? with proper globaltimer sets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Azrii

Azrii

Iltha Windspear

• 65 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:36 PM

I want my mod to be 'professional' so that is why I ask the following question. I reread timer tutorial thoughtfully provided by Kensai_Ryu and did forum search (here and teambg) for difference between SetGlobalTimer and RealSetGlobalTimer (I don't know what it is). Couldn't find what I needed. Tashia.bcs uses mostly RealSetGlobalTimer with "GLOBAL"; Vanim.bcs uses SetGlobalTimer with mostly "LOCALS", some "GLOBAL"; J#KLSY uses (about evenly split) RealSetGlobalTimer and SetGlobalTimer, each one with "LOCALS" and "GLOBALS" so there doesn't appear to be any correlation between global type and set VS. realset. I know the function of global types (GLOBAL=everyone can see), (LOCAL=only cre can see), (ARxxxx=only good for that area, everyone can see). Can anyone tell me the difference between RealSetGlobalTimer and SetGlobalTimer . Is there an approriate way or standard for using one or the other. I've just been using SetGlobalTimer and my dialogs are popping up fine. Just wanted to know.
Thanks David
Minister of disinformation
Iltha Windspear
Working on Iltha Windspear Expansion. At left is Iltha, not me! I'm a guy. Who's Azrii you ask? She's the one who taught me it's a lot easier to fly with a basic storyline in hand as opposed to relying on my 'intuitive and ingenious' imagination.

#2 Kismet

Kismet

Mild Thang

• 348 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 02:43 PM

RealSetGlobalTimer uses real time and SetGlobalTimer uses game time.

#3 Azrii

Azrii

Iltha Windspear

• 65 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 03:05 PM

Kismet Posted: Aug 1 2003, 12:43 AM

RealSetGlobalTimer uses real time and SetGlobalTimer uses game time

Boy, that was a quick response. I guess I said about 300 words more than I needed. Just to clarify: SetGlobalTimer = I rest 99 times in a row and I can be reasonably confident this timer has expired.
RealSetGlobalTimer = I rest 99 times in a row and I can be reasonably confident this timer has ticked maybe 99 seconds.
Thanks Kismet
David
Minister of disinformation
Iltha Windspear
Working on Iltha Windspear Expansion. At left is Iltha, not me! I'm a guy. Who's Azrii you ask? She's the one who taught me it's a lot easier to fly with a basic storyline in hand as opposed to relying on my 'intuitive and ingenious' imagination.