• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

This was probably mentioned somewhere, but it's slipped my mind and I can't find a mention of it in the dialogue. What race was Patrick?

His in-game avatar was altered to address the mutation of his spirit. He weilded a halbard, unusual for a halfling, but that and the armor he drops were touched by evil, implying this noble man aquired them after his death. It is mentioned somewhere that he was not a fellow follower of Avoreen, but that isn't very helpful eather as I believe Avoreen is a human diety, so we can't get any closer to writing off him being a halfling.

Was it addressed at any point in this mod?

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#2 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 12:22 PM

I think there are quite a few theories, which is why I decided to leave Patrick's race up to the imagination of the player. :) So it isn't mentioned in dialogue anywhere, and it was a deliberate choice.

#3 -JR-

-JR-

Machete-Wielding Historian

• Modder
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

That's what I thought, about the mod I mean.

Can you maybe point me towads one of the theories, if they're written down anywhere?

"Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil." - C.S. Lewis

#4 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

There's a little here, another here... the search function is helpful. I'm sure there are more, you just need to look. :)

#5 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:55 AM

It is mentioned somewhere that he was not a fellow follower of Avoreen, but that isn't very helpful eather as I believe Avoreen is a human diety, so we can't get any closer to writing off him being a halfling.

As a note, Arvoreen is a Halfling Deity of war, vigilance, duty, and puppies defense.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#6 -Meram-

-Meram-

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

You can read her biography, and it pretty blatantly says "-halfling-" comrades. That should crush all theories for you. :)

#7 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

You can read her biography, and it pretty blatantly says "-halfling-" comrades. That should crush all theories for you. :)

And what about that guy with the thief avatar who you meet in the forest before shadow temple? He dies pretty quick and on his body you can find interesting note ( or diary , or whatever ). That guy must be giant among halflings ( maybe tall fellow subrace ).  :) I for one, always thought that Patrick was human ( yeah, heretic, please don't burn me ).  :lol:

#8 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:27 AM

double post, deleted, cursed disallowed key characters

Edited by Greenhorn, 11 January 2016 - 09:29 AM.