Photo

A request( SOS items)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:27 PM

I'm sorry to be a bother particularly if this was already brought up but I will make a go at it anyway.

My brother and I have both downloaded SOS at one point or another, and to be quite honest we did not enjoy the quests much particularly the main one\. I found it a bit boring and didn't even bother after awhile, however I kept it installed for one reason- the items are fantastic. The items are great I used them ll the time until I had to uninstall all my mods. (my brother has uninstalled it too)

The thing is we both wanna use the items because they were amazing, but we don't actually want to install the mod.
So we were wondering if it was possible for the modders to release an item pack. The items as I said are amazing and fun to play with.

Plus I'd like to make it clear I rarely enjoy the megamods anyway I do not know why but I do not. SO do not take it personally
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

Most of the items are found through the areas and NPC's brought in by the mod. If you install only items, you wouldn't find them except CLUAConsole. You can do that with the whole mod installed and not pursue all of the quests.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

I understand but the thing is we want to save room
We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

My edit turned into a double post

Edited by Hoppy, 21 January 2009 - 10:26 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 01:09 AM

I understand but the thing is we want to save room

Yeah the added areas take a lot of space. Someone asked in the Check the Bodies forum about getting just spells and items, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen so I would say the same for SoS. Charles Bisson created both mods with help from others and they are updated by King Diamond. Getting original author's consent is a long process sometimes.

If you like item mods without the huge area files, you may like Dark Ritual at Chosen of Mystra if you haven't tried it yet. Some of the items are familiar from other mods (maybe SoS), some are very unique and some new items can be forged.
http://forums.chosen...p...&board=14.0

- King Diamond