Is it possible to steal a key from Soego?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Cteve-

-Cteve-

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

Hello. Just viewing PS:T dialogs with Infinity Explorer & found interesting thing. There is a check in Soego's dialog, if he's carrying a key. An if he doesn't, than there's another interesting piece of dialog.
Posted Image

#2 Qwinn

Qwinn
  • Modder
  • 3092 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

It's unlikely, but yes, you could. Soego has a key that lets him open the Mortuary door for you to leave at the very beginning of the game. If you left the Mortuary by an alternate route, learned how to be a thief and then came back, sure, you could steal it from him, and then asking him to help you leave would result in that dialogue.

Qwinn

#3 nevill

nevill
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 04:32 AM

Why would you need to steal a key from Soego AFTER you've found out about the alternative route? Wouldn't it make more sense if you could do it before that, seeing how the developers wanted to allow a player to leave the Mortuary in as many ways as possible? And with him being deep in thoughts I wouldn't call a stealing attempt through the dialogue box too far-fetched (I mean, you can do something similar in a quest with one of these Death Contracts without actually being a thief, though it really helps). :)

I know, I know... not enough evidence of developer's intent. Just thinking aloud. :)

Edited by nevill, 04 June 2009 - 04:35 AM.