- [cheated:] upgraded glowfire doesn't prevent fatigue
-longsword traveller and upgraded glowfire can't harm lesser elementals? They really should as per description, no?
-I fear the upgraded glowfire is really bugged...

-one screen just before the bridge of selgaunt is really crowded now with first the hurons guards appearing.
Then Jak, the halfling telling you about storm and elminster who are just a little bit more down on the left.
I think they really could be straightened out a bit.

-Ghost Tower of Inverness: Little bit of a void atmosphere, but it isn't quite finished yet, i suppose ^_^ . Real hard but great fight with the summon monster traps! :Bow:

-There is a part of the dungeon in the interior part which cannot be accessed (yet)

-Myth Drannor: The reward from the alhoons for the slippery oil scroll is a yellow ion stone +1 int... which you've just found in the ruins.... Edit: apparently part of random loot in the school, in a second runthrough i did not get it again

-holzkettle-dialogue: i have the option to agree to kill the alhoons or to say "prepare to die holzkettle". I chose to attack holzkettle, but then Rivian turned hostile.

-If Althon wears already a necklace, the Necklace from Ilewtharyn does not appear in his inventory.

-Longsword Elenyias description doesn't state that it does elemental damage, i think cold, at least it looks like.

Edited by Alioth, 11 January 2009 - 09:03 AM.

#34 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:05 AM

The kobold leader will give you a gem bag in the Sunless Citadel if you tell her you killed all the goblins and evil druid.

Bergon could also sell you a gem bag. Not a bad idea.

5 above, the doorway you are talking about will only open if you clear the three traps around this room. This comes from ToB, I just used the same traps to open the secret doorway to where all the barrels of alcohol are stored. So, you need his key and you need to find the the three traps to get this secret door open. And then...nothing. There is nothing special about this room once you get the door open. We never found any closure we liked for this area.

Classic Adventures

#35 Alioth

Alioth
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 01:43 PM

5 above, the doorway you are talking about will only open if you clear the three traps around this room. This comes from ToB, I just used the same traps to open the secret doorway to where all the barrels of alcohol are stored. So, you need his key and you need to find the the three traps to get this secret door open. And then...nothing. There is nothing special about this room once you get the door open. We never found any closure we liked for this area.

I vote for a large stash of arlenterian liquor, elven wine and such to sponsor a party at blush new domicile :hug:
Besides its a good place to drop some weird upgrade ingredentia, thinking that Rurik was so engaged...

#36 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:09 PM

Well, as we discussed/concluded in here, Althon can't join in Saltmarsh, so I have made a WeiDU installer patch with the help of Solar's Harpers file, and it includes the Terras problem fix, shall we say.
PS: I'll take full responsibility of the content of this fixes, so they are unofficial fixes... :cheers:

Attached Files

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 January 2009 - 12:52 AM.

#37 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 10:49 AM

Obviously a novel kinda issue, but an issue nonetheless...
I've installed 0.47 fine but everytime I try to install 0.48 I get the error; [./DATA/AREA500A.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./DATA/AREA500A.BIF")
Now, since noone else has reported an issue like this I'm certain it's my own stupidity coming into play, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong :mellow:

#38 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

I've installed 0.47 fine but everytime I try to install 0.48 I get the error; [./DATA/AREA500A.BIF] cannot be loaded: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "./DATA/AREA500A.BIF")
Now, since noone else has reported an issue like this I'm certain it's my own stupidity coming into play, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. :mellow:

Well in theory, I would say that you either have a bad/corrupted file there or you didn't install the Full Install of the ToB part of the BGII install...
Now I'll upload the specific file from my BGII:ToB(English language), so you can try it. It needs to be in the "<Gamedir>\CD5\data" folder...
PS, make a backup from yours... just in case.
Edit: Ahh, good. And in that case I'll remove the attachment I uploaded.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 January 2009 - 12:20 PM.

#39 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

Now, since noone else has reported an issue like this I'm certain it's my own stupidity coming into play, but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. :mellow:

Well in theory, I would say that you either have a bad/corrupted file there or you didn't install the Full Install of the ToB part of the BGII install...
Now I'll upload the specific file from my BGII:ToB(English language), so you can try it. It needs to be in the "<Gamedir>\CD5\data" folder...
PS, make a backup from yours... just in case.

Thanks for all your help. I'll give that a go and, failing that, I'll uninstall/re-install ToB and see where I go from there :cheers:

Edit: You were bang on the money, of course. I'd misclicked on my ToB install and borked the entire process. Regardless of how silly I've been, thankyou again for your very quick help!

Edited by Drizzle, 23 January 2009 - 11:56 AM.

#40 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:51 PM

I'm here to report a Mythryl Eagle sighting in CA.

Been playing version 0.48 the last few weeks as time allows. The team has continued to do a great job. I'll try to do a spellcheck on version 0.48 over the next week or so.

minor bug with the ion stones: Using a color depth of 16 in the graphics setup results in a shadow for the ion stone graphics window. I changed my color depth to 32 and the problem goes away.

I was playing the game on an old system with very little memory and had set many of the game settings to minimum values in an attempt to improve game performance, not sure if any of them helped but I had to try something. Bought a 1Gb mem card for $30 and WOW the game runs much better. Now I can reset the game play setting to the max values.
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"