Mods and patches needed for NWN?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Strontium Dog

Strontium Dog
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hello,

I'm thinking of playing Neverwinter Nights 1 again. I would like to know exactly which mods I need to install, including the number of the latest version, in oder to get the full game-experience. I remember last time installing the PRC mod and a few others that I can't think of, offhand, right now. Anyone able to give me a comprehensive list of the necessary enhancements? I can always add in any game mods such as doom of yartar trilogy etc., it's just that I'm never sure exactly what new game-enhancements such as the prc are needed as there are often several different versions on NWN Vault, unfinished betas hopelessly mixed in with alpha versions or completed versions etc.

Also, have the bugs been dealt with in Neverwinter Nights 2? And is NWN 2 now properly playable or does it still have the usual flaws(aside from the actual bugs). I understand 1 major flaw is that the characters never actually die, unlike in NWN 1.

Edited by Strontium Dog, 15 February 2009 - 02:19 PM.

#2 Bluenose

Bluenose

The gnome-sage of Ral Worcester

• 1565 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:52 PM

Hello,

I'm thinking of playing Neverwinter Nights 1 again. I would like to know exactly which mods I need to install, including the number of the latest version, in oder to get the full game-experience. I remember last time installing the PRC mod and a few others that I can't think of, offhand, right now. Anyone able to give me a comprehensive list of the necessary enhancements? I can always add in any game mods such as doom of yartar trilogy etc., it's just that I'm never sure exactly what new game-enhancements such as the prc are needed as there are often several different versions on NWN Vault, unfinished betas hopelessly mixed in with alpha versions or completed versions etc.

Also, have the bugs been dealt with in Neverwinter Nights 2? And is NWN 2 now properly playable or does it still have the usual flaws(aside from the actual bugs). I understand 1 major flaw is that the characters never actually die, unlike in NWN 1.

The latest, and last official patch, is 1.69. There are some people working on adding more to the core game, ovar at the NWVault. As for things I'd recommend, the CEP (Community Expansion Project) would be near the top of my list, which iirc is at version 2.1. The PRC pack hadn't been confirmed to work with 1.69, last I looked, but people had used it successfully.

Back from the brink.

Like RPGs? Like Star Wars? Think combining the two would be fun? Read Darths and Droids, and discover the line "Jar Jar, you're a genius".

These, in the day when heaven was falling,
The hour when earth's foundations fled,
Followed their mercenary calling
And took their wages and are dead.