#21 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 June 2009 - 07:53 AM

I also like Leila's version the best.

#22 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 09 June 2009 - 09:47 AM

Well, same.

I do think the face looks... strange? It comes out a bit too - how to put it - manly? Otherwise really great work!

#23 Tolknaz

Tolknaz
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:33 AM

Well, same.

I do think the face looks... strange? It comes out a bit too - how to put it - manly? Otherwise really great work!

Agreed. Leilas version indeed looks better in terms of lightning and background, but the face is too manly.

#24 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:53 AM

Agreed. Leilas version indeed looks better in terms of lightning and background, but the face is too manly.

I think it's because of hollow cheeks

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#25 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:20 PM

I appreciate all the input, and I made some changes.

Posted Image

I found a relatively better background. Also made the cheeks a bit fuller, and realised she had one heck of a chin, so I brought that back a bit. Nose was reduced as well. Any better?

#26 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:52 PM

A lot better, yeah! :)

#27 ghostdog

ghostdog
  • Modder
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 04:18 AM

:new_thumbs:

#28 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 08:53 AM

I think it's awesome.

I will wait for a few days to see if any other useful suggestions/comments come forth, since the ones so far have been excellent and really helped Leila make some great improvements. If everyone seems satisfied with it, and everyone feels it is adequately within the PS:T artistic style (I think it is), then I'll go ahead and code it up as a new UB restoration :)

Qwinn

#29 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 04:17 PM

Okay, the component's completely done and implemented, and the "Alu-fiend" entry now appears in your bestiary properly when you first see Vrischika's sprite when you enter her shop :) The picture looks awesome in game, and IMO fits nicely with the style of other bestiary entries. The component is considered "Recommended" for installation purposes and is called "Restored Alu-Fiend Bestiary Entry".

If anyone has any more suggestions for the pic, please continue to feel free to offer them... from my mod's point of view, one pic is the same as another, and easily updated.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 13 June 2009 - 04:19 PM.

#30 Daulmakan

Daulmakan

Comfortably numb

• 1065 posts

Posted 13 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

Very nice, Leila. :new_thumbs:

item_pack.jpg   Drows.jpg

#31 --roshan--

--roshan--

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:08 PM

I think Leilas picture has completely ignored something.... "This sharp-featured woman's appearance is attractive though somewhat disturbing". She looks like a hag in the original pic. The second is a lot better, but still does not look attractive at all. I prefer the first one by Maebe.

#32 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:33 AM

I think Maebe's pic still looks too much like the Aasimar pic, honestly. A slight change in expression but otherwise its the same face. Leila's looks substantially different.

As for being unattractive, I dunno, I think she's wearing an unattractive -expression-, I see her in that pic as looking the way she does when you first see her, bitching and yelling at Standish as he works around the shop. Were Leila's Vrischika to soften her expression and smile, I think she'd be "attractive albeit disturbing". That doesn't mean her portrait must catch her at her most appealing.

Qwinn

EDIT: Also, as far as sticking to the description in the text, Maebe's "blue-black" skin coloring looks more like very very light blue to me, regardless of lighting conditions.

Edited by Qwinn, 14 June 2009 - 04:13 AM.

#33 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 05:19 AM

Eh, I don't mean to sound sore receiving criticism, but what exactly constitutes attractiveness? It's largely relative. I thought the first incarnation I made was rather good looking, if in a more unconventional (and disturbing) way, but I was willing to sacrifice variety in features for the sake of beauty. What would you have changed further to consider it attractive?

#34 --Shambelle--

--Shambelle--

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:01 AM

Eh, I don't mean to sound sore receiving criticism, but what exactly constitutes attractiveness? It's largely relative. I thought the first incarnation I made was rather good looking, if in a more unconventional (and disturbing) way, but I was willing to sacrifice variety in features for the sake of beauty. What would you have changed further to consider it attractive?

Fine art but I keep feeling that something is amiss...
The lips are perhaps a bit to big...
And the eyes seems strange...

Shambelle

#35 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:48 AM

Just FYI, I've decided to instead name it Restored Bestiary Entries, and include along with it all the expanded bestiary entries that were originally done in Cilantro's Restoration Pack. Those are currently in the Fixpack, but should probably be considered a Restoration.

I also restored the 'Gained an Ability' sound for TNO in the Fixpack. Restoration Pack originally added it when you gain the Raise Dead ability, and I also added it for gaining Stories Bones Tell and Sensory Touch. Moving all of it to the Restored Sounds and Banters component for 4.0, as it properly belongs there.

Qwinn

Edited by Qwinn, 14 June 2009 - 11:17 AM.