• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Torvald

Torvald
  • Validating
  • 188 posts

Donator

Posted 23 February 2009 - 03:02 PM

I am having a wonderful time playing Classic Adventures, so want to start off thanking all who have contributed to making it so great.

Having said that, I want to ask if it is possible to play thru both the Sunless Citadel and the Silver Princess modules without messing up the story plotline.

You see, I started playing thru Sunless Citadel and had Chaarna leave me at the beginning. Thinking that was a hint I was going the wrong way, I restarted and played thru the Silver Princess module. Lots of challenging fun, but was surprised at the very end to have one of the NPCs leave me. Second-guessing again, I thought this was telling me I really should have gone the original route, so restarted the game all over and played thru just the Sunless Citadel.

I've now played thru the Slaver Ship area and am getting ready to go to the swamp area. Is it possible for me to go back now and fight my way thru the Silver Princess (to gain experience) without messing up my plot progression, or is really too late to do that now?

"My wife says I have the body of a God - Buddha!"

#2 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:59 AM

Chaarna always leaves at the end of the Silver Princess, she does return later. You have to find her. I am afraid it is too late to return. If you finished the Slaver ship, SP wouldn't offer you much of a challenge anyhow. Remember SP has three joinable NPC's that you can have only if you go through it. Sunless has two NPC's. CA is now big large enough with many different paths to enjoy. You will find that it does have replay value, So I suggest try both different ways with different games.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#3 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:29 AM

Chaarna always leaves at the end of the Silver Princess, she does return later. You have to find her. I am afraid it is too late to return. If you finished the Slaver ship, SP wouldn't offer you much of a challenge anyhow. Remember SP has three joinable NPC's that you can have only if you go through it. Sunless has two NPC's. CA is now big large enough with many different paths to enjoy. You will find that it does have replay value, So I suggest try both different ways with different games.

i wanted to mention, i thought it was odd that in the vault of ages i was offered the npc's from the silver princess dungeon, whom i'd never met as i played through the sunless citadel this time. i didn't pick them so maybe he says "who?" if i ask for aleigha. But i thought it odd i was offered folks i'd never met there.

i'll try to post a more thorough in depth thing with questions, praise, bugs, etc. later on.

#4 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:09 AM

Yes, currently the Vault does allow you to access NPCs that you have never met. I have to do a scrub on each NPC to see which ones you talk to and which you haven't, then update the access list to only show you those that you have met. It will get done someday but maybe not immedately. For now, you can access them if you want to see what their potential is. Just remembe that most of them are at level 2-3 so they will have a hard time of it in Myth Drannor.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#5 agnar

agnar
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

Yes, currently the Vault does allow you to access NPCs that you have never met. I have to do a scrub on each NPC to see which ones you talk to and which you haven't, then update the access list to only show you those that you have met. It will get done someday but maybe not immedately. For now, you can access them if you want to see what their potential is. Just remembe that most of them are at level 2-3 so they will have a hard time of it in Myth Drannor.

Ah ok, i hadn't considered that they would be the same versions i originally would meet. That's a good way to keep folks, for now, from just pulling in a high level npc you've never met and acting like you're old buddies. *grin*

i should also add, having just this last run through paid more attention to the summoning dialogues, i like the way you did those. Stupidly i ran through the dialogues too fast the previous run throughs, so missed out on the chance of meeting certain people. :)