Temple of elemental evil help

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:02 AM

I just got this game and am already having problems. First of all the movies are black, I can hear but can't see, unless it's the captions at the bottom. I can just skip if I hit the enter button but I don't know what I miss. I checked to see if the movies work and they are fine outside the game. I tried going through the tutorial and at the time that I'm suppose to cast Magic Missile, I have 511 missiles to spend. I figured it just might be the tutorial and when into the real game and same thing. I patched the game with 2 and 3. I've re-installed the game twice now, should I just play it unpatched or something?
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#2 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:28 AM

I just got this game and am already having problems. First of all the movies are black, I can hear but can't see, unless it's the captions at the bottom. I can just skip if I hit the enter button but I don't know what I miss. I checked to see if the movies work and they are fine outside the game. I tried going through the tutorial and at the time that I'm suppose to cast Magic Missile, I have 511 missiles to spend. I figured it just might be the tutorial and when into the real game and same thing. I patched the game with 2 and 3. I've re-installed the game twice now, should I just play it unpatched or something?

I would patch the thing with the 1.01 patch first, and then with the 1.02 patch... Or you'll be missing all the items with 1.03! <_<
Here's a step by step instructions for the best ToEE experience you can get. Yes, you should use the mod, as it give you option not to use it, but I do recommend to use the mod anyway, as the game isn't that full of content anyway, and the addition isn't that huge, except perhaps in mega bites.~(170MB)

PS. if the game is already v1.01 at the installation, you can skip the first step.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 29 December 2008 - 11:38 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#3 SaintZenn

SaintZenn

Best game ever

• 419 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:09 PM

The magic is working the right way now but still no movies. Some days I hate my alien.
My Deviantart account

Mme. Thenardier:
I used to dream that I would meet a prince
But God Almighty, have you seen what's happened since?
Master of the house? Isn't worth me spit!
`Comforter, philosopher' and lifelong sh*t!
Cunning little brain, regular Voltaire
Thinks he's quite a lover but there's not much there
What a cruel trick of nature landed me with such a louse
God knows how I've lasted living with this bastard in the house!

#4 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:52 PM

These guys fixed a whole load more too: Circle Of Eight. I still hated the game and didn't get much past Hommlet before introducing it to the trashcan (literally). Unfortunately, I don't have a ready answer for your problem except, perhaps, to check the screen resolution. It's just possible that if you are widescreen, the game may not like running the movies from inside.

-Y-

#5 joshuar9476

joshuar9476
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 03:01 PM

These guys fixed a whole load more too: Circle Of Eight. I still hated the game and didn't get much past Hommlet before introducing it to the trashcan (literally). Unfortunately, I don't have a ready answer for your problem except, perhaps, to check the screen resolution. It's just possible that if you are widescreen, the game may not like running the movies from inside.

-Y-

the TOEE is one of my favorite games behind the BG series, and it's mainly because of the work done over at CO8 ... head over there and they'll set you up proper. it seems like i spend about a half of a year playing that game over, then switch and run through the BG series, then start over again.
i have a witty signature thought up, i just haven't posted it yet.