Bug Report for 0.48

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#41 Sam.

Sam.
  • Administrator
  • 1294 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

I'm here to report a Mythryl Eagle sighting in CA.

:clap:

"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

--<CHARNAME> to Portalbendarwinden

--------------------

post-10485-0-15080600-1348188745.jpg
___________Old pen and paper modules of the 70s and 80s.___________

CA Forums CA Homepage

#42 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

Mythryl Eagle, I am happy to see you are back!

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#43 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

When I completed Mistmoor I didn't get the Rilithar rewards dialog.

typos:

TCHURON.d

marvelled > marveled

TCICARJ.d

Probaby > Probably
think I one > think I have one

TCMER03.d

fasinating > fascinating

BCATH.d

venemous > venomous
tounge > tongue

TCCATH.d

guantlet's > gauntlet's
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#44 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

a few more typos:

TCTERRA.d

posess > possess
posessions > possessions

BTERRA.d

wearbear > werebear
civilisation > civilization
apologise > apologize [multiple occurances]
realise > realize

BICAR.d

fulfil > fulfill
enthralledd > enthralled

BRURIK.d

some the most > some of the most

BRIVIAN.d

diety > deity
sofly > softly [multiple]

BALTHON.d

civilised > civilized [multiple]
Always look on the bright side of life, da da - da da - da da - da da. "Monty Python"

#45 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 05:24 AM

An odd little quirk. Outside the first dungeon (not the ravine, but the other first dungeon) when interrupted from attempting to rest the message is about the barking of kobolds but the encounter is with a single orc.

#46 -Mindless^^-

-Mindless^^-

Posted 26 January 2009 - 11:48 AM

Rurik - After forging "Improved Hucrecle Signet Ring" I can't speak with him anymore.

#47 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 12:18 PM

a few more typos:

BICAR.d

Lloth > Lolth

Adlerweg found in: TCBERGON.d, TCHILLG2.d, TCHOWLS.d, TCSENTIN.d and TCHURT.d
Alderweg found in: TCHURON.d and TCSENTIN.d

Netheril found in: TCLAMON.d, TCPELJA.d, BALTHON.d and TCHURON.d
Nethril found in: BALEIG.d and BALTHON.d
[not sure if these are really referencing the same place, but mentioned them so someone could check]

#48 Drizzle

Drizzle
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 08:21 AM

I know this is just bad luck rather than a bug but is there any way to turn an npc invincible after the dialogue switches them to non-aggressive? This is still in the Silver Palace, I've had Catharandamus (?) and Aleigha die three times running after the speech that opens them for recruitment.

Edit: Killed all of the NPC party excpet Aleigha and then dealt enough damage to her to trigger the dialogue. After responding favourably to her she changed to a green circle but her portrait didn't show in the party. I can still order her around but her inventory/character record etc. aren't accessible.
Attempted the same kill order a second time and the exact same result so it seems to be repeatable.

Edited by Drizzle, 28 January 2009 - 08:42 AM.

#49 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 09:07 AM

Not sure if this is a bug but I noticed that upon return to westgate after a preliminary excursion to the slaver fortress map to the southeast, that the +2 sling being used by Vil is missing, was it stolen? and a magic sword (bone club) in the backpack of another NPC is broken, what type of encounter breaks items inside backpacks?

Two encounters occured between the time I had the items and when I noticed them gone/broken. 1) the encounter with the harpies which included althon getting charmed and attacking his own party, and 2) an ambush between maps which included a couple of bugbears and some magic using characters (I ran from this encounter due to low health and didn't engage so I assume that this encounter didn't result in my item loss, unless it was scripted)

I just went back to an earlier save game and noticed that I had two of the +2 slings. I must have had one of the slings stolen even earlier. Do these items have timers or special scripts? or am I the victim of an unknown thief?If this is a part of the gameplay, that's OK, but if its a bug I wanted to report it.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 31 January 2009 - 09:21 AM.

#50 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:10 PM

I just went back to an earlier save game and noticed that I had two of the +2 slings. I must have had one of the slings stolen even earlier. Do these items have timers or special scripts?

Yes, there is a script and this depends on the original BG game and has nothing to do with mods. If one of your characters is getting a spell like "panic", then there is a chance, that he drops a random weapon in panic. Do you know, if your character was effected with such a spell?

Greetings Leomar

Edited by Leomar, 31 January 2009 - 10:11 PM.

A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#51 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 04:21 AM

Not sure if this is a bug but I noticed that upon return to westgate after a preliminary excursion to the slaver fortress map to the southeast, that the +2 sling being used by Vil is missing, was it stolen? and a magic sword (bone club) in the backpack of another NPC is broken, what type of encounter breaks items inside backpacks?

I saw this as well. I think the bone club was destroyed by the acid the bugbears use. I can't think of any other creature that can break weapons. I also remember loosing some weapons like a sling. Not sure at this point what is causing this to happen. I guess I need better details of when the items disappear. There are some strange situations in the bottom of the A2 fortress. Not sure if it is from the IWD scripts here or something else.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#52 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 06:39 PM

In the chapel with the shar priestess (lower level of the slaver compound outside of westgate) there is a treasure hidden in one of the crypts. Included in this cache is the Ildacer shield and the Ildacer shield +2. Both descriptions mention Vil as the first to use the shield since his ancestor. Why are there two shields? Isn't one of these the improvement of the other? I never improved the original. I assume that this is a bug in SBB's attempt to reintroduce magic items stolen by the slavers.

If I had sold or cached the shield before beginning chapter 3 would there now be three shields? Or alternately, had I given the shield to Ril before chapter 3 would he show up in westgate with a third copy of the shield?

#53 Dr.Shaman

Dr.Shaman
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

Also, the bug where Blush initiates her "kicked out of party"-dialogue directly after announcing she's leaving for the temple is still there, so she takes Aesdale with her...

It happens because of this:
Global TCBlushRealizes is set to 3 when she leave the party, but that part of her script...

IF
!InParty(Myself)
HPGT(Myself,0)
Global("JoinedParty","LOCALS",1)
!Global("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1)
!Global("TCBlushRealizes","LOCALS",4)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetLeavePartyDialogFile()
Dialogue(Player1)
ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
END

...came first and triggers instantly.

Addition of !Global("TCBlushRealizes","LOCALS",3) check in this part of her script should fix the problem.

Also, Blush is moved right in the wall portion of the Temple when script triggers.

Some bugs for Icar...

To upgrade Glowfire player must have 3 Fire Agate gems, a potion of Fire Resistance, and 10,000 gold pieces, but Icar takes a Giant Troll Blood instead of Fire Agates and Potion of Fire Resistance.

Icar uses incorrect part of TCICARJ dialogue after he upgrades an item:

*I sense we are near the forge. What services do you wish?*
Instead of
*Here you go, <CHARNAME>. I hope you use it well* (This option reset "ForgeStuff" to 0)

Because of this, Global "ForgeStuff" remains set at 2 and he initiates this dialogue over and over (Area script forces him to initiate dialogue if said global is set to 2.)

*I sense we are near the forge* part is located earlier in the dialogue file and perhaps it should be available on *!Global("ForgeStuff","TC0300",2)* condition.

Edited by Dr.Shaman, 06 February 2009 - 03:18 PM.

#54 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 06:03 AM

Also, the bug where Blush initiates her "kicked out of party"-dialogue directly after announcing she's leaving for the temple is still there, so she takes Aesdale with her...

It happens because of this:
Global TCBlushRealizes is set to 3 when she leave the party, but that part of her script...

IF
!InParty(Myself)
HPGT(Myself,0)
Global("JoinedParty","LOCALS",1)
!Global("IWasKickedOut","LOCALS",1)
!Global("TCBlushRealizes","LOCALS",4)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetLeavePartyDialogFile()
Dialogue(Player1)
ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT)
END

...came first and triggers instantly.

Addition of !Global("TCBlushRealizes","LOCALS",3) check in this part of her script should fix the problem.

Also, Blush is moved right in the wall portion of the Temple when script triggers.

Some bugs for Icar...

To upgrade Glowfire player must have 3 Fire Agate gems, a potion of Fire Resistance, and 10,000 gold pieces, but Icar takes a Giant Troll Blood instead of Fire Agates and Potion of Fire Resistance.

Icar uses incorrect part of TCICARJ dialogue after he upgrades an item:

*I sense we are near the forge. What services do you wish?*
Instead of
*Here you go, <CHARNAME>. I hope you use it well* (This option reset "ForgeStuff" to 0)

Because of this, Global "ForgeStuff" remains set at 2 and he initiates this dialogue over and over (Area script forces him to initiate dialogue if said global is set to 2.)

*I sense we are near the forge* part is located earlier in the dialogue file and perhaps it should be available on *!Global("ForgeStuff","TC0300",2)* condition.

It is actually better to just change Blush's script to check for the global being greater than 2. No need for 2 lines of code.

Icar now takes the correct items for the upgrade. Also, I think I got his dialog work correctly now.

As for Vildamyr's shield, the script looks like I did some copy-and-paste to it and forgot to remove the original code. It now checks to see if you had the original shield or the upgrade instead of adding both. BTW, if you give anything to Ril before shipping out, the item would still be on him. When the pirates take all of your gear, I check each important item and flag a variable to say you have it. If you had given the item to somebody, the script won't find the item when you are on the ship and therefore the item will not appear later in the game unless you find that person.

So you could give important items to Ril and then collect those items at the inn. However, if you wanted to do that, you could just CLUA in the items anyways. They are both ways of cheating in items.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#55 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:42 PM

I saw this as well. I think the bone club was destroyed by the acid the bugbears use. I can't think of any other creature that can break weapons. I also remember loosing some weapons like a sling. Not sure at this point what is causing this to happen. I guess I need better details of when the items disappear. There are some strange situations in the bottom of the A2 fortress. Not sure if it is from the IWD scripts here or something else.

I was able to duplicate this again. In the caves below the slaver fortress I obtained 2 +2 slings and a bone club from the duerger. After leaving the caves I attacked the harpies outside the fortress. The first time it happened during the battle with the harpies. (the bone club inside the backpack breaks, the sling in Vils hand dissapears and the sling inside my haversack turns into a +2 sling quantity (0)) If I remove this sling from the haversack it dissapears. I then reloaded and was able to complete the battle with the harpies. I then left for westgate and was ambushed by the bugbear party. I lose the three items. I reloaded, and instead leave for the village map. I get to this map OK but then try to sleep and the items dissapear. I then reloaded and tried to sleep at the fortress map. I lose the items during rest. It appears that the loss of the three items is time related and is not map related. Are these items obtained from the duerger similar to the drow items in that they can be destroyed by daylight. I know i'm grasping at straws but I am unable to explain their destruction.

Prior to leaving westgate on my way to the slaver fortress I tried to buy a wand of frost from the merchant in the warehouse. I noticed the price was very low for a wand. Didn't notice at the time that I didn't get the item. Later at the slaver fortress map I noticed that the wand is missing. Is there a bug related to this wand?

Edited by MythrylEagle, 07 February 2009 - 02:44 PM.

#56 MythrylEagle

MythrylEagle
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

found the wand, not a bug.

when I enter the slaver fortress level with kessa I get a continually repeating "slaver quaffs a potion" I also later get a repeating "Kessa quaffs a potion" I realize this is an old bug.

In the room outside the vault room where you have to unlock all the bricks. If I try to unlock the door first I get the message "To the auctioneer - I guess I may be interested."

In the village map next to the slaver fortress. I can give the peasant 500gp and recieve 1000exp. This dialog option is never closed and I can infinitely repeat it.

there are several spell icons that have a blue or green background color leaking around the side. Endurance is one of these. there are more but I failed to record the spell name prior to writing the spell to my spellbook. (Thunderclap is another one of the spells.) (I checked these two spells on sam's laptop and they don't appear to have the same graphics issues. My computer and it's graphics settings seem to be more sensitive to these details.)

There is a merchant that says "Why would say that?" should say "Why would I say that?" don't remember where I saw this.

The final dialog between althon and Kessa does not seem to make sense to me. Althon says that he will attack me if I attack Kessa but he never does.

It would be nice if some of the new swords (like maidens sorrow) used equiped item colors that matched their discription. Many of these are using the default item colors.

Edited by MythrylEagle, 15 February 2009 - 07:30 PM.

#57 fearless

fearless
  • 79 posts

Donator

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

Im getting a crash when i attempt to trigger Aleigha to join the party. I killed all other NPCs in this group then I hit her with some arrows enough that she complains and says lets talk about it, the dialogue comes up and i can agree to that, but just after the game crashes.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, version 0.47
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #1 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #2 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #3 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #4 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #5 // Turn Off The Hideous Cloak-of-Mirroring and Spell-Trap Animation
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #6 // Install 1PP's Flaming Sword animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS047.TP2~ #0 #7 // Install the Ion Stone animations pack
~SETUP-CLASSICS048.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Classic Adventures TC mod, Patch version 0.48
~WIDESCREEN/WIDESCREEN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Widescreen Mod: Widescreen Mod v2

In event log:

Application popup: Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger : An unhandled win32 exception occurred in BGMain.exe [464]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.

Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.

Any idea what may be causing this? I can get the priest of shar to join without any probs - i have saved prior to this point.

fearless

CM690 II Case, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i5-3750K @ 4.2Ghz, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Asus DirectCU GTX-670, Samsung 256GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD x2

https://github.com/mrfearless

#58 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:28 AM

Any idea what may be causing this? I can get the priest of shar to join without any probs - i have saved prior to this point.

Well technically I do not know, but I think it might be one of the the dwarves being killed without triggering their death variable... this has the effect that a dialog that should happen crashes the game.

I always hit Aleigha first, speak to her, then the dwarves and then hit Catharandamus, this way they can both join... if they aren't killed accidentally.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#59 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:29 AM

This is quite a buggy fight, which is very easy to break. My advice is to save just before you go into the room with cath in, take out the dwarves, then attack and join Aleigha then attack and join Cath. Might be an idea to switch Dirbert from his bow and arrows if you have him so he doesn't chunk anyone important.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage

#60 fearless

fearless
  • 79 posts

Donator

Posted 26 February 2009 - 03:56 PM

I managed to get it sorted in the end, i took your advice and tried a different approach, ended up killing both dwarfs, one at a time, by luring them into the tunnels, and killing them, then sneaking back in to the main areas they all were, so that only Aleigha could see my char, draw her out to the tunnels, attacked to trigger dialogue, and then she joined fine, then off we went to deal with the priest of shar. All good. Thanks anyhow.

One thing i noticed when i came back into the town and found the mayor dying was he asked me about how my quest went and it offered two choices, 1 to say tell him all you know about the goblins and apples, and the other to confess you went to the silver castle place. I chose the first one, but i hadnt even gone to that area yet, so perhaps it could be expanded to include: "(lie) you were right the goblins only had one apple and wanted more money for it", "(truth) i went elsewhere looking for aid" (silver castle place) or maybe not to offer the dialogue choice unless you had done the goblin ravine quest. I have went back to the ravine and am only doing this quest part now.

fearless

CM690 II Case, Corsair HX1000 PSU, Asus Maximus V Gene, Intel i5-3750K @ 4.2Ghz, Corsair 8GB DDR3, Asus DirectCU GTX-670, Samsung 256GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 2TB HDD x2

https://github.com/mrfearless