Photo

Elka - Natalka and Imanel Silversword not attacking

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:31 PM

I met Elka (ELKA9.CRE Guess an addition of NSotSC) and Natalka (NATALK9.CRE) when i leave Nashkel mines. They are hostile (have red circle) but does not attack you. Natalka starts invisible. They both chase/follow you all over the map but still don't attack.

Imanel Silversword (P#IMANEL.CRE elven encounter at Baldur's Gate Bridge who has Kivan's Bow has the same problem. She is hostile but does not attack either)

I had the following error in my install maybe related to that:
"
ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [NTNATALK.cre] not found in KEY file:
[./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Keep custom items], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 47 files for [SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2] component 23.
Uninstalled 47 files for [SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2] component 23. (Keep Custom items for NSotSC)
ERROR: Failure("resource [NTNATALK.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
"

An old topic has posts about this one:

http://www.shsforums...pic=19745&st=10

I got 6 sirines instead of 3. When approaching from east, one of them (Natalka) turn hostile BEFORE Lamalha talk to me.

Lastly, as everyone has experienced, Elka doesn't turn hostile; but I don't have applied the horred's fix, I know nothing about scripting :)

They are not sirines but amazons of 4 (Lamalha, Zeela, Maneira, Telka) . I met them in Lighthouse section in my play.
Elka and Natalka are not one of them.

Attached Files

Edited by Leo_TR, 22 January 2009 - 04:14 PM.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

It is hard to tell what could cause this until we see your Weidu log.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:54 PM

It is hard to tell what could cause this until we see your Weidu log.

I thought i had it attached. Correctly done now. Also attached changelog for mentioned CRE files.

Edited by Leo_TR, 21 January 2009 - 11:43 PM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

The DSKEIRI5.CRE: and the other one DSKEIRI7.CRE: are NPC's from the mod DSotSC...she is a joinable bard NPC found at the Carnival.

The BG1NPC girl for Kivan's quest at Worm's Crossing is Imanel Silversword. That is the other one that had the script problem with not attacking, correct?

Can you do a change log for her CRE file? P#IMANEL

Then we might see the similarities with the first two in your change log.

Good Luck!

Edited by Hoppy, 22 January 2009 - 10:42 AM.

?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#5 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

The DSKEIRI5.CRE: and the other one DSKEIRI7.CRE: are NPC's from the mod DSotSC...she is a joinable bard NPC found at the Carnival.

The BG1NPC girl for Kivan's quest at Worm's Crossing is Imanel Silversword. That is the other one that had the script problem with not attacking, correct?

Can you do a change log for her CRE file? P#IMANEL

Then we might see the similarities with the first two in your change log.

Good Luck!

I was at work head full of stuff while posting that. So only checked a little. You're absolutely right, corrected as it should be.

Thanks

#6 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well it could be BP177 or P5Tweaks just from the change log. I have never had problems with NPC's being red and not attacking. With BP and other nuclear enhancing AI scripting mods, I have had minor instances of charcters that should turn hostile but stay white circled.

I do not have Pro5 tweaks installed in my game and a deprecated version of Sword Coast Strategems. All of the NPCs you mentioned work as intended so I am not sure now where to help.

One thing I might suggest is to search through BGII - SoA folder (if you can with your Windows OS) for the specific creature(s) and focus on backup folders contained in certain mods. Try copy paste one of the backups to override (backup the file in override first so you don't get worse changes). Then you can retry the battles and see if the character acts differently and that gets you closer to the cause.

BP177 and SCS backup many CRE files, I dunno about P5 Tweaks but there is a start.

- King Diamond

#7 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:52 PM

I met Elka (ELKA9.CRE Guess an addition of NSotSC) and Natalka (NATALK9.CRE) when i leave Nashkel mines. They are hostile (have red circle) but does not attack you. Natalka starts invisible. They both chase/follow you all over the map but still don't attack.

Imanel Silversword (P#IMANEL.CRE elven encounter at Baldur's Gate Bridge who has Kivan's Bow has the same problem. She is hostile but does not attack either)

"
[./chitin.key]

Uninstalled 47 files for [SETUP-BP-BALANCER.TP2] component 23. (Keep Custom items for NSotSC)
"

I got 6 sirines instead of 3. When approaching from east, one of them (Natalka) turn hostile BEFORE Lamalha talk to me.

Lastly, as everyone has experienced, Elka doesn't turn hostile; but I don't have applied the horred's fix, I know nothing about scripting :)

They are not sirines but amazons of 4 (Lamalha, Zeela, Maneira, Telka) . I met them in Lighthouse section in my play.

Would you post your AR3900.BCS too please?

It takes a village...

#8 Leo_TR

Leo_TR
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:08 AM

[/quote]
Would you post your AR3900.BCS too please?
[/quote]

I have AR3900.ARE

I dont know how to extract AR3900.BCS if possible.

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

"
[./chitin.key]

"

Elka and Natalka not attacking fixed for the next NTotSC release. I removed spawning them via script and Lamalha now spawns them.

It takes a village...