Photo

Hi, i just finished playing through a game with Xulaye

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:15 PM

i wanted to say it's great as is, but did have a few issues which you probably know of but i wanted to mention.

First, i had the joining problem again, she didn't want to join until i manually changed the global variable for that setting. So i'm not sure what kept her from changing over as she should after imrae's talk about rescuing phaere. But once i manually changed the variable to 2 she was eager to join.

i think everything ran smoothly from there, until the armor quest, where i had the same issue as mentioned elsewhere. i turned the armor over and went on about my business. She complained twice, the second time just after i switched the dragon's eggs, then left as if i hadn't gotten the armor.

So i reloaded and bumped that variable up to 4 i think, from 2, and she never mentioned the armor again and all seemed fine. The new ending of the underdark played out as it should from all i could tell, i got the reward and hit the road.

i was wondering if there was supposed to be something more regarding her sister and brother, or if that might be added later if it's not in the game now, or if their inclusion was just a "fleshing out" of the game.

Also, i wanted to put in my vote for her starting off with a drow crossbow and maybe a few more bolts. If for no other reason than that she is house despana and ought to have the funds to afford it. i don't recall anywhere in the UD to buy drow stuff, only the pickings off the bodies which leaves you fairly short on bolts and the last thing i want is her rushing into battle only to get killed and ruin my brand new, more exciting UD experience... *grin*

Anyway, it was a great enhancement to the UD. Sorry for blanking on which 2 variables i changed above, but i figured you'd know offhand. i figured it out after a bit of browsing in the dialogue files.

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

Thanks, agnar, it's much appreciated once again :D

The joining issue could be that there was a problem with Solaufein leaving the area, because that needs to occur before the dialogue will trigger.

Fixed the armor bug.

Unfortunately there isn't anything more about Benerra and Tarkiz--as much as I'd have liked to write it, I don't really have the time. They were meant to play a slightly bigger role than they do, but I decided to leave them in anyway as scenery.

I'll definitely give her more bolts, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :cheers:

#3 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:12 AM

Thanks, agnar, it's much appreciated once again :D

The joining issue could be that there was a problem with Solaufein leaving the area, because that needs to occur before the dialogue will trigger.

Fixed the armor bug.

Unfortunately there isn't anything more about Benerra and Tarkiz--as much as I'd have liked to write it, I don't really have the time. They were meant to play a slightly bigger role than they do, but I decided to leave them in anyway as scenery.

I'll definitely give her more bolts, thanks for the suggestion!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! :cheers:

Okay, cool. Man it's annoying how long it takes some of those game people to vanish. On the first time on the Temple map i swear i can't save it for 10-15 minutes while waiting for all those peasants and cult members to vanish... *grin* i'll try a quicksave before asking her to join, so i know soula is gone. :)

i understand the lack of time with your various mods and real life. i mostly wanted to be sure i didn't miss any content of the Xulaye mod. and Benerra and Tarkiz were the only featured characters, other than the Matron you give the armor to, who might have more content i missed. :)

#4 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:11 PM

I had the armour bug also (she didn't leave yet though). Is it the LK#XULQUESTREMINDER variable that's cockeyed? I've just bumped that up from 2 to 4 as suggested.

#5 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, the problem is I cleverly wrote the reminder scripts and dialogue before I'd made the armor itself, so they didn't have an actual check for the armor. One of those *headdesk* moments. :D

#6 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:11 PM

Heh well I guessed it was that one and changed it - no more problems. I've finished the Underdark now and got my reward. I enjoyed Xulaye despite the minor hiccups. One thing... Normally when Ardulace dies, I loot her nice Gorgon plate and gems. However, these seem to get lost in the transition out of the ritual chamber (I went back and looked and there were no corpses). I guess you can assume Xulaye took these for herself, but still. Darn!

#7 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, unfortunately adding in extra time is a bit of hassle. I can add the plate and the gems to the party's inventory if people would like that--or if anyone would like to tinker with the coding and come up with a solution they're welcome to, but unfortunately I don't have the time to do it and test.

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

#8 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Mm inventory option might be good if it's otherwise tricky to deal with.