• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 02:29 PM

This is a topic for misc mod wants. Is there anything you'd like to see in this mod? Anything you'd hate to see? Do you have a strong desire to have actions (give Imoen that peck on the cheek you've always wanted to give)? Do you want long descriptions (the way Imoen smiles at you, hair being ruffled by the breeze)? etc.

If it isn't covered by another topic, dump it in here.

#2 BesterP12

BesterP12
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:09 PM

One thing I really felt was always missing was a reaction to whatever romance you're involved in. I always thought she'd have some comments about whoever you were seeing. Even more so if that person was someone she already knew maybe.

#3 Gospel

Gospel
  • 338 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 04:33 AM

I like both of those examples :)

They are sweet :D
Is kitty :)

#4 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:13 PM

One thing I really felt was always missing was a reaction to whatever romance you're involved in. I always thought she'd have some comments about whoever you were seeing. Even more so if that person was someone she already knew maybe.

I agree. I wouldn't even mind several conversations with Imoen about the PC's romance.

Maybe she could even have something to say to the one you are romancing. :)
"Figured it out, yet?"

#5 Slayne

Slayne
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

Or if your one of the few who wait till the romances come too their conflicts, make comments as to which girl she thinks is better for you.

I know some, like my own sister, had comments as too which girl she would have preferred I dated when there were two interested.

#6 Riona

Riona
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:07 PM

Or if your one of the few who wait till the romances come too their conflicts, make comments as to which girl she thinks is better for you.

Or guy--but then, I am not sure if Quitch plans to make this mod compatible with other mods like the Kelsey mod (if this was answered already, sorry, but I haven't seen it mentioned).

By the by, though, normally romances come to conflict long before you get Imoen.
"Figured it out, yet?"

#7 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 08:44 PM

I'd like some of the topics to vary depending on your alignment/race/class/gender...not all, but a few.

Also i'd like her to give comments on the situation/area your in...or complaints...or complain when you're gonna get to the next inn so she can take a bath...or perhaps you can.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 -Solar-

-Solar-

Posted 16 August 2003 - 08:25 PM

What i'd really like to see is some dialog options where you can specify that you are making a joke, or that you're just teasing her.

for example:

Imoen: Solar, does black and yellow look good on me?

1. (Joke) I don't know, I need something to compare... say, take them off so I can see how you look without them on.

2. (Tease her) Well, they certainly can't be worse than that pink you were always wearing.

3. Stop bothering me with inane questions, kid!

And of coure, the consequences should reflect the fact that you are only joking or teasing. Perhaps she'll laugh at it, but if she doesn't find it funny, there should also be an option for you to apologize for the bad joke.

Something else that would be funny would be for Imoen to start a conversation in the middle of combat...
ex:

4. Imoen... *ducks* ...can't you see that... *blades clash* ...I'm a little busy right now??? *Sound of a dying scream*

;)

#9 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 09:54 AM

Combat ones are difficult because you're never sure what everyone is doing, but there are ways around that.

Imoen: , ya know you always wheeze when fighting?

1. Imoen! I'm trying not to die here! A little help?

2. (wheeze) I (wheeze) try (wheeze) not to.

3. Imoen, there are things here tyring to kill you. Don't make me join them.

4. Couldn't this wait?

Mind you, I wouldn't include option two, it's one of those "PICK ME!" options.

#10 Derrain

Derrain
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 08:50 PM

One thing which I always felt would be very appropriate in fleshing out the relationship between Imoen and CHARNAME would be to put in situations where the player could be the one coming across as insecure and uncertain of their course of action for a change and let the NPC, in this case Imoen, be the one to provide support and strength. In almost all the Bioware interactions your options are to come across as ( a ) strong sensative, ( b ) strong and evil, ( c ) strong and uncaring. That is to say your character lifts the NPC's up, beats them down, or grunts and ignores them. It makes you seem less than human and makes the supposed relationships seem a little false.

For instance, what would Imoen do if she saw you staring at the ground deep in thought after having the dream which enables you to turn into the Slayer at will? If she approaches the player and tries to find out what is wrong (as I imagine she would), what would she do if you expressed doubt... told her you believed you could now turn into the slayer at will... worried that you wouldn't be able to control it... worried even more that you might *NEED* to use it eventually to protect yourself / the group... expressed doubt in your ability to carry on and fear that you are turning into some sort of a freak or monster (particularly if your player has made a point of resisting the taint to this point) ?

How would she react if you emotionally broke down after successfully defeating Yaga Shura because you weren't able to defeat him quickly enough to save Saradush?

Basically I'd really like to see a mod in which the NPC's gain their place as equals, at least in terms of (simulated) humanity with the PlayerCharacter rather than just being burdens you are supposed to feel good about providing with emotional support.

#11 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 11:03 PM

A fine idea. I shall be sure to try and avoid a one-sided relationship.

#12 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 08:12 AM

By the by, though, normally romances come to conflict long before you get Imoen.

Only if you drag your heels quite a bit going to get Imoen back, and I believe that's going to be, hmm, gently discouraged.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

#13 Slayne

Slayne
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 10:08 AM

By the by, though, normally romances come to conflict long before you get Imoen

Agree with Kish. One of the very first things I do with my games is go save Imoen, which typically is done just after the slavers quest. Maybe one or two more. So for me, by the time I have Imoen, its near the early stages of the relationship still.

I know I'm not the only one that does it this way, but for some I could see what you mean. Even then, I think it would be a rather nice idea to toss in should time be permitted and the creativity still flowing.

#14 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 01:34 AM

If you don't move to save Imoen pretty quickly, you'll find her mind is a pile of goo by the time you reach her.

#15 mickeyblueeyessj

mickeyblueeyessj
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 05:48 PM

I'd have to say I'd like to see some NPC interactions with Imoen. I know there is a lot of NPCs, so perhaps you could limit it to the ones that are transferred over from BG1 like Jaheira, Minsc and Edwin.

Perhaps you could make it so one of the NPCs develops a crush on Imoen or something and there's a few dialogues before Imoen gently lets them down.

The first NPCs who come to mind are Minsc and Edwin.

I don't recommend Cernd since no plays with him, so it'ds be a waste of your time.

If you want, I could pm you with a more full explanation. I don't want to explain too much here, just in case you decide to go with it lol

#16 Quitch

Quitch

Perfection

• Modder
  • 1132 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 04:29 AM

I intend to give Imoen banters with all the NPC's. I've heard this might be a problem if I try to do it the normal way, but I do wish to work this feature in.

#17 Jinnai

Jinnai

Bye Sanzo! You'll play with me again next time?

• 377 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 08:22 AM

What do you mean?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 09:11 AM

I intend to give Imoen banters with all the NPC's. I've heard this might be a problem if I try to do it the normal way, but I do wish to work this feature in.

Basically every Immy banter has to be activated by script and using her IMOEN2J file because she has no banter file! Who knows why...

PS She can have non-script activated banters if another NPCs starts them as it will trigger normally. You just have to use her IMOEN2J file in the banter.
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#19 JPS

JPS

Knight of the Living Dead

• 205 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 11:09 AM

I intend to give Imoen banters with all the NPC's.

Would this be just two or three banters to bring her to the same level of interaction as all the other characters, or would you consider doing something more with them? It would be nice if she could develop a deeper friendship with some characters (or a deeper... er... unfriendship, by all means, if that's what you like). I've always imagined her liking people like Aerie or Jan, for example, but it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to do all the imagining myself...

It wouldn't have to be anything big, not even near the level of interaction she would have with the PC; just a little bit more than the standard banters. Think about it ? there could finally be someone in your party who begs Jan to tell more stories :D

(Actually, I think all NPCs should have the potential to develop bonds with each other, but that's somewhat outside the scope of this discussion, this mod being about Imoen and all...)

JPS
"They have no thought of safety, subtlety, or strategy, leaving others with no hope of stopping their mass assault."

Visit the Gibberlings Three!

#20 Kish

Kish
  • 1265 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 12:02 PM

I like JPS' idea.
Posted Image

http://www.moveon.org/fox/
"You are what you do. Choose again, and change."
--Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan