Bug Report for Version 0.49

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#81 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 07:12 AM

I think I have part of this fixed but I can't really tell.

Rurik's script tells him to say something when you first enter the shop. The only dialog that meets the condition is the one welcoming the PC to his shop. This is the dialog where he will give Dirbert the arrow container. The script and the dialog file do not use the same global variable but it really shouldn't matter, as long as the game engine can match up something, it will work. I have gone ahead and corrected his dialog to match his script just for consistancy.

However, in your saved game, it still doesn't work. So I am not sure what else is going on. I don't think he is trying a banter. I have had the party stand outside long enough that it would have triggered.

I'll have to see if I can duplicate the problem with my own saved file.

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#82 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:04 PM

However, in your saved game, it still doesn't work. So I am not sure what else is going on. I don't think he is trying a banter. I have had the party stand outside long enough that it would have triggered.

Ok, here's what helped me to somewhat fix this issue:
- I set TCRurikAtShop global to 1, since I figured it's because it was set to other value (or probable it wasn't set at all in the first place) that I was having second Rurik spawned when I dismissed first one within his forge.
- Then I dismissed him to make sure it works.
- Then he run his dialogue "<CHARNAME>, good ta see ya. How's everyone in Oakhurst?", after that "Here ya go, me friend. I hope ya can use this well.", and in the end he asked to join back with party.
- I accepted him in and it seems like that weird stutter is gone: he leaves battlestance, I could talk to him ok and he spits correct phrases: for his shop and his upgrades.

Now that being said, I hope it was some local quirk since other players haven't encountered it, perhaps some variables were messed up during initial talks. I think this case should be safely ignored by now unless others will report the same thing.

Once again, my thanks for overally great mod!

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#83 xdeathplanetx

xdeathplanetx
  • 164 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

if i try to make an armor with a minerl by Rurik(the first one the one he does not take even money) if i don't give him a gem to give a color to the armor he take the mineral but does not give the armor he gives the armor only if i give also a gem.
is not a great bug but i just wonted to say it

#84 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

It is much weirder than what you describe. Rurik is taking the gem if you have one. However in the script block that tells him to give the armor to the player, it also says to take the ore which isn't happening. So I will need to run a few tests to figure out why it isn't working as it should. All of this code has been in the game for over a year now. I only added in the extra commands for the gems and different colored armors. Very strange, thanks for pointing it out.

if i try to make an armor with a minerl by Rurik(the first one the one he does not take even money) if i don't give him a gem to give a color to the armor he take the mineral but does not give the armor he gives the armor only if i give also a gem.
is not a great bug but i just wonted to say it

Note - Now fixed. I had fat fingered the ITM file names that get created. Once corrected, he now gives you the item. Other changes now make him take the ore from you.

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 07 May 2009 - 01:47 PM.
Update

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website