Challenge 51: Weddings

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#41 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 06:14 AM

I also noticed that your character has 'Epantiras' written in reverse along with the runes on her belt (though I only noticed this because I had flipped the image :P )

Really? :blink: *flips in paint* Ohh, Yes... I can see them, too! :D

Nix, this is simply awesome, though I don't get it. Don't worry I hate backgrounds, too.

#42 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:12 AM

Have I mentioned how much I hate drawing backgrounds?

Don't worry, I'm a background-drawing-hater myself XD

Oh-oh it's odd to see people calling me "Pants" o_o lol just call me Epy if Epantiras is too long ;-)

I did my best to make the globlets look shiny, if you see my picture and you don't notice her pouring *something* in the globlets then it would mean that I failed ;-) the hands should be the focus of the whole picture. The color contrast was 75% intentional too.

I also noticed that your character has 'Epantiras' written in reverse along with the runes on her belt (though I only noticed this because I had flipped the image tongue.gif )

You noticed!!! Yeah! BTW the picture was mirrored before coloring (because of rings) in which way does it look like best? Original or mirrored?

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#43 _Nix_

_Nix_

You lookin' at me?

• 74 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 08:53 AM

SV, sooner or later you're going to review the forum on G3 and wonder what you've created by giving me the Angelo mod :P

Jazhara, remember the "party around the campfire" photo that was on the winnners list for the big major fanart comp ages ago? That's STILL my desktop background. SHS has a lot to answer for :D

Shae - Aww, thanks ^_^ I was trying to be realistic up till Viccy, but it all tends to get a bit cartoony after the first 3 hours or so. I'm kind of proud of Immy, actually, I like how the pose came out. And I really love the kind of dress-of-evil your PC has in the Xan wedding pic :D

Aliya, <SPOILERS> Angelo pretty much emotionally blackmails you into marrying him. I think it's supposed to be a kind of cheeky roguish way to make sure he never loses you but I'm pretty sure Nix would have SLAUGHTERED him later. It's kind of romantic in the context of the mod.

Epy, the serious one is brilliant (I wish I could make vague backgrounds look convincing), the look on Diriel's face in the cartoon one is priceless ^_^
Take above post with a glass of water. Do not take more than four doses in 24 hours. Store post in a cool, dry place. Always read the label.

Schrodinger's adorable polka dot bow tie almost makes up for his horrible, horrible time-dependent equation.

Minsc: What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it is there.

#44 Crazee

Crazee
  • Modder
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:26 AM

Epantiras, that first picture is stunning. I love your (more) serious art-work so much. I'm so jealous. I love the detail and texture of the clothing. I love your humourous drawings, too.

Nix, you should try and enter the art challenge more often! I love the expressions on the character's faces. And I know you don't like it, but I really like the background, too.

#45 Leila

Leila
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

Kivan and Deheriana's wedding, because I can never really imagine my own Bhaalspawns' marriages. I know absolutely nothing about elven weddings, much less each individual subrace, so I borrowed from the now pagan practice of Handfasting for wood elves, as I imagine they'd have a Celtic-inspired culture.

kivan.png

And yeah, I hate backgrounds. :S

Edited by Leila, 20 February 2009 - 09:58 PM.

#46 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

That's lovely - really sweet! You've done the hands well - hands are difficult.

#47 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

W00t! That's really lovely, Leila!

#48 Lythari

Lythari

Fabricati diem, Pvnk

• 366 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 01:57 PM

Great entries so far. :)
Epantiras, you are brilliant in both styles. :D
Nix, your picture is really nice. You did your PC's face very good.
Leila, this one is adorable, too. ^_^
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)

My deviantArt account / my dragon lair

#49 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:20 PM

So on the off-chance that Bhaal actually exists, I just earned myself an eternity in the Abyss:

get_attachment.aspx.jpg

sorry it sucks so much :( My muse has been addicted to Good Omens so it's been hard to do anything else (plus as you all know I can't exactly draw XD) Back to schoolwork!

Edited by JAMoczo, 22 February 2009 - 04:21 PM.

~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?
- Sand, Neverwinter Nights 2

?I would grieve for Eldoth, if it were not for the sense of joy I now feel.?
- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

I can does write fanfiction?

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#50 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:06 AM

Heheh. Sarevok is cool.

Viccy is jealous, is he? And Minsc is... unhappy?

#51 JAMoczo

JAMoczo
  • 123 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 05:39 AM

Heheh. Sarevok is cool.

Viccy is jealous, is he? And Minsc is... unhappy?

The big armored figure is actually Bhaal XD You know, Daddy walking her down the aisle...

(going off that, Sarevok's angry 'cause their armor is so similar, Viccy's in loooove and Minsc is crying tears of joy at his little protege in butt-kicking gettin' married :))
~Jen~

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

?Here, take this. It?s a few special concoctions I whipped up to help you tomorrow should Lorne decide to poison you, cheat, or simply give you several gaping chest wounds.?
- Sand, Neverwinter Nights 2

?I would grieve for Eldoth, if it were not for the sense of joy I now feel.?
- Xan, Baldur?s Gate

I can does write fanfiction?

Have Facebook? Then you should join The Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart! ... please :)

#52 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:45 AM

I've successfully managed to miss the entire two weeks of this wonderful challenge :crying:

I'm in a hurry now so, next Challenge is up! Have fun and don't forget to post more wedding photos here :wub:
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#53 darlarosa

darlarosa

A rush and a push and the land we stand on is ours!

• 384 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

ENLARGE IMAGES FOR BETTER VIEW OF DETAIL(SORRY CAMERA SUCKS)

Yes I'm a huge Kelsey fan in fact he was my first mod for anything...EVER and strangely enough only one of my PC's could ever truly love him , Orchid a mage of infinete power and a large heart to match. And she is Kelsey's baby mama *cough*

In the background Minsc is saying "Orchid and Kelsey are so happy...almost make Minsc cry...Minsc is not crying" and boo is crying on his shoulder.
On the left is Kelsey's mother and Brother, Kelvim.

Attached Images

• dry_orchid_and_kelsey.jpg
  • Best_Orchid_and_Kelsey.jpg

Edited by darlarosa, 23 February 2009 - 02:59 PM.

We could argue all day about whether or not I'm a reprehensible human being...Posted Image

"Feeling unknown
And you're all alone
Flesh and bone
By the telephone
Lift up the receiver
Ill make you a believer"

- Depeche Mode

Posted Image ------Posted Image ]------Posted Image------Posted Image----------Posted Image---------Posted Image----Posted Image------Posted Image-------Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image-----Posted Image------Posted Image------Posted Image--------Posted Image-------------Posted Image-------------------- click my dragon if you luv meh!

#54 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:49 PM

Aw man, I can't believe I missed this challenge! Darn!
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#55 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:05 AM

Well, you can still draw and post, you just won't be taken into account when Doxia does the statistics. :)

(Please draw a wedding pic, please draw a wedding pic!... :D )

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#56 Luridel

Luridel
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 10:52 PM

Eheh... never too late for another wedding?

SPOILERS ANGELO SPOILERS ANGELO SPOILERS-- yeah, you get it.

Not that much of a spoiler, seeing as this is the second Angelo!Wedding picture posted, but it never hurts to be safe.

I was going to include the rest of the party in this (Sarevok, Xan, and Anomen), but the page was getting a little bit crowded. Sooo, from left to right: Angelo Dosan, who I've always imagined with longer hair (and who looks like a girl here, I'm well aware of that), soon-to-be Lyrian Dosan (avariel, yes), and Imoen (whose eyes turned out horribly and make her look like a mass-murdering Bhaalsp-- wait, she is).

Since I can't draw a background to save the life of me... use your imagination. This is the party entering the temple of Waukeen. Imoen is excited as anything. Angelo is probably more afraid of her refusing the proposal than he'll let on. Lyrian has never been this stunned in her life. She'll say yes, don't worry.

Posted Image

Apologies for how scary Immy looks, the art style in general, using wing placement as a cheap cop-out to avoid having to draw armor, how young Angelo looks (if I'd colored this he'd have greying hair), lack of background... you get the idea.

Also, link to a work-in-progress of this, just so you can see Imoen before she grew a face:
http://img11.imagesh...5376/wiptge.png

"If they're not dead, watch out for a bunch of boneless women flopping through the streets."