• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#1 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:05 AM

Please post any bugs or possible bugs related to Part 2 in this thread.

Edited by erebusant, 22 February 2009 - 08:06 AM.

It takes a village...

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:52 AM

Heh heh :D Back again. I'm now in part deux and the baron's been murgalized :lol: I fixed both problems though but it makes sense to report them for future versions :D

Anyway, didn't have Fabio near me when my party arrived in Restenford and methinks that's the reason for this bug. After I reach Restenford, I talk to Pelltar and he says the usual, three suspects, the items near the body, first suspect, second suspect ... and then, he ends dialog. I loked through his .dlg using nearinfinity and there's supposed to be an interjection by Fabio (about the second suspect). Pelltar just won't talk about the third suspect without Fabio. Oh, and cause of that Garotten doesn't show up on the worldmap :D All fixed now by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHFABIO") :cheers:

Btw: Any news on the "NO VALID LINKS" thing?? :P

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:08 AM

Heh heh :D Back again. I'm now in part deux and the baron's been murgalized :lol: I fixed both problems though but it makes sense to report them for future versions :D

Anyway, didn't have Fabio near me when my party arrived in Restenford and methinks that's the reason for this bug. After I reach Restenford, I talk to Pelltar and he says the usual, three suspects, the items near the body, first suspect, second suspect ... and then, he ends dialog. I loked through his .dlg using nearinfinity and there's supposed to be an interjection by Fabio (about the second suspect). Pelltar just won't talk about the third suspect without Fabio. Oh, and cause of that Garotten doesn't show up on the worldmap :D All fixed now by CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("BHFABIO") :cheers:

Was Fabio in your party at the end of Part one when you were returned to the temple, or did you boot him out before returning??

It takes a village...

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:44 PM

Is Fabio absolutely positively necessary to complete the mod?? :mellow: OMG!!! And to think of all the stuff I may have missed!! I didn't have Fabio in me party in part 1 and don't intend to have him in part 2. But yeah, the way he talked ("you gotta have me to investigate the case" sorta thing) does give a hint that he may be necessary. So should I use him to explore the rest of the mod?? Will I miss out on critical items or info if I don't have him??

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#5 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

Is Fabio absolutely positively necessary to complete the mod?? :mellow: OMG!!! And to think of all the stuff I may have missed!! I didn't have Fabio in me party in part 1 and don't intend to have him in part 2. But yeah, the way he talked ("you gotta have me to investigate the case" sorta thing) does give a hint that he may be necessary. So should I use him to explore the rest of the mod?? Will I miss out on critical items or info if I don't have him??

You don't need him. I just wanted to know if he was in your party or not at the end of part 1.

It takes a village...

#6 Ken Danforth

Ken Danforth
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

Was Fabio in your party at the end of Part one when you were returned to the temple, or did you boot him out before returning??

I ran into the same exact problem. Pelltar told me about the first two and stopped. Fabio was nowhere to be found. I had Fabio in my party for a short time in part 1 but he was not in my party at the end of part 1.

#7 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:30 PM

Ok, I just had a HUGE slew of misplaced code :ph34r:

Before I start, I have to tell ya that I didn't talk to Qualton at the temple, even in part 1 (didn't think there was a door there) and talked to Martin the Druid in Garotten only once (outside, near the well thingy. I didn't know that the house was his :P Never bothered to check until the end) where he told me about how Almax had informed him etc. And finally, I didn't talk AT ALL to Rogan. When I found him behind the wall (after talkin to the mayor for the first time), he didn't have anything to say. But so did Tellish, so IDK if he had any dialogues at all :P

The problem started after I talked to the mayor gal, Arnesse. Anyway, here's the sequence to events that I did.

SPOILER WARNING:

Talked to mayor
Cleared lake lizards cave (killed Lizard king)
Went to Garotten (not castle)
Talked to the 3 suspects' apprentices to get the journal entries
Went to castle
Talked to mayor (who told me that the 3 are to be executed)
Went up right stairs and rescued 3 suspects and Phirkas
(PS: What's the elf note doing behind the locked door?? :P)
Went up left stairs to Assassin guild (using Ctrl+j :P I thought everyone going hostile was a bug cause the mayor obviously seemed much more important :D)
Murgalized everyone who went hostile (including Sangster)
Talked to Holga and let her go
Took Arnesse's documents
Went downstairs
Killed the entire ground floor when Ascue(??) raised an alarm (including mayor, Tellish, Rogan etc)
Went to Garotten town

Now is where the bugs start. First, I talked to Martin (I was like ... OMG!! He was here the entire time :whistling: ) He said things like storming the castle (which I already did) and stuff. Then he doesn't say anything new. Looked through Nearinfinity for missing dialogue and he doesn't seem to have any. 19 states right?? He deserves atleast some kind of endgame dialogue non?? :D

Ok, next to Harper's, he teleports in and ... He doesn't have anything to say :blink: (And after I rescued the poor sod :D)

Next, to Abraham's (MAJOR BUG) He was standing near the passageway entrance (blocking the thin guy in the back :D KODAK MOMENT!!! :D) When I talked to him ... He talked to me like it was his first time, with the going-to-fireplace cinematic and everything :o I ran out!!!

Talked to Phirkas next, he talked to me like the first time too :o And took 5 gold too :doh: (AGAIN)

Didn't bother to check on Barlommew. My mind said he'd talk like the first time too :P

Anyway, I went back to Restenford. confronted Pelltar. Showed him the documents first and then the letter from Qualton. He took both!! So later when I finally found Qualton, I didn't have the letter and he wouldn't fight :P So I CLUAed BHNOTE1 and talked, we fought, I killed :D Then talked to Pelltar again and teleported bacj to Wyrm's crossing. So, mod complete it seems eh?? :D

If ya don't bother with the bugs, it's a very good mod ya know. I'd never have guessed it was Qualton :D Yeah, I like mysteries :P But yeah, I salute Sir BillyBob, and the entire BoneHill team for this great mod and of course you, erebusant for still maintaining it :Bow:

Cheers and good luck for any future projects :cheers: Off to kick some armored Sarevok butt!!! :D

Edited by Lollorian, 12 March 2009 - 05:32 PM.

#8 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

I ran into the same exact problem. Pelltar told me about the first two and stopped. Fabio was nowhere to be found. I had Fabio in my party for a short time in part 1 but he was not in my party at the end of part 1.

I'll double check this when I reach the point of returning to Bonehill.

It takes a village...

#9 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Ok, I just had a HUGE slew of misplaced code :ph34r:

Before I start, I have to tell ya that I didn't talk to Qualton at the temple, even in part 1 (didn't think there was a door there) and talked to Martin the Druid in Garotten only once (outside, near the well thingy. I didn't know that the house was his :P Never bothered to check until the end) where he told me about how Almax had informed him etc. And finally, I didn't talk AT ALL to Rogan. When I found him behind the wall (after talkin to the mayor for the first time), he didn't have anything to say. But so did Tellish, so IDK if he had any dialogues at all :P

The problem started after I talked to the mayor gal, Arnesse. Anyway, here's the sequence to events that I did.

SPOILER WARNING:

Talked to mayor
Cleared lake lizards cave (killed Lizard king)
Went to Garotten (not castle)
Talked to the 3 suspects' apprentices to get the journal entries
Went to castle
Talked to mayor (who told me that the 3 are to be executed)
Went up right stairs and rescued 3 suspects and Phirkas
(PS: What's the elf note doing behind the locked door?? :P )
Went up left stairs to Assassin guild (using Ctrl+j :P I thought everyone going hostile was a bug cause the mayor obviously seemed much more important :D )
Murgalized everyone who went hostile (including Sangster)
Talked to Holga and let her go
Took Arnesse's documents
Went downstairs
Killed the entire ground floor when Ascue(??) raised an alarm (including mayor, Tellish, Rogan etc)
Went to Garotten town

Now is where the bugs start. First, I talked to Martin (I was like ... OMG!! He was here the entire time :whistling: ) He said things like storming the castle (which I already did) and stuff. Then he doesn't say anything new. Looked through Nearinfinity for missing dialogue and he doesn't seem to have any. 19 states right?? He deserves atleast some kind of endgame dialogue non?? :D

Ok, next to Harper's, he teleports in and ... He doesn't have anything to say :blink: (And after I rescued the poor sod :D )

Next, to Abraham's (MAJOR BUG) He was standing near the passageway entrance (blocking the thin guy in the back :D KODAK MOMENT!!! :D ) When I talked to him ... He talked to me like it was his first time, with the going-to-fireplace cinematic and everything :o I ran out!!!

Talked to Phirkas next, he talked to me like the first time too :o And took 5 gold too :doh: (AGAIN)

Didn't bother to check on Barlommew. My mind said he'd talk like the first time too :P

Anyway, I went back to Restenford. confronted Pelltar. Showed him the documents first and then the letter from Qualton. He took both!! So later when I finally found Qualton, I didn't have the letter and he wouldn't fight :P So I CLUAed BHNOTE1 and talked, we fought, I killed :D Then talked to Pelltar again and teleported bacj to Wyrm's crossing. So, mod complete it seems eh?? :D

If ya don't bother with the bugs, it's a very good mod ya know. I'd never have guessed it was Qualton :D Yeah, I like mysteries :P But yeah, I salute Sir BillyBob, and the entire BoneHill team for this great mod and of course you, erebusant for still maintaining it :Bow:

Cheers and good luck for any future projects :cheers: Off to kick some armored Sarevok butt!!! :D

Thanks for the reports. Looks like I'll spend my next run thru of part 2 working on lots of DestroySelf() scripts.... <_<

It takes a village...

#10 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 15 March 2009 - 11:47 AM

Hi, I just ran into a serious problem today using SoBH Version 210.

Whenever I agree to speak in private with Abraham in Garrotten, a cutscene starts and then freezes. Ambient sounds & music are playing, but nothing else happens.

Any suggestions on how to avoid, skip or fix this cutscene freezing? Or, is it okay to simply skip talking to Abraham and instead go talk to just Balmorrow and Harper instead?

Thanks,

>> Torvald <<

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#11 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

Whenever I agree to speak in private with Abraham in Garrotten, a cutscene starts and then freezes. Ambient sounds & music are playing, but nothing else happens.

Any suggestions on how to avoid, skip or fix this cutscene freezing? Or, is it okay to simply skip talking to Abraham and instead go talk to just Balmorrow and Harper instead?

Thanks,

>> Torvald <<

v210 is an older version. This bug is repaired in later versions.

It takes a village...

#12 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 17 March 2009 - 01:19 PM

Thanks,

>> Torvald <<

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear that bug got fixed in later versions.

The reason my SoBH version is so old is that my BGT game was originally installed back in Oct 2007, but was then put on hold for health reasons (a serious head injury). Am now doing better, so have resumed playing BGT with SoBH.

I've now successfully talked with Balmorrow & Harper. Is it okay to simply skip talking with Abraham and proceed instead to the castle, or is Abraham a key part of the plot that I must transition thru? If I must talk with him, is there any way to do so without restarting the game with a new install of the latest version of SoBH? I'd really hate to start all over again.

For example, if I now (in the middle of the game during Chapter 7) were to uninstall my older version of SoBH and then install the current version, would that work okay, or would that only mess up my game?

Thanks.

Edited by Torvald, 17 March 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#13 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

Thanks,

>> Torvald <<

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear that bug got fixed in later versions.

The reason my SoBH version is so old is that my BGT game was originally installed back in Oct 2007, but was then put on hold for health reasons (a serious head injury). Am now doing better, so have resumed playing BGT with SoBH.

I've now successfully talked with Balmorrow & Harper. Is it okay to simply skip talking with Abraham and proceed instead to the castle, or is Abraham a key part of the plot that I must transition thru? If I must talk with him, is there any way to do so without restarting the game with a new install of the latest version of SoBH? I'd really hate to start all over again.

For example, if I now (in the middle of the game during Chapter 7) were to uninstall my older version of SoBH and then install the current version, would that work okay, or would that only mess up my game?

Thanks.

Hey Torvald, could you zip or rar your BHABRAHA.dlg & your dialog.tlk file and post it here? I'll see what I can do for your game. You don't want to un-install and re-install.

It takes a village...

#14 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:10 PM

[/quote]
Hey Torvald, could you zip or rar your BHABRAHA.dlg & your dialog.tlk file and post it here? I'll see what I can do for your game. You don't want to un-install and re-install.
[/quote]

Thanks agains for your help.

Here is a zipped copy of my dialog.tlk file.

Have searched for the other file, BHABRAHA.tlk, but was not able to locate it anywhere. Perhaps that might be what is causing my cutscene to freeze when I try to talk in private with Abraham.

P.S. What program do are you using to read a .tlk file?

#15 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:58 PM

Have searched for the other file, BHABRAHA.tlk, but was not able to locate it anywhere. Perhaps that might be what is causing my cutscene to freeze when I try to talk in private with Abraham.

Use NI to view the dialog file, then save it and it will be extracted from its biff to your override. Then you can zip it.

It takes a village...

#16 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

Use NI to view the dialog file, then save it and it will be extracted from its biff to your override. Then you can zip it.

Okay, I've now downloaded NearInfinity v1.32 and used it to extract the BHABRAHA.dlg file from my BGT install folder.

Here is a copy of the zipped file.

Edited by Torvald, 19 March 2009 - 05:46 AM.

#17 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2009 - 03:57 PM

Erebusant,

Thanks for sending me the WeiDu packaged version of the updated Abraham dialog file.

That was extremely generous of you and I really appreciate it.

It installed perfectly, and I was able to successfully complete Part 2 of the Secret of Bonehill quest mod.

Thanks again,

>> Torvald <<

#18 -ds-

-ds-

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

I'm a Chinese Player and have translated vision. I play BH 2.40 and face the same promblem happened on Torvald.
erebusant,Can I get an updated BhABlA...tlk,and should I download NI for installing it or someting else. Thank you.

#19 erebusant

erebusant

It takes a village...

• Modder
  • 2109 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:11 AM

I'm a Chinese Player and have translated vision. I play BH 2.40 and face the same promblem happened on Torvald.
erebusant,Can I get an updated BhABlA...tlk,and should I download NI for installing it or someting else. Thank you.

The best fix would be to download and install the BH v2.45 dialog patch. Abraham's dialog fix is included. Normally it would be installed directly after Bonehill, but it can be installed at any point in your game safely.

It takes a village...

#20 -ds-

-ds-

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:08 PM

The dialog is OK now ,thank you very much.