• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:24 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if SOA and Worldmap 7.1 are golden as far as compatibility. Do I need this BMP from Red's topic to make things work?

http://www.shsforums...&...st&p=418123

I am swimming in a sea of confusion :wacko:

Thanks for any answers!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#2 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hi,

I am wondering if SOA and Worldmap 7.1 are golden as far as compatibility. Do I need this BMP from Red's topic to make things work?

Thanks for any answers!

It should be covered, anyway i discovered a "conceptual incompatibility" with BGT and SoA currently, posting it in my current install thread.

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 02:13 PM

Hi,

Thanks for any answers!

Stone of Askavar should work fine for WMv7 as long as you only install the "original" travel times component. I had to make a modification to the code in the Revised component .tph so in order to use that I suppose I'll need to put out a Stone of Askavar patch... crap! Really need to figure out how to code that differently...

It takes a village...

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for clarifying erebusant! Just in case I can't wait for a patch and roll back and reinstall WMv7, will my saves still convert from revised to original travel times ?
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for clarifying erebusant! Just in case I can't wait for a patch and roll back and reinstall WMv7, will my saves still convert from revised to original travel times ?

They should.

It takes a village...

#6 Red Carnelian

Red Carnelian
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:05 AM

I'm doing some updates to The Stone of Askavar, is there anything I can include in my setup files that will make it more compatible with the revised times?

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:36 AM

I'm doing some updates to The Stone of Askavar, is there anything I can include in my setup files that will make it more compatible with the revised times?

I can better answer that with some basic information. I will need to do a Worldmap update to account for the code changes in the "Revised" component, and I've not yet begun SoA in my current game. The main thing I need to know is how the new areas are to be revealed? Do es the party stumble across them, do they find a travel trigger and get taken directly to the areas, or are the areas revealed by script/dialogue, and then does travel ensue?

It takes a village...

#8 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:54 PM

The areas are revealed after you talk to the elf in Nashkel Carnival and accept his Stone of AsKavar quest. So it is dialog.

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

I've reviewed CEARWIN.dlg file. I'd recommend altering the area flags for both your new areas from 2 to 4 and create a travel link to & from each edge of AR3800 to ARS002 & ARS005. That will cover your ability to travel to either of the new areas immediately upon leaving the Carnival for the Original travel times component of Worldmap and I will make up the proper patch files to be extracted into the BP-BGT-Worldmap directory prior to installing if players wish to use the "revised" travel times component. It would be helpful, but not absolutely neccesary to have translations in the Worldmap languages as well.

It takes a village...

#10 EvilMax

EvilMax
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi, I have a related question. I am installing manually BWP (want some kind of different options and mod set than predefined) and found mods that require copying from Big World Fixpack worldmap.wmp. First mod was Drizzt Saga, it requires copying worldmap.wmp to override folder for correct install. Second is Stone of Askavar.
Stone of Askavar requires copying worldmap.wmp from Fixpack folder, but there is already worldmap.wmp that modified by Drizzt Saga.

Questions
1. Should I overwrite worldmap.wmp containing in override or should I keep modified version?
2. What are consequences loosing modification in worldmap.wmp made by Drizzt Saga?

P.S. I can do experiments, but already had some troubles with two TS versions. Semi-manual reinstalling takes lots of time.